Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie MacKenzie has taken us backwards!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
but dude, why Change Hue? The players loved him.

Because right before we hired a GM, Hue said he wanted more power. No GM taking over a new team is gonna keep a HC who obviously wants more power, when the whole reason Reggie was brought in was to make the big decisions. You don't buy a new Corvette and then let the sales manager drive it before you have a chance to.

I don't have a problem with Hue being let go but why change the Scheme if we were gonna keep the same players on Offense that makes no sense

Spot on. Big changes have been needed for ten years now, unfortunately when the changes are made they bring short term pain, better to deal with them all now, than do them piecemeal, as the positive results will arise more rapidly

I don't like the scheme change, but GMs/coaches have certain schemes they prefer or specialize in or have had the most success with before. If Reggie is committed to Allen (which by all accounts he is), then they are going to find the scheme they wanted and build their team around it, knowing it will take time. It sucks, but thats the way it is.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
I guess and I'm just upset and angry at this point so I'm being blunt and brutal, but dude, why Change Hue? The players loved him. And I understand getting rid of Breshnahan, because we were even upset, but to chop a defense and expect results won't happen. I like the 4-3 more, but Rolando doesn't cut it. That swing td by peyton to decker was insane. He was blantantly on him, and just left him open.

The players love Hue? I doubt any of the defence loved him after he throw them under the bus at the end of the season. You can't whore yourself to the media and how great you are when winning and then blame your players when you start losing and expect them to love you.

P.S McClain wasn't on Decker for that TD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
I guess and I'm just upset and angry at this point so I'm being blunt and brutal, but dude, why Change Hue? The players loved him. And I understand getting rid of Breshnahan, because we were even upset, but to chop a defense and expect results won't happen. I like the 4-3 more, but Rolando doesn't cut it. That swing td by peyton to decker was insane. He was blantantly on him, and just left him open.

The players love Hue? I doubt any of the defence loved him after he throw them under the bus at the end of the season. You can't whore yourself to the media and how great you are when winning and then blame your players when you start losing and expect them to love you.

Also. Hue went off the deep end. How are people forgetting this. After Davis passed, his demeanor changed dramatically. He started acting like his ish didn't stink. He was aloof with the media and came off arrogant and out of control.

It's no surprise Jackson is coaching DBs in Cincy and couldn't land a OC job. Heck, he didn't even land a job on the offensive side of the ball!

Jackson went off the rails. There was no chance of retaining his job. His ego and power struggle made quick work of that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Dumbest thing about the endless dumb things in this thread is in the title itself.

Reggie McKenzie has taken us backwards.

No, really?
Hell yeah he did. And with good reason. There was no going forward with this impending disaster of a team. 2002 happened, and no rebuild ever happened.

The Raiders have been built for 30 years using duct tape and boogers and a plan drawn on a napkin.

* The Raiders have allowed scores on 52.2 percent of drives this season, compared to 35.6 percent last season.

* The Raiders' sacks are down to .75 per game from 2.44 per game last year.

* The opponents' completion percentage is up to 71.5 percent from 53.9 percent.

* Opponents' yards per game average is up to 411.5 from 387.6.

* Opponents' third-down conversation rate is up to 53.3 percent from 42 percent.

* Points per game allowed is up to 31.3 from 27.1.

* But perhaps most damning, in giving up 125 points, it is the most the Raiders have surrendered in the first four games of a season since before Davis came to Oakland in 1963.

Link
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/So-this-is-a-real-defense?blockID=782281&feedID=2801

Holy sh.................

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

Yeah man that was lance ball (who?) on that play. God rolando is garbage.

And to be honest I half expected hue to tell everyone that he had tiger blood.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Dumbest thing about the endless dumb things in this thread is in the title itself.

Reggie McKenzie has taken us backwards.

No, really?
Hell yeah he did. And with good reason. There was no going forward with this impending disaster of a team. 2002 happened, and no rebuild ever happened.

The Raiders have been built for 30 years using duct tape and boogers and a plan drawn on a napkin.

* The Raiders have allowed scores on 52.2 percent of drives this season, compared to 35.6 percent last season.

* The Raiders' sacks are down to .75 per game from 2.44 per game last year.

* The opponents' completion percentage is up to 71.5 percent from 53.9 percent.

* Opponents' yards per game average is up to 411.5 from 387.6.

* Opponents' third-down conversation rate is up to 53.3 percent from 42 percent.

* Points per game allowed is up to 31.3 from 27.1.

* But perhaps most damning, in giving up 125 points, it is the most the Raiders have surrendered in the first four games of a season since before Davis came to Oakland in 1963.

Link
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/So-this-is-a-real-defense?blockID=782281&feedID=2801

Comparing a full season against four games, while not taking into account the rash of injuries and severe lack of depth?

Skewed article is skewed.
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say Reggie McKenzie has taken us backwards is extremely premature. As much as I respected Al Davis, the reality is he has saddled us with big contracts to players like Richard Semour, Tommy Kelly, and several others. Reggie McKenzie has gutted the team of players who were me-first divas and/or didn't want to take a paycut. Reggie wants players who are willing to give 100% effort, heart, and commitment to the team. This team is in full-rebuild mode, it is gonna take a while to get to where we want to be as a team. This year I will not go into a game expecting to win easily as wins will come at a premium, the lack of depth is what really handcuffs us this year. At least Reggie McKenzie has a clear plan and I am 100% faithful to Reggie McKenzie for that.
TheTuckRule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile we're wasting away the best years of Lechler's and Janokowski's careers.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTuckRule wrote:
Meanwhile we're wasting away the best years of Lechler's and Janokowski's careers.

Kickers, no disrespect but on a decent team Lecher wouldn't even get much practise
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

Also. Hue went off the deep end. How are people forgetting this. After Davis passed, his demeanor changed dramatically. He started acting like his ish didn't stink. He was aloof with the media and came off arrogant and out of control.

It's no surprise Jackson is coaching DBs in Cincy and couldn't land a OC job. Heck, he didn't even land a job on the offensive side of the ball!

Jackson went off the rails. There was no chance of retaining his job. His ego and power struggle made quick work of that.

right on, talking about irish coffee and shish

threw his entire team under at the end of the season. all the right to be pissed off as the HC but just cant go about it like that. dug his own hole and now he is barely coaching.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
TheTuckRule wrote:

Kickers, no disrespect but on a decent team Lecher wouldn't even get much practise

shane has always earned his money here i dont think any other punter has punted more than shane since he was drafted.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

right on, talking about irish coffee and shish

threw his entire team under at the end of the season. all the right to be pissed off as the HC but just cant go about it like that. dug his own hole and now he is barely coaching.

ive always believed a team is a direct reflection of their coach.

-we look like a deer in headlights, inexperienced team. just like DA.
-with hue we were flashy but inconsistent and un disciplined. just like hue.
-with cable we were grimey, inconsistent and un disciplined. just like cable.

pick you poison......

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: