Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Connor Barwin, where art thou?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw Connor floating around a some points last night, did anyone else see this?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea.
What about moving Reed to the strongside OLB spot and letting Barwin move Reed's weakside LB spot? Maybe Barwin can get going from the other side.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Barwin roaming on defense. I was thinking....maybe use Barwin on offense a little bit?

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
DreDay80

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I have an idea.
What about moving Reed to the strongside OLB spot and letting Barwin move Reed's weakside LB spot? Maybe Barwin can get going from the other side.

Why? Reed is having a pretty good season so far. He's the only other player applying some sort of consistent pressure to help out Watt.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
I have an idea.

Why? Reed is having a pretty good season so far. He's the only other player applying some sort of consistent pressure to help out Watt.

Or maybe we could find a way to get the guy who led the nation in sacks (16) and forced fumbles (9) last year on the field. Next man up doesn't always have to mean the next guy on the depth chart, especially when their names are Bradie James and Tim Dobbins. I refuse to believe that there aren't more than 8 snaps per game where Mercilus could be providing impact. Let's not forget that Wade Phillips kept running Bradie James out there at ILB every single week alongside scrubs and past their prime guys like Scott Shanle, Akin Ayodele, Zach Thomas, Keith Brooking. He had to get fired to get Sean Lee on the field and he is clearly their 2nd best player. This is a stubborn man, folks. If ever the ILB position were to be exposed it will be this week vs. Ray Rice.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I have an idea.

Entirely different assignments. The confusion would cause him to play even more hesitantly and slowly, and almost certainly give up more plays.

Not sure why everyone thinks all the LB positions are interchangeable. Each LB position has different assignments and techniques. It's a very rare player that can learn to play more than one position competently, let alone well.

Sig by matthouston91
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really should give Barwin his props for his play today since we have been wanting to know where he has been the 1st 6 games.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
We really should give Barwin his props for his play today since we have been wanting to know where he has been the 1st 6 games.

He's still nowhere to be seen as far as I'm concerned. I wanna see how he plays after the bye week.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

He's still nowhere to be seen as far as I'm concerned. I wanna see how he plays after the bye week.

Well your concern is of no matter if it doesn't align with the facts. In the very least, statistically, Barwin had a great game today. He passed the eye test, too.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Well your concern is of no matter if it doesn't align with the facts. In the very least, statistically, Barwin had a great game today. He passed the eye test, too.

If we're being honest, he was good against Green Bay, too, in terms of applying pressure. Just couldn't close.

The 610 guys brought up an interesting point about Barwin being the sort of guy who has to "get things rolling," so to speak. I hope the BYE week doesn't hurt whatever groove he seems to have found.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Why? Because of his sack that was more of a testament to Wade's excellent playcall? I'll give credit to his tipped balls and the fact that he played a good game today but 1 good game isn't enough to overcome his previous 6 week absence? So yeah, please show more Barwin.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Why? Because of his sack that was more of a testament to Wade's excellent playcall? I'll give credit to his tipped balls and the fact that he played a good game today but 1 good game isn't enough to overcome his previous 6 week absence? So yeah, please show more Barwin.

We werent saying this last year when it took him 5 games to get his 1st sack, not to mention of his 11 sacks 4 came against a horrible, rattled and young Blaine Gabbert.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

You need to convey what exactly you mean from your posts better. I don't know how, "He is still nowhere to be seen" can possibly equate to, "yeah he had a good game but I need to see more". Say what you mean the first time.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

You need to convey what exactly you mean from your posts better. I don't know how, "He is still nowhere to be seen" can possibly equate to, "yeah he had a good game but I need to see more". Say what you mean the first time.

My post seems pretty clear to me.
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

My post seems pretty clear to me.

That's fine, but the rest of us can't read your damn mind.

You said one thing and you apparently intended something else. We accept that. You're wrong. Move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: