Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Steve Hutchinson comes home.

The Titans are playing Seattle?

He played here longer.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Erin Henderson can suit up for us.

He's a nice piece to this defense.

I didn't watch the Titans yesterday. How bad were they?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

As bad as it gets in the NFL bad. But then again, they were going up against what is possibly the NFL's best team.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

As bad as it gets in the NFL bad. But then again, they were going up against what is possibly the NFL's best team.

I still cant find an explanation as to why Chris Johnson had a huge game against that Texans defense. I wasnt worried about CJ, but now I am a bit. His speed is something that every team needs to game plan to stop.
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to get crushed.
usdvikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a trap game to me. At least it's at home.

The Vikings are coming off their first NFC North win in quite a few games, so their spirits are probably pretty high. Hopefully they don't play down to Tennessee's level, which I could definitely see happening.

The one thing that gives me some confidence in the team is that they have been finishing games better than they were last year.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usdvikes wrote:
This seems like a trap game to me. At least it's at home.

The Vikings are coming off their first NFC North win in quite a few games, so their spirits are probably pretty high. Hopefully they don't play down to Tennessee's level, which I could definitely see happening.

The one thing that gives me some confidence in the team is that they have been finishing games better than they were last year.

Every game is a trap game for this team. We need to play close to 100% all the time to keep winning games. The Colts game proves that we are not good enough to win on quality alone, we need to play hard and good.

That said, home games should be good prey for this team.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deep passing game needs to take off in a hurry if we want to continue to be succesful. The Lions have said they gameplanned to take away Harvin and the short passing game, which they executed perfectly. Having their DE's take the outside rush more often than not. Which is what led to Avril knocking down that pass, Ponder leaving the pocket so often, and Peterson being able to take it up the middle with ease.

We saw what happened last year when without a deep threat. Teams were able to shut down our run game. The way we use Harvin is just an extension of the run game and teams will shut that down too. Going back to last year, we need to have that consistent threat over the top to keep teams honest. When you're afraid of Simpson on the go route or Rudolph down the seam, you can't stop Harvin and Peterson. Establishing the deep passing game is the key to keeping the wheels turning.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
The deep passing game needs to take off in a hurry if we want to continue to be succesful. The Lions have said they gameplanned to take away Harvin and the short passing game, which they executed perfectly. Having their DE's take the outside rush more often than not. Which is what led to Avril knocking down that pass, Ponder leaving the pocket so often, and Peterson being able to take it up the middle with ease.

We saw what happened last year when without a deep threat. Teams were able to shut down our run game. The way we use Harvin is just an extension of the run game and teams will shut that down too. Going back to last year, we need to have that consistent threat over the top to keep teams honest. When you're afraid of Simpson on the go route or Rudolph down the seam, you can't stop Harvin and Peterson. Establishing the deep passing game is the key to keeping the wheels turning.

I agree with this 100%.

Peppers90 on the sig.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

That's actually incorrect. We were fine up until Hass threw a pick 6 and it knocked the wind out of us. The defense held the Texans for a while, but Hass couldn't get anything going.

It was 14-7 at halftime, for people who don't know. Then the pick 6, then the offense couldn't do anything which resulted in the defense getting tired and unable to keep holding up.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

That's actually incorrect. We were fine up until Hass threw a pick 6 and it knocked the wind out of us. The defense held the Texans for a while, but Hass couldn't get anything going.

It was 14-7 at halftime, for people who don't know. Then the pick 6, then the offense couldn't do anything which resulted in the defense getting tired and unable to keep holding up.

I fail to see how any of that explanation shows what I said incorrect.

We're not that bad, it's just that the QB threw a pick 6, the offense couldn't do anything, and then the defense couldn't do anything. Laughing

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

We're not that bad, it's just that the QB threw a pick 6, the offense couldn't do anything, and then the defense couldn't do anything. Laughing

You said "as bad as gets in the NFL bad"

You must have missed 59-0. Laughing

It wasn't even the worst game that happened yesterday Laughing
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

What about that is difficult to understand? We competed fairly well in the first half, but eventually our backup QB's terribleness caught up to us. The defense held up reasonably well, but numerous stalled drives had them out on the field wayyy too often and they collapsed in the 2nd half. And Hasselbeck was directly responsible for 17 of Houston's points, so there's that.

That's not as bad as it gets. I think all Titans fans have seen how bad "as bad as it gets" is, and that definitely wasn't it. Laughing

If Hasselbeck plays, we're going to get destroyed. If Locker plays, we'll give you a better fight but I'm still loath to predict a win for this team. They don't deserve it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

It was all because of Hasselbeck. If Locker were playing it's a much different ballgame. I'm not saying we win, but I would almost guarantee you it would have been close til the end.

So, no, it wasn't "as bad as it can get in the NFL". It was all because of one player. The rest of the team was doing fine for the most part outside of Hass.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta think the Jets were as bad as it got this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 3 of 50

Jump to: