Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie MacKenzie has taken us backwards!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
I Really believe RM and DA are going to clean house very soon like i said a couple of weeks ago if this team is 1-6 it would not surprise me that Dmac is traded especially if a contending team loses their starting Running Back.

For a first round pick, I'm all over it.

PM sig requests.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

With out RGIII rushing for 252 the Redskins would not be in the top ten. But In the bottom ten in rushing there is the Packers,Colts,Browns,Titans, Bears,Saints and the Raiders
7 out of the 10 worst rushing teams are zone.

Were are you getting your teams from?

http://www.drafttek.com/teamother2012.html

They list the chiefs, Redskins, Dolphins, Seahawks, Texans and Vikings as using ZBS. That's 7 out of the top 10 that use a Zone blocking Scheme.

Another site here:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=646689

Has the chiefs, Redskins, Seahawks, Pats, Eagles and Texans as running ZBS and being in the top 10.

They disagree on who runs what
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RM and DA clean house i could see them drafting a franchise QB with the first pick in the draft.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
If RM and DA clean house i could see them drafting a franchise QB with the first pick in the draft.

Who would they draft?

Because the guys in this draft don't impress.

I'd rather have a pass rusher, ray Lewis type lb, or a corner.

And why in the blue hell is everyone freaking out about the RB position? Yes DMC is the best in the league so he doesn't fit the scheme. Ok we do what the cowboys did with hersel walker. And then we take a zone guy low in the draft save money, have production and start winning games. Honestly DMC hasn't played a full season in the nfl so why would you put all your money on the guy who may play 10 games?

Also can someone tell me what round Arian foster was drafted?
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Who would they draft?

Because the guys in this draft don't impress.

I'd rather have a pass rusher, ray Lewis type lb, or a corner.

And why in the blue hell is everyone freaking out about the RB position? Yes DMC is the best in the league so he doesn't fit the scheme. Ok we do what the cowboys did with hersel walker. And then we take a zone guy low in the draft save money, have production and start winning games. Honestly DMC hasn't played a full season in the nfl so why would you put all your money on the guy who may play 10 games?

Also can someone tell me what round Arian foster was drafted?

I don't know just saying cause outside of Palmer the other two guys stink
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer will probably retire as soon as the season over. His reason for retiring from Cincinnati was that you want to play on a winning team and this ant it.
RaidersJagsFan9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arian Foster went Undrafted out of Tennessee . We should trade our 3rd and a future pick for Ben Tate. While still keeping DMC and have a good two headed monster.

^^^^
Props to Pats9ers
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

With out RGIII rushing for 252 the Redskins would not be in the top ten. But In the bottom ten in rushing there is the Packers,Colts,Browns,Titans, Bears,Saints and the Raiders

They list the chiefs, Redskins, Dolphins, Seahawks, Texans and Vikings as using ZBS. That's 7 out of the top 10 that use a Zone blocking Scheme.

Another site here:

Has the chiefs, Redskins, Seahawks, Pats, Eagles and Texans as running ZBS and being in the top 10.

And? Hardly going to take your word on who runs what.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
When will people realize that Reggie's decision to Chang the offense to WC with Zone blocking is the reason the Raiders are taking a giant step backwards and causing a 3-5 year rebuilding period.
If he kept the offense the same all he would have to do is rebuild the defense.
Now he needs a whole new team.
Talk about righting the ship he's the one who sunk it.

Last year our PBS sucked without McFadden. Reggie could have put all his chips in the "lets assume McFadden can stay healthy" basket but that would have been really dumb.

last year bush almost got 1k yrds out of that sucky pbs. we'll be lucky if dmac can get half of that this year

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

Another site here:

And? Hardly going to take your word on who runs what.

I was talking about your post. The football guys disagree on who runs what.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol this forum is amazing. AL and Hue didn't leave RM really much to work with for his first year. Even if our offense was better the defense is a Walking disaster/Hot Mess we wouldn't win many games.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

ZBS is being known for being able to work well with fairly average(or less in-demand) running backs. The aim is that if McFadden gets injured the next man up will still be able to do a reasonable job, similar or even if McFadden leaves we'll easily be able to find a player in the later stages of the draft who can do well. By sticking with a PBS we are basically hoping McFadden stays healthy.

Maybe we should go get that easy to find RB that can do well in a ZBS right now because we're dead last in rushing with our star RB healthy. We also have our 2 backups healthy but they hardly ever get a carry. I guess we need some patience because we're still transitioning but the fact is we were never this bad at running the ball. At this rate, we won't even get 1000 yards rushing AS A TEAM. Do you realize how bad that is?

I think it's time to stop making excuses and see things for what they are. A gigantic failure all around so far. This team is playing awful football in every aspect of the game.

Sadly, this is the truth. Everyone wants to find a silver lining, but when you fail so badly, that's usually the case for fans. I find it funny that a good portion of this forum act like this is all apart of McKenzie's plan. As if they purposely hired Greg Knapp to coach this poorly.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
This team is awful.

But there is hope.

With all these loses, it presents a clear opportunity for McKenzie to clean house.
Every player making over 7 million a year should go.

Seymour
Kelly
Huff
McClain (unless we switch to a 3-4)
Palmer(unless he takes a pay cut and helps of develop a QBOTF)
McFadden(unless we switch schemes
DHB
Lechler

They all need to go and McKenzie needs to ace the next draft. He needs to hit on his first three picks and we need a big name free agent that is worth the money.

Its the only way, we need guys who fit the scheme or we need to change it. It would seem that changing the scheme would be more feasible but maybe he thinks the WCO is more sustainable(which may be true).

It's going to take time, and maybe die hards should take a step back. Because DA is currently not ready to roll with big time HC's yet.

We are not hopeless, but yes this season and next are already over in reality.

This.

And I would put a new OC at the top of my priority list as well. Even if we had players suited for the WCO/ZBS, Knapp is still not the guy I want calling plays. Its really amazing to me that this guy is still in the NFL. Worst play caller in the league.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

ZBS is being known for being able to work well with fairly average(or less in-demand) running backs. The aim is that if McFadden gets injured the next man up will still be able to do a reasonable job, similar or even if McFadden leaves we'll easily be able to find a player in the later stages of the draft who can do well. By sticking with a PBS we are basically hoping McFadden stays healthy.

Maybe we should go get that easy to find RB that can do well in a ZBS right now because we're dead last in rushing with our star RB healthy. We also have our 2 backups healthy but they hardly ever get a carry. I guess we need some patience because we're still transitioning but the fact is we were never this bad at running the ball. At this rate, we won't even get 1000 yards rushing AS A TEAM. Do you realize how bad that is?

I think it's time to stop making excuses and see things for what they are. A gigantic failure all around so far. This team is playing awful football in every aspect of the game.

Well your Oline needs to be able to block for your running back to do well, we haven't done that well enough. Don't think anyone ever claimed this team was playing anything but awful football. Confused
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTuckRule wrote:
I bet we'd be in a better position if we gave Hue Jackson absolute power. Maybe be a superbowl contender in 3 years.

Ummm, no. We'd be the same mediocre mess of a team hovering near the playoffs year in and year out. I'd explain exactly why I know this for certain, but it would take alot of my time and noone would bother thinking about it for more than 3 seconds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: