Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Connor Barwin, where art thou?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
We really should give Barwin his props for his play today since we have been wanting to know where he has been the 1st 6 games.

He's still nowhere to be seen as far as I'm concerned. I wanna see how he plays after the bye week.

Well your concern is of no matter if it doesn't align with the facts. In the very least, statistically, Barwin had a great game today. He passed the eye test, too.

Why? Because of his sack that was more of a testament to Wade's excellent playcall? I'll give credit to his tipped balls and the fact that he played a good game today but 1 good game isn't enough to overcome his previous 6 week absence? So yeah, please show more Barwin.

You need to convey what exactly you mean from your posts better. I don't know how, "He is still nowhere to be seen" can possibly equate to, "yeah he had a good game but I need to see more". Say what you mean the first time.

My post seems pretty clear to me.

That's fine, but the rest of us can't read your damn mind.

You said one thing and you apparently intended something else. We accept that. You're wrong. Move on.

Guys, let's not get this heated over something so trivial.

He's had a couple of good games over the past two weeks, but I think he'll need to do this every week for the rest of the season if he wants to stay here past next season.

Sig by matthouston91
Marco79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro football focus had an article on ESPN insider so I can't post it but basically it is saying we need to get Merci on the field more. He had the highest pressure percentage (pressures/snaps) out of Reed, Barwin, and himself at 11.43% (Barwin is at 7.32% and Reed is at 8.06%). And 7 of Barwin's pressures have come in garbage time or when he was unblocked and 6 of Reed's pressure have come in garbage time or when he was unblocked.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Pro football focus had an article on ESPN insider so I can't post it but basically it is saying we need to get Merci on the field more. He had the highest pressure percentage (pressures/snaps) out of Reed, Barwin, and himself at 11.43% (Barwin is at 7.32% and Reed is at 8.06%). And 7 of Barwin's pressures have come in garbage time or when he was unblocked and 6 of Reed's pressure have come in garbage time or when he was unblocked.

Barwin has been terrible and the fact fans and the coaches try to justify it is ridiculous. Not sure what his problem is, but he is absolutely terrible, Reed is only SLIGHTLY better.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Barwin has been terrible and the fact fans and the coaches try to justify it is ridiculous. Not sure what his problem is, but he is absolutely terrible, Reed is only SLIGHTLY better.

Ya enough is enough, is passing situations with 1 on 1's and you cant beat the tackle once.

To be fair though their run d has been solid and Barwin was dropping into coverage especially against the Bears

I have a theory, I think Wade realizes the bigger goal, the playoffs/superbowl. This is why we havnt seen exotic blitzs or stunts, which we could break out against the Pats maybe cause stunting JJ would cause havoc for the opposing OL.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
Marco79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Totally agreed. They said that's the problem, they can't generate pressure 1 vs 1. Merci needs to get a start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: