Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr LoveVikings wrote:
I would like to see us do the following in this game:
- Christian Ponder staying in the pocket longer and going through his reads when possible, instead of immediately rolling to his right so often (unless it is by design)

A lot of this, I heard, is more of the fault of the receivers not getting open. Ponder rolls out to buy more time for them to do so.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Its kind of shocking that the Titans have gotten creamed in every game, outside of the Detroit one. I thought they were going to be a team that had the ability to push for a WC spot. What happened, it cant all be on the play of the QB and running game, can it? I thought they had a pretty good defense last year.

Offensive line, I've heard.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Its kind of shocking that the Titans have gotten creamed in every game, outside of the Detroit one. I thought they were going to be a team that had the ability to push for a WC spot. What happened, it cant all be on the play of the QB and running game, can it? I thought they had a pretty good defense last year.

Offensive line explains the running game woes, but what explains the horrid defensive play?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be disappointed if the Vikings lose, which I don't expect.

I do expect them to actually have to try to score on offense this week, so we'll see how much better they are or are not....
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Offensive line explains the running game woes, but what explains the horrid defensive play?

I don't think they get a pass rush, and I think they have horrible safety play. I also don't think their linebacker corps are playing to their best abilities either.

The reason's for all the thinks is that I'm just not completely sure. A Titan fan will have to chime in

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:

Last edited by VikeADunn on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Dr LoveVikings wrote:
- Christian Ponder staying in the pocket longer and going through his reads when possible, instead of immediately rolling to his right so often (unless it is by design)

A lot of this, I heard, is more of the fault of the receivers not getting open. Ponder rolls out to buy more time for them to do so.

He just needs to stop rolling to the right. Most of the time it's unforced.

Webb actually has the same problem I've noticed.

Lil Uno with the sig.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Dr LoveVikings wrote:

As do all right handed quarterbacks.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Dr LoveVikings wrote:

All right handed quarterbacks struggle to stay in the pocket even when it's clean? I don't think so.

Lil Uno with the sig.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
If only big stats won football games.

Tell me, whats the most important, hell the only important stat a team can have?

No...

You know how you win games? By scoring more points then your opponent. So how many points you score and allow are also important. And how do those stats get there? Well teams gain yards on offense and stop offenses from gaining yards.

Thankyou for answering my question. lol

As we get further down, they dont tell whole story anymore. But these smaller stats all contribute to this "only important" stat. Stats dont tell the whole story, but you dont skip to the end of a book because it just matters if the hero lives or dies....[/quote]

and I agree with what you are saying. The small things will lead to a complete picture. and even though I already said I'd like to see our team dominate every phase of the game, I'll take a win no matter what.

So, If we can win a game 6-3, or win it 42-0, a win is a win.

You don't get the whole picture from stats as you said, but I wouldn't throw the Titans under the bus just because they haven't played well this year.

I don't think we should look at this game as a guarenteed win, rather, a "must" win. Thats where I'm getting at.

down but not out. I still believe!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Dr LoveVikings wrote:

All right handed quarterbacks struggle to stay in the pocket even when it's clean? I don't think so.

I think he meant when the pocket is breaking down/WRs aren't getting open, they feel more comfortable rolling out to their right to give the team more time. Because that QB is right handed, it's just naturally easier to roll to the right.

For a left handed QB, he'll more naturally roll to his left in a bad situation.

down but not out. I still believe!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I don't think they get a pass rush, and I think they have horrible safety play. I also don't think their linebacker corps are playing to their best abilities either.

The reason's for all the thinks is that I'm just not completely sure. A Titan fan will have to chime in

Our defense isn't great by any means but it's hard to have a solid defense when your on the field most of the game. The time of possession difference is really a joke. Our pass-rush is pretty bad(not as bad as last season) but we have yet to play a game with every starter healthy. Our leader/best defensive player Colin McCarthy hasn't played since Week 1 because he's been out with a high ankle sprain. Our safeties may well be the worst in the league. There's alot of young talent with McCarthy, McCourty, Verner, Ayers, Casey, Klig, Martin, Brown, and Morgan but Jerry Gray(our DC) has to be one of the worst DC's in the league. He literally makes no adjustments and the safeties play so damn far back it's ridiculous. Letting Finnegan walk and paying Griffin a big contract is by far one of the dumbest things our franchise has ever done.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see the Vikes complete a 40 yard pass this week. I dont think MN has any 40 yard pass plays yet, that i can recall.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see them score in every quarter.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i want to see them score in every quarter.

The Titans have given up the following points in each of their games this year:

34, 38, 44, 38

In those games they faced Brady, Rivers, Stafford, Hill and Schaub.

I wonder if the Vikes can atleast put up 30 points on the Titans. 3 TDs and 3 FG? Is that asking for too much?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The Titans have given up the following points in each of their games this year:

34, 38, 44, 38

hoochie momma.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 7 of 50

Jump to: