Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/OLB Michael Buchanan, Illinois.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 2112
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: DE/OLB Michael Buchanan, Illinois. Reply with quote

Looked around and didn't see a thread for him. My apologies if there is one.



I like him as a prospect, but I don't watch NCAA enough to have confidence in my opinion. So I was hoping you guys can help out.

I was wondering what you guys think of him? How do you guys like his pass rush? How is he against the run? Best position and scheme? Where do you guys think he'll end up going?

Any information you guys can give me on him would be greatly appreciated.
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24350
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him a lot more than Mercilus. Better explosion off the ball and looks more fluid. I think he's a late first with potential to rise. I think to be a DE he'd need to bulk up a lot and I see OLB as his best fit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5313
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him sometimes and hate him other times. The last game against Penn State I pretty much didn't like him the whole game. It seems like he wasn't even trying. I don't know if he is a lazy guy or just lacks a killer instinct. I don't have the advantage of interviewing him so all I can do is go by film and he looks like he gives up to easy when and OT gets locked onto him. I think he's a little soft as well.

I know someone is going to get on my case about it just like with Mingo but people have to realize I am actually trying to like all these DEs. I'm going into every game I watch hoping this DE proves he has elite NFL ability. I want to like Mingo and I want to like Buchanan they just give me too many reasons not to like them.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7292
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated. Wouldn't touch him til the mid 3rd. At the least. Good athlete but zero consistency and strength. His selection will be based on potential.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7120
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started looking this guy up. How good do yall think he will be in a 3-4 scheme?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15366
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I just started looking this guy up. How good do yall think he will be in a 3-4 scheme?


Awesome. Has great flexibility in his hips and ability to drop into coverage.

Should be a natural transition
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2011
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just started looking this guy up. How good do yall think he will be in a 3-4 scheme?


Awesome. Has great flexibility in his hips and ability to drop into coverage.

Should be a natural transition
To 3-4 OLB? Where should he go? Because the Colts are without a second rounder, and is love if we got an OL in the first and OLB in the 3rd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7120
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just started looking this guy up. How good do yall think he will be in a 3-4 scheme?


Awesome. Has great flexibility in his hips and ability to drop into coverage.

Should be a natural transition
To 3-4 OLB? Where should he go? Because the Colts are without a second rounder, and is love if we got an OL in the first and OLB in the 3rd.


Its hard to determine who will go where. I'm thinking he will fall to middle 2nd round because of all the DE & OLB's coming out this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15366
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just started looking this guy up. How good do yall think he will be in a 3-4 scheme?


Awesome. Has great flexibility in his hips and ability to drop into coverage.

Should be a natural transition
To 3-4 OLB? Where should he go? Because the Colts are without a second rounder, and is love if we got an OL in the first and OLB in the 3rd.


Its hard to determine who will go where. I'm thinking he will fall to middle 2nd round because of all the DE & OLB's coming out this year.


I'm thinking at the end of the first round to a playoff team. He could shoot up draft boards with a great combine and such though. Dude is an athletic freak.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group