Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
Cool little interview I watched this morning with Frazier. He seems a lot more 'loose' and comfortable when he talks to the media now. Maybe he's finding his groove? I feel bad having been so hard on the guy more recently.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap1000000068987/Leslie-Frazier-on-NFL-AM

I cant imagine Frazier being very loose prior to this season, after coaching a 3 win team who most consider as irrelevant in 2012. Frazier has to feel good inside, and when you feel good, it will come out and make you look more favorable. The Vikings could go 4-8 here on out and I think most would consider the 2012 season a success (outside the organization anyway, im sure they are only thinking superbowl).

I would hesitate to think about things like that. We're in the hunt for the playoffs; let's enjoy it and not worry about what our final record might be.

Peppers90 on the sig.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV Map updated on page 1. Manning-Brady here.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Coming into last week's game with the Texans where he had 141 rushing yards, RB Chris Johnson had just 45 rushing yards on 33 carries this season. But he seemed to hit his stride against Houston, averaging 5.6 yards per attempt against a strong Texans defense. The Vikings, meanwhile, have surrendered just 91 rushing yards to opposing running backs the last two weeks on 30 attempts.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/172274031.html

The Texans weren't playing their attacking style defense when Johnson got the majority of his yards. They were dropping back trying not to give up the big pass play.

I'm not too worried about Johnson being "back"

False. Johnson had 17 carries for 86 yards while the score was still 7-14 and the game was very much in reach.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Titans LB Colin McCarthy practiced (limited) today... if he plays it will greatly help out the Titans D. He's a stud.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am anticipating another great game out of the defense, and the offense doing what it needs to do to maintain a lead.

I would like to see Adrian have another great day and get back into the endzone, and I want to see more 10+ yard passes.

I also just acquired Kyle Rudolph for my fantasy team Very Happy so here's hoping he also finds the endzone.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Coming into last week's game with the Texans where he had 141 rushing yards, RB Chris Johnson had just 45 rushing yards on 33 carries this season. But he seemed to hit his stride against Houston, averaging 5.6 yards per attempt against a strong Texans defense. The Vikings, meanwhile, have surrendered just 91 rushing yards to opposing running backs the last two weeks on 30 attempts.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/172274031.html

The Texans weren't playing their attacking style defense when Johnson got the majority of his yards. They were dropping back trying not to give up the big pass play.

I'm not too worried about Johnson being "back"

False. Johnson had 17 carries for 86 yards while the score was still 7-14 and the game was very much in reach.

Didn't say they were out of the game, said the Texans only had 6 guys in the box for a lot of the game. The talking heads have also said as much.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Kendall Wright worries me a bit too, he has a lot of receptions and he fits that slot receiver prototype. I expect Hasselbeck to throw underneath often, I dont see him taking too many shots down field.

From what I've heard, Wright has had a case of the dropsies this year. I expect us to use that to our advantage.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Percy Harvin to have a monster day. Maybe another kick return. 50+ receiving, another 25 rushing.

Lil Uno with the sig.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

It's time for you to break down and get the Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket. All the cool people (ME) have it!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
I am anticipating another great game out of the defense, and the offense doing what it needs to do to maintain a lead.

I would like to see Adrian have another great day and get back into the endzone, and I want to see more 10+ yard passes.

I also just acquired Kyle Rudolph for my fantasy team Very Happy so here's hoping he also finds the endzone.

I agree on all 3 points here. I just picked up Rudolph.

Really, we've been extremely efficient QB. We aren't turning the ball over, but we're not trying for 40 yards every play. It seems like we use our offense to eat up clock, gain momentum, and as for away games, hopefully we can keep the crowed quiet.

Not only that, but our long sustaining drives offense also seems like our best defense too at times. When you play Detroit, Chicago and Greenbay, the best way to beat them is to play hard ball defense, and don't give them as many oppurtunities to score.

BTW, does anyone have a preview for the game? I don't think NFL.com does them anymore...

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letroy Guion: ďWe donít change up too much of what we do when it comes to quarterbacks. But the one thing about a guy like Hasselbeck is that he gets the ball out so fast you donít have a lot of time to get to him. Younger guys read their progressions like theyíre taught. That takes time and gives us time to get to him. Hasselbeck has been around long enough that, whether heís got his play or not, heís getting rid of the ball quick. Itís tougher to get to guys like that because there isnít much they havenít seen and they get the ball out in a hurry."

http://min.scout.com/2/1227585.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

It's time for you to break down and get the Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket. All the cool people (ME) have it!

Wink

Maybe sometime in the future, but right now I'm actually looking at reducing the cost of my TV, not increasing it...I'm waiting for my Vizio Co-Star and then I'm dropping down to local channels only (I have U-Verse).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

living out in the plains of eastern Montana now, only a few miles from the ND border, i pretty much get every Viking game every week.

it's a treat!

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51, a TENN fan wrote:
I have a bad feeling this is going to be Adrian Peterson's 2012 coming out party....

I don't think we'll be beat by big plays much as far as throwing the ball, but Percy Harvin is having a heck of a year thus far. They also have Jerome Simpson back and Rudolph is living up to his potential. I'm really worried about just the possession game. If we can't move the ball offensively and keep our defense off the field, they are going to get worked. We've got to dink and dunk our way down the field and run the ball effectively to maintain time of possession and keep our defense fresh. I think we showed last week with Casey stepping up we can contain the run, not stop it, but definitely contain it and make stops on 3rd and 1 when we really need to.

I definitely think we can beat the Vikings. But it will take much more effort throughout 60+ minutes. We can't turn the ball over. The pick 6 was the dagger to any momentum we had last week. I think we've got a great game this Sunday, although the Vikings should win we can pull this one out if we play a perfect game and keep positive throughout. Need a leader to step up, I'm looking for McCarthy this week on defense.

Webmaster wrote:
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
living out in the plains of eastern Montana now, only a few miles from the ND border, i pretty much get every Viking game every week.

it's a treat!

So...you are CLOSE to civilization now?!? (Not that ND is civilized!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 9 of 50

Jump to: