Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings, Cardinals, Bengals- Contender or Pretender?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals play the Vikings and the 49er's twice. That should help sort this out.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals have played weak teams again

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Cardinals play the Vikings and the 49er's twice. That should help sort this out.

Vikings are in the North?

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Bengals have played weak teams again

Yeah it's hard to say so far. Our defense has sucked but we haven't been healthy. Our passing game looks great but really struggling with our run game. It will be interesting to see how we play when we start hitting the tough part of our schedule

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals offense can keep playing like they have been then yes. But the D has to get healthier and better to have a shot. Injuries and player regression on D has taken it's toll (looking at you Rey Maualuga)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings have a brutal 2nd half of the season.

(Not in order)
Pack twice
Bears twice
Texans @ Houston
Jeff Fisher Rams @ St. Louis.
Seattle @ Seattle
And the Revenge seeking Lions

So even if the Vikings are playoff contenders it's going to really have to wash out in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm saying "no" the Vikings aren't truly contenders. If they had beaten the Colts and were 4-0 right now I think the odds would be alot greater..
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waremd wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

He worded that poorly, but the Vikes do play the Cards once this season. Week 7 I believe, in MN.

I will define a contender as a playoff team, after all, once you're in the playoffs anything is possible.

I think the Vikings schedule should allow them to win a lot of games over the next two months, but once December hits I expect them to hit a wall with their schedule and struggle. So the Vikings will appear to be a potential playoff team until December and then could lose a few and possibly lose out in a wild card berth.

I think the Bengals have a legit shot of being a playoff team, Andy Dalton is playing well and if there defense can get back up to speed, they should be fine. Ravens look stellar but the Steelers are probably a .500 team at best right now. I think the Bengals are probably one of the favorites to be a wild card team.

Arizona is difficult for me, I just dont see this success being sustained. Remember the Buffalo Bills last year? They started hot with good play from Fitzpatrick and quickly crumbled by midseason. I expect a similar regression for AZ, starting around week 6 or week 7 and I think the Vikes beat them in Minnesota. I also think the 49ers will be the division champs.

So yes for the Bengals, no for the Cardinals and maybe for the Vikings.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waremd wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I mean they play the Vikings. They play the 49er's twice.

Missed the period,sorry.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
waremd wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

He worded that poorly, but the Vikes do play the Cards once this season. Week 7 I believe, in MN.

I will define a contender as a playoff team, after all, once you're in the playoffs anything is possible.

I think the Vikings schedule should allow them to win a lot of games over the next two months, but once December hits I expect them to hit a wall with their schedule and struggle. So the Vikings will appear to be a potential playoff team until December and then could lose a few and possibly lose out in a wild card berth.

I think the Bengals have a legit shot of being a playoff team, Andy Dalton is playing well and if there defense can get back up to speed, they should be fine. Ravens look stellar but the Steelers are probably a .500 team at best right now. I think the Bengals are probably one of the favorites to be a wild card team.

Arizona is difficult for me, I just dont see this success being sustained. Remember the Buffalo Bills last year? They started hot with good play from Fitzpatrick and quickly crumbled by midseason. I expect a similar regression for AZ, starting around week 6 or week 7 and I think the Vikes beat them in Minnesota. I also think the 49ers will be the division champs.

Cardinals are 11-2 in their last 13 games. I don't think the Buffalo Bills were.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
waremd wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Hey how come you don't post your expert opinion that the Cardinals will have a top 5 draft pick every chance you get now?
You like to pimp up the Vikings like they are a good team all the time though.
While the Cardinals are beating the Patriots and the Eagles and teams like that and the Vikings are playing the Jacksonville, Colts and Lions of the league?

Last edited by #1CARDSFAN on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

khodder wrote:
The Bills team are a terrible comparison for this Cardinals team. Other than both started will with wins over the Patriots there is really no comparison. Arizona is built on defense with scheme, production and overall performance that is sustainable. The Bills last year's wins were built on scoring 36 PPG in their first 4 wins. That was 13 PPG better than what they put up over the course of the season. Over the last season, plus the start of this Arizona has averaged 20 PPG allowed, through 3 this season that is down at 13, that will normalize a little bit, but right now if the Arizona D allows our O to score 20 and win the game then we are in a great position.

I just hate people comparing what Arizona is doing now to what the Bills did last season, what the Bills did was completely unsustainable. What Arizona is doing now is very sustainable
That's what khodder had to say about the Bill's comparison in the Dolphin's GDT and I agree what the Cardinals do is sustainable. Obviously it would help if we could get a consistent offense going but our defense is enough to keep us in most games. The back half of our schedule is very tough (49ers twice, Packers, Falcons, @ Seahawks, Lions, Bears) so I expect us to regress record wise but a wild card spot, or even division title, is a very realistic possibility.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

khodder wrote:
The Bills team are a terrible comparison for this Cardinals team. Other than both started will with wins over the Patriots there is really no comparison. Arizona is built on defense with scheme, production and overall performance that is sustainable. The Bills last year's wins were built on scoring 36 PPG in their first 4 wins. That was 13 PPG better than what they put up over the course of the season. Over the last season, plus the start of this Arizona has averaged 20 PPG allowed, through 3 this season that is down at 13, that will normalize a little bit, but right now if the Arizona D allows our O to score 20 and win the game then we are in a great position.

I just hate people comparing what Arizona is doing now to what the Bills did last season, what the Bills did was completely unsustainable. What Arizona is doing now is very sustainable
That's what khodder had to say about the Bill's comparison in the Dolphin's GDT and I agree what the Cardinals do is sustainable. Obviously it would help if we could get a consistent offense going but our defense is enough to keep us in most games. The back half of our schedule is very tough (49ers twice, Packers, Falcons, @ Seahawks, Lions, Bears) so I expect us to regress record wise but a wild card spot, or even division title, is a very realistic possibility.

The Bills from last year? Who dreamed up that comparison? Someone that doesn't watch football obviously. If they crash like the Bills did it won't be for the same reasons.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota hasn't even hit on all cylinders yet.

I'll wait to call them contenders (ones who could win a championship this year) until we do that.

Until then, I'll just be happy with 10 wins. Wink

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
1_two_3_forte

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I like the nice little run the Vikings are having but we are nowhere near being contenders. I still don't expect more than 7-9 wins.

This.

I'm sure Vikings fans aren't feeling confident even after todays win.

They put up 20 points I believe.

14 of them had nothing to do with the offense.
Had they have contained the returns...Vikings would have had 6 offensive points. You can't rely on getting special teams touchdowns...every week.
norg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings are good to bad they play in a tough divison its earrrllyyy just wait till the winter comes in the Black n blue divison they will come back down to earth

Bengals .... Uhhh no

Cards are legit this year but i predict kolb will get hurt or stink it up and skelton will come back in and not miss a beat

u know who i think is a sleeper team St louis yup watch out 4 this team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: