Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should start at cb?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Who should start at cb? Reply with quote

Gay sucks and today proved it. Toler looked ok and had a pick but I like fleming a lot too. Who should we start with pp at cb, toler or fleming?

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with Gay on the short week and evaluate from there. We'll have 10 days to think it over and make a well thought out decision after Thursday.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Go with Gay on the short week and evaluate from there. We'll have 10 days to think it over and make a well thought out decision after Thursday.

Gay has done admirably for the first 3 weeks. Everyone has a bad performance every now and again. Let him start Thursday so we can see if it was a fluke.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay of course. Toler bites.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toler.........

Let Gay play nickel and what not until Flemming unseats him.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toler

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

If I don't go into knee-jerk mode, this probably makes the most sense. It wasn't pretty out there today and, in fact, reminded me a lot of the pre-season. Still, Gay's play the 1st 3 games was acceptable and he obviously beat everybody else on the bench out at some point. Let him take the field against the Rams and if he blows it then, try someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay should keep starting. He had a bad game without a doubt but he has done well up to this point. It is going to take more than this to unseat him.

Justo on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, it is nice to know the next guy is ready to step up if needed. Toler is coming off the injury but if I recall, his play plus PP made DRC expendable.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

If I don't go into knee-jerk mode, this probably makes the most sense. It wasn't pretty out there today and, in fact, reminded me a lot of the pre-season. Still, Gay's play the 1st 3 games was acceptable and he obviously beat everybody else on the bench out at some point. Let him take the field against the Rams and if he blows it then, try someone else.

If Thursday comes and goes and Horton/Whiz that Toler or Fleming give us a better chance to win, let's make the move but I'd like to see a more well thought out decision made than just "Gay sucked, let's bench him".

We won't even really have time to practice this week and let that factor in. Let's give it a week+.
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

If Thursday comes and goes and Horton/Whiz that Toler or Fleming give us a better chance to win, let's make the move but I'd like to see a more well thought out decision made than just "Gay sucked, let's bench him".

We won't even really have time to practice this week and let that factor in. Let's give it a week+.

Agreed. People have bad games.. we had a couple guys who were not themselves or had bad games. No reason to pull them and freak out.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Yeah, my response was poorly worded...obviously we would want to weigh our options not just blindly bench him. I should have taken more time to explain that. Looking at Khodders pass metric posts for weeks 2 & 3, it seems that Fleming might not be as close to Gay in terms of dependability as I had thought anyway. Admittedly, I do have Gay on a rather short leash simply because in the past he has done nothing for me...especially in regards to consistency. Reminds me a lot of Drayton Florence, a former Buffalo Bill who drove me nuts with his tendency to follow up a good play with either a blown coverage, a penalty, or a foolish attempt to ballhawk when he didn't have position.

It's also fair to take into account the short week to prep for the Rams. It will be more of a challenge to be ready for them because of it. On the other side of the coin though, the Rams also are not getting a lot of time to prepare for dealing with our D! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we still had aj

matthouston91 made it!
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay got abused, yes.

However, first 3 weeks he has been ok.

Toler was not superb by any means yesterday in the time he was out there.

I dont remember seeing Fleming at all.

If he gets torched this week and next, then bench, one bad game doesnt deserve that.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone looked like crap in the first half yesterday. Gay's play improved in the second half along with everybody else.

Benching him would be a hasty move, especially in favor of a guy trying to recover from a serious knee injury.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: