Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get well soon, Chuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Get well soon, Chuck Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8447831/indianapolis-colts-coach-chuck-pagano-leukemia

A member of the extended Ravens family and a man a lot of us are very fond of given the exemplary and classy job he did when he was in Baltimore, Chuck Pagano is being treated for leukemia and has taken leave from his head coaching job in Indianapolis for the time being.

There's obviously already a thread in NFL News, but I think this deserves some mention in the Ravens forum as well. I'm heartened to hear that this is being treated as immensely 'treatable' and that there are reasons to be optimistic about Pagano's recovery.

Hope to see him back on the sidelines soon tormenting the AFC South. Get well soon, Chuck.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was in shock when I heard the news earlier.

Chuck Pagano was no doubt my favorite Ravens coach of all time. I loved his energy, passion, and overall knowledge of the game. His ability to improve a unit- even if the talent there wasn't so sharp- was phenomenal.

Initially when the news broke, I didn't see any info about it being treatable... then when NFLN re-updated the news and the word "treatable" showed up, I was just all around happy to hear that.

He's probably the only Ravens DC to get a HC gig that I felt would truly succeed, I just hope this setback doesn't rob him of that opportunity. I hope he makes a speedy... and better yet, permanent recovery and get back to football.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt horrible reading about this. As a survivor myself I wish him a full and speedy recovery. I'm just glad it is treatable.

I wish he never left Baltimore but without a doubt deserved to move up. I look forward to seeing him back soon.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for you, Chucky! Get well my man!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks to hear and I hope he was a full and speedy recovery.

Without knowing exactly what sort of leukaemia it is, the fact that he is in his 50s* and its being reported as a "treatable" form of leukaemia is a very good sign.

*People diagnosed in their 50s and beyond tend to have less aggressive, more chronic forms of leukaemia, not like the leukaemia's that little kids get and so tend to live pretty normal lives

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: