Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Snap Count Totals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Snap Count Totals Reply with quote

Pretty interesting how things went and are evolving.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/10/1/3441706/redskins-snap-count-totals-vs-buccaneers-week-4
Quote:

Dejon Gomes went from 98% of the snaps last week, to 4% this week after poor showing vs CIN (which we knew in advance when Reed Doughty was announced the starter).
Leonard Hankerson went from 78% of snaps last week to 89% vs TAM.
Dezmon Briscoe only saw special teams vs TAM. Played 15 (20%) of offensive snaps last week.
Richard Crawford saw an increased role (40% last week, 63% this week)

73 plays for the Offense.
Ones that surprise me are that Moss was only in on 35 (48%) of the plays.
Morris in on 49 plays while Royster only was in on 15. Thought Royster would get in and involved in more plays than that.

60 plays for the Defense.
Seemed like Bowen was in on more than 43 of them. Thought he played closer to the full game than that. Cofield only 32.
And those wondering about Jenkins. He had 35 (58%) plays he was in on.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdskingm said that with Meriweather getting injured right before the game, the defensive coaches felt more comfortable starting him than starting Gomes. If Gomes has a week to prepare, they want him to be the starter but in such short notice they went with the vet, and I think they made the correct decision there. Our pass D seemed to be better than it was the previous two weeks. Doughty isn't the greatest coverage guy or the most athletic safety but he's a savvy vet who's a great tackler and he doesn't make mistakes on the field.

As for the DL rotation, it seems about right to me. They are going to continue to rotate guys in and out, even with Carriker's injury. I saw Baker and Golston get plenty of snaps as well. I don't expect any of our DL to play nearly all of the snaps.

With Crawford... Not shocking, he was the #4 CB, Cedric Griffin who was our nickle went down to his hamstring injury. it should not surprise anyone with the amount of snaps he's seeing. Crawford has been ok, he's had his ups and down, but I'm quite satisfied with what I'm seeing because he is a 7th round rookie after all and you can see the potential there for him to develop into a good cb for us in the future.

As for the amount of snaps our Wrs saw, it sounds about right to me. Morgan got a lot of playing time and had his best game of the season. Hankerson is getting more and more playing time as he gets healthier and healthier and as he is getting back into game shape, which is a great thing! It doesn't surprise me that Moss is only getting about 50% of the snaps, he's our #3/slot wr and those percentages are to be expected from a wr in that role, especially with Garçon back healthy and Morgan and Hank playing well.

Oh and Briscoe being inactive or barely getting to play is not shocking to me at all. I called that when we decided to keep him on our roster over some other guys. I didn't think he'd play much.

Royster is still battling a knee injury, so I expect that's why he isn't seeing too many snaps and Morris has been a beast, so no surprise there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: