Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an important game in the sense that it should give us some insight regarding the Vikings potential.

If the Vikings beat the Titans convincingly and the offense has several TD drives, I think we can generally feel good about the Vikings chances of pushing for an above .500 record and possible playoff spot.

If the Vikings struggle to beat the Titans, by showing little on offense and cant dominate on defense, I think that will suggest this Vikings team is probably a 6-8 win team. Of course a loss would be further proof that the Vikings are just a 6-8 win team.

To me, this is a game a potential playoff team should dominate. Look at how some of the other potential playoff teams have handled the Titans in a convincing manner. The Lions were the only team that the titans were truly able to challenge and its obvious the Lions arent going to make he playoffs with how they are playing.

I will be pleased with a win, bottom line. However, if the Vikes can win by a TD and FG, or even multiple TDs, I will feel better about the Vikings potential this season.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network previews the game: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/NFL_Network_Playbook_Vikings_vs_Titans/5f1cd40d-ee0f-4a42-8960-d0f5948f01a7
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I think this is an important game in the sense that it should give us some insight regarding the Vikings potential.

If the Vikings beat the Titans convincingly and the offense has several TD drives, I think we can generally feel good about the Vikings chances of pushing for an above .500 record and possible playoff spot.

If the Vikings struggle to beat the Titans, by showing little on offense and cant dominate on defense, I think that will suggest this Vikings team is probably a 6-8 win team. Of course a loss would be further proof that the Vikings are just a 6-8 win team.

To me, this is a game a potential playoff team should dominate. Look at how some of the other potential playoff teams have handled the Titans in a convincing manner. The Lions were the only team that the titans were truly able to challenge and its obvious the Lions arent going to make he playoffs with how they are playing.

I will be pleased with a win, bottom line. However, if the Vikes can win by a TD and FG, or even multiple TDs, I will feel better about the Vikings potential this season.

I agree. HOWEVER, I wouldn't necessarily equate domination with a blowout. We can still dominate the game with a close final score.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i think Peterson is more likely to have a "big game" than Ponder is.

Completely agree. He's gonna be fired up. This could be his "I'm back" game, I can feel it.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I agree. HOWEVER, I wouldn't necessarily equate domination with a blowout. We can still dominate the game with a close final score.

yeah, that's well stated.

nor will we win the game in dominating fashion unless Musgrave is willing to put the pedal to the metal, he may not be. and may choose a conservative ball control grind out the clock kind of gameplan.

but... if Peterson can break free on a couple of long runs...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullivan: "We've won two games straight against good teams in the NFC, but at the same time if we go out and lose this weekend it's right back to being nothing. We have to go out and execute and keep the momentum going. I think we have good leadership, a good core group of guys, in terms of the players. And I think the coaching staff is doing a good job of conveying that message that we need to continue to go out there, and Sundays are a direct reflection of how we practice on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."

"I think every NFL offense is always a work in progress, so I don't know if you ever really get there. We just need to continue to improve. We didn't score any touchdowns last week, which is disappointing. We need to finish better in the red zone. It's not like we're not moving the ball, we just need to execute at the end of drives."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/172931521.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee ranks:
31st in yardage allowed (421.5 yards per game).
26th in sacks (six).
32nd in takeaways (two).
The Titans have allowed 151 points through four games, on pace to break the NFL record for most points allowed in a season.

The return of MLB Colin McCarthy should help. McCarthy missed 3 1/2 games because of an ankle injury. But big-play opportunities should be there for the Vikings.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/172977841.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see some big plays on offense and some well executed drives. I hope to see 400 yards total offense and 3 offensive TDs. That is the kind of output I think a playoff team should be able to put up against a defense like the Titans. Atleast it would give the offense some life and some hope for the next stretch of games, in which MN faces some pretty bad defenses. The Vikes need to start cranking out offensive production and I think think this is a game where MN can start to find its groove a bit more. The past two weeks werent really games that were right for the Vikings offense to really get going, but I think against the Titans, the Vikings can afford to take more chances.
coleman51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to a game with no injuries!

I'm not going to lie I'm very surprised the way the Vikings have played this season. Looking forward to a good matchup today.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck today, gents. Vikings will probably get a W today but hopefully we can show up and give you a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 3:25 start is messing me up.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My predictions for today:

Inactives: Sendejo, J. Wright, M. Raymond, S. Burton, M. Mitchell, M. Asper, MBT.

- Ponder will throw his first of the season INT today.

- Jerome Simpson will score his first TD as a Viking, on an 18 yards reception.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian Murphy ‏@bmurphPiPress

Blair Walsh buries warm-up kicks 55, 58 and 60 yards; 0-for-2 from 63. So Jason Elam and Tom Dempsey rest easy -- for now

Quote:
Dan Wiederer ‏@StribDW

Christian Ponder going through warm-ups right now. That right knee is bugging him.

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings ‏@VikingsFootball

#Vikings inactives: QB M. Bethel-Thompson, WR J. Wright, S A. Sendejo, S M. Raymond, LB M. Mitchell, OL M. Asper, & DE D. Reed.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about Ponder's knee, he will need to find ways to sit in the pocket and make good throws. Mobility will be limited.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With MBT inactive, there should be no question as to Ponder's knee. You would think if there was a concern, MBT would be active.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 14 of 50

Jump to: