Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The Titans have given up the following points in each of their games this year:

34, 38, 44, 38

hoochie momma.

I think we could make a forum game out of this concept. Wink
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The Titans have given up the following points in each of their games this year:

34, 38, 44, 38

hoochie momma.

Vikings won't score over 30. I think the Vikes win by two scores though

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Its kind of shocking that the Titans have gotten creamed in every game, outside of the Detroit one. I thought they were going to be a team that had the ability to push for a WC spot. What happened, it cant all be on the play of the QB and running game, can it? I thought they had a pretty good defense last year.

Offensive line, I've heard.

Offensive line explains the running game woes, but what explains the horrid defensive play?

I don't think they get a pass rush, and I think they have horrible safety play. I also don't think their linebacker corps are playing to their best abilities either.

The reason's for all the thinks is that I'm just not completely sure. A Titan fan will have to chime in

Your assessment is pretty accurate, as well as for the reasons ttitansfan mentioned. Jerry Gray has been doing a truly miserable job at DC, and Colin McCarthy, who already in his young career is proving to be the heart and soul of our defense, has been injured since week 1.

Still though, our defense would not be nearly as bad if not for our immense time of possession problem. Since our offense sucks so hard, our D is out there all game long. Come to think of it, in all 3 of our losses, the D has held strong for a while, then after repeated offensive failures and 3 and outs and turnovers, the D has caved. That shows lack of maturity in the defensive players (and of course terrible coaching) but a lot of the blame falls on how bad our offense has been, mostly due to the absence of a running game (but last week, entirely due to Matt Trashelbeck).

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming into last week's game with the Texans where he had 141 rushing yards, RB Chris Johnson had just 45 rushing yards on 33 carries this season. But he seemed to hit his stride against Houston, averaging 5.6 yards per attempt against a strong Texans defense. The Vikings, meanwhile, have surrendered just 91 rushing yards to opposing running backs the last two weeks on 30 attempts.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/172274031.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OLBs and DEs will have to play smart this week, if they give up contain on any given play, CJ is fast enough to hit a seam off tackle and break a long run.

MN needs to force CJ to be an inside the tackle runner.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The OLBs and DEs will have to play smart this week, if they give up contain on any given play, CJ is fast enough to hit a seam off tackle and break a long run.

Yep keep CJ between the tackle box, and I like our chances of bringing him down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Yep keep CJ between the tackle box, and I like our chances of bringing him down.

One-gap defences are generally designed to force the play to the outside. The key is going to be not allowing CJ to break containment.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Coming into last week's game with the Texans where he had 141 rushing yards, RB Chris Johnson had just 45 rushing yards on 33 carries this season. But he seemed to hit his stride against Houston, averaging 5.6 yards per attempt against a strong Texans defense. The Vikings, meanwhile, have surrendered just 91 rushing yards to opposing running backs the last two weeks on 30 attempts.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/172274031.html

The Texans weren't playing their attacking style defense when Johnson got the majority of his yards. They were dropping back trying not to give up the big pass play.

I'm not too worried about Johnson being "back"
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

One-gap defences are generally designed to force the play to the outside. The key is going to be not allowing CJ to break containment.

Might be better served to scheme differently this week and find a way to shut down those off tackle runs. Almost dare Johnson and the Titans interior line to win the game for them running inside.

Though, a quick scoring offense to start the game that forces the Titans to play from behind early is another efficient way to shut down the run.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally would be concerned with a receiver like Kenny Britt, however, with the way the defense contained the Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson connection, I think containing Britt shouldbt be a huge issue. They will probably give up the underneath stuff to him. Kendall Wright worries me a bit too, he has a lot of receptions and he fits that slot receiver prototype. I expect Hasselbeck to throw underneath often, I dont see him taking too many shots down field.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I expect Hasselbeck to throw underneath often, I dont see him taking too many shots down field.

He never had a strong arm to begin with, so the fact that he's older now makes going downfield even less likely. Hasselbeck has never really been a downfield passer, even when he had the likes of Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson to throw to.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool little interview I watched this morning with Frazier. He seems a lot more 'loose' and comfortable when he talks to the media now. Maybe he's finding his groove? I feel bad having been so hard on the guy more recently.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap1000000068987/Leslie-Frazier-on-NFL-AM
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Frazier needs to learn to look at the camera in front of him, not the monitor of the guys asking him questions.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the post game presser with Ponder after the Lions game.
He was saying about how few penaltys we had again, said like 2, and looked to someone in the vikings organization for an exactly number, and the guy couldnt give him the information and Ponder said, what do you even do? in a jokingly way.... got a chuckle from everyone there, always nice when your QB has some personality to him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
Cool little interview I watched this morning with Frazier. He seems a lot more 'loose' and comfortable when he talks to the media now. Maybe he's finding his groove? I feel bad having been so hard on the guy more recently.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap1000000068987/Leslie-Frazier-on-NFL-AM

I cant imagine Frazier being very loose prior to this season, after coaching a 3 win team who most consider as irrelevant in 2012. Frazier has to feel good inside, and when you feel good, it will come out and make you look more favorable. The Vikings could go 4-8 here on out and I think most would consider the 2012 season a success (outside the organization anyway, im sure they are only thinking superbowl).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 8 of 50

Jump to: