Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Apple II Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Finally was able to download the apps I wanted from Cydia. It took a while!

I now have:

SBSettings (with activator, so I can control next/previous song with volume buttons!)
NoNewsIsGoodNews (gets rid of newsstand)

Looking to add to this. What are some other good FREE cydia apps? (ipod 4g)

I think that's the only free app I have. Laughing

Bigify+($2)/Bigify(free)/Shrink($.99) - Changes the size of your app icons. Each one has different features, and it's user preference which one you'd need.
biteSMS (free, add supported; $7.99 for no ads) - Completely better texting app. QuickCompose/QuickReply are features that are really hard to go without once you start using them. First app I tried to download when I jailbroke yesterday.
CameraTweak($.99) - Adds a ton of features to the stock camera/video recording app; image quality, delays, burst photos, frame rate on videos.
FolderEnhancer($2.49) - Allows you to put as many apps in a folder as you want. Folders in folders, and other things like that.
Iconoclasm($3) - Change your springboard layout, add more rows, columns, create designs. I'm currently using a 5x7 layout on my iPhone instead of the stock 4x5.
iFile($4) - Root around in the iPhone directories right from the iPhone itself. I got this when it was a lot cheaper.
Infinidock($1.99) - Scrolling dock
IntelliscreenX($9.99) - Arguably the best jailbreak tweak ever. I'll just put up a link instead of explaining it. Link. I'm using the trial right now. Definitely buying it when it's up.
SBSettings(free) - Also have some toggles for it installed. Easy access to various settings that you change routinely.
Zephyr($4.99) - Redesign of the multitasking interface, using swipes to switch apps, dismiss apps and bring up the app tray.

^^ Those are everything I have installed right now.

Some other stuff I'm going to try out or that people might be interested in:
Springtomize($2.99) - Various customizations for your whole springboard
Nitrous($.99) - Speeds up apps that aren't stock apps (Chrome, Facebook, etc.) by letting them use the same Nitro Javascript engine that the stock apps use.
NCsettings(free) - SBSettings for your Notification Center. Not needed if your have Intelliscreen.
Bulletin($.99) - Puts your NC on your lock screen. Not needed if you have Intelliscreen.
SwipeSelection(free) - helps with editing text while you're typing. Instead of having to move your hand off your keyboard and press where you want to move to, you can swipe. Works similar for text selection as well.
MapsOpener(free) - Make Google Maps the default Maps app.
BrowserChooser(free) - Change your default web browser (for all you Chrome Lovers!)
Octopus Keyboard(free) - Jesture-based predictive text similar to what Blackberry just introduced video link
Quasar($9.99, iPad only) - Run apps side by side, resize them, etc.
Dashboard X($1.99) - Add widgets to homescreen

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stoked I finally was able to jailbreak my new iPhone 5, quick question - is there a free "bootlogo" app that is available, because I can't seem to find one.
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm stoked I finally was able to jailbreak my new iPhone 5, quick question - is there a free "bootlogo" app that is available, because I can't seem to find one.
It's not updated for iOS6 yet, but Animate (and you have to download the Animate Fix as well) will allow you to do that.

That'll probably be the only one any time soon.

- Best since day one -
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
It's not updated for iOS6 yet, but Animate (and you have to download the Animate Fix as well) will allow you to do that.

You're the man!

I know you listed some paid apps above, but what are you favorite themes, boot logos and notification free apps[if any at all]?
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

You're the man!

I know you listed some paid apps above, but what are you favorite themes, boot logos and notification free apps[if any at all]?

What I listed was pretty much everything I have. I got a couple other paid apps since then (Auxo is the only one that I didn't have listed as one I was going to try). The only theme I have is one for Intelliscreen X.

biteSMS is my favorite app and you can use it for free if you're okay with having ads on it. I'm using SwipeSelection, that's pretty nice and worth a download. I've got a calendar app for NC, but that's about it that way too.

Screen Extender is one I'll be checking out soon. It makes apps that haven't been updated for the iPhone 5 use the full screen.

I used to use themes and custom boot logos and all of that. I just stopped caring after a while. I'll see if I can find you some good ones though.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded Nitrous. Holy cow things go so much faster now. If you use Facebook a lot or switched to the Chrome browser, I would definitely suggest this.

- Best since day one -
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering scooping a MBP (or macbook air) I am absolutely not a techie by any means I don't try to be....but can someone help me out by elaborating on what exactly a solid state drive is?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Considering scooping a MBP (or macbook air) I am absolutely not a techie by any means I don't try to be....but can someone help me out by elaborating on what exactly a solid state drive is?

It is a form of memory that uses NAND gate technology. What makes it special is that as a result of that, there is no need for a moving component in the drive, as the typical hard drive has. Meaning that they are much less likely to break/get corrupted from some form of physical damage (aka dropping it). They're real fast too.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

It is a form of memory that uses NAND gate technology. What makes it special is that as a result of that, there is no need for a moving component in the drive, as the typical hard drive has. Meaning that they are much less likely to break/get corrupted from some form of physical damage (aka dropping it). They're real fast too.

Make it easier on him.

It's the same type of memory they use in USB drives, tablets, phones, iPods, etc. It's faster than other hard drives, but it costs more right now.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

In the most non-tech way possible, the difference between a HHD and a SSD is similar in many respects to the difference between the type of playback technology in a CD player and a MP3 player.

- Best since day one -
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn, did you download Dashboard X? If so, how do you like it?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

In the most non-tech way possible, the difference between a HHD and a SSD is similar in many respects to the difference between the type of playback technology in a CD player and a MP3 player.

I've actually thought about that comparison; its almost a perfect one. And thanks Drewby. I've noticed I tend to get too techy with the average person when attempting to explain things. Gotta work on that.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I've tried it out. Most of the stuff I wanted to use with it didn't work out how I wanted it to. Some of the apps aren't perfectly centered, and that kinda bothers me. You can turn off auto centering and center them yourself, but I couldn't get them perfect. Didn't try too awfully hard though, I'm sure you could if you wanted to.

If there's any specific ones you want me to check out, I can. Just let me know which ones.

The stock "Tap to Tweet Tap to Post" thing in Notification Center doesn't work as a widget. There's a Twitter widget built specifically for it that does though.

- Best since day one -
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I've tried it out. Most of the stuff I wanted to use with it didn't work out how I wanted it to. Some of the apps aren't perfectly centered, and that kinda bothers me. You can turn off auto centering and center them yourself, but I couldn't get them perfect. Didn't try too awfully hard though, I'm sure you could if you wanted to.

If there's any specific ones you want me to check out, I can. Just let me know which ones.

The stock "Tap to Tweet Tap to Post" thing in Notification Center doesn't work as a widget. There's a Twitter widget built specifically for it that does though.

I've been mainly interested in Dashboard X and IntelliscreenX - I know you said you used IX - is it worth the $9.99 price tag?
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I've been mainly interested in Dashboard X and IntelliscreenX - I know you said you used IX - is it worth the $9.99 price tag?
I meant the widgets for Dashboard X. I couldn't find any that I really liked, but it's a good program. If I could find a couple widgets I really like that work properly, I'd be using it.

There's a trial on ISX. I think it's worth it, but you might as well try it before buying. Might want to try LockInfo too, I used to use that one and it might be a better fit for what you might be looking for. I think there's a trial for that too.

- Best since day one -

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 45 of 100

Jump to: