Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game seems like a prototypical trap/letdown game. I still think the Vikes will win, but they are coming off two big wins and face a struggling team.

With that said, this is a game they need to take care of if they want a serious playoff push.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans have a TERRIBLE defence. Ponder will be able to exploit that and march down the field. Peterson's bad leg will be a little better (it's getting better every week-but he's still not 100%). Simpson will have had another practice, and can build off his good play against Detroit, as well). Rudolph will be involved a LOT more in the passing game (as will Peterson). All that passing success will, in turn, open up the running game for Peterson. He'll be breaking away for TDs for the first time this season (he'll be able to put more weight on his bad leg-AND he'll also have more room to operate than in previous games).

The Vikes will give up over 20 points, but they should score over 30.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a big win. Enough of these 3-10 point wins. Let Ponder rip it downfield early to Simpson and Harvin. See if he can be more than a "game manager" like people are starting to call him.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Nozizaki wrote:
Yeah, Hasselbeck worries me a bit. Still, Tennessee looks to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, and the game is at home. Nothing really going for them.

Chris Johnson had a huge game against Houston. He has struggled horribly this year, but his speed alone allows him to be a threat on any carry. Johnson has been bad, but i still respect his blazing speed.

Agreed. Most of the backs we've played well against were more power than speed. Probably the only team with a speed back we've faced? Indy. Hmmm...
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
I want a big win. Enough of these 3-10 point wins.

With this team in today's NFL, good luck.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulWall_23 wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:

I'd love to see this team really hit on all cylinders and see us stomp a team.

I'm thinking there is alot of motivation for Ponder in this game as well.

Shortly after the draft process, I saw a video of Ponder saying that he had a personal goal of outplaying all the other 1st round QBs of that draft. It was a small competition between the 4.

Maybe if Locker does play, It will only help Ponder?

I don't like seeing him being just a game manager. I want to see the Christian Ponder from week 3 making big time throws and plays, and not just dumping it off every chance he gets.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulWall_23 wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:

Looking across the league, 6/14 teams so far in Week 4 won by more than 10 points. Point being, not winning by more than 3-10 points isnt really a big deal since most teams are fairly evenly matched. Being this game is at home and its against the Titans (a bottom 5 team this year), I really would like to see a 10+ point win but it wont be concerned if it doesnt happen.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see us shut down CJ0K (hopefully i can trade him this week, sell high) and AD puts on a show on that terrible D
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I don't like seeing him being just a game manager. I want to see the Christian Ponder from week 3 making big time throws and plays, and not just dumping it off every chance he gets.

At first I agreed with this, but after listening to Coach Frazier's press conference and hearing other local media give their analysis, it made sense.

Peterson was much more effective this week 21 carries, 102 yards) than last week (25 carries, 86 yards). Why go away from what's working?! Sure we would've liked to score touchdowns rather than field goals, but that's really the only fault I saw in this offense.

Another day completing 61.5% of our passes, with no interceptions. We took shots down the field, but he was smart about it.

While we haven't had all our offensive weapons play well in one game, we've had standout performances in each game from different individuals. When taking care of the ball like we have, we don't need to rely on everyone to play well in order to have a chance.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said.. regardless of your wins you can't lose to Indy AND Tennessee in your first five games and expect to be taken seriously or even think about playoffs. These are the types of games where you have to take care of business.. if we do the same crap we didn't vs Indy we will be in trouble .. hopefully the leadership on this team reigns the youngsters in and reminds them that this team still isn't good enough to think they can just walk onto field and win. The Titans are going to be desperate to eight the proverbial ship.. its a perfect game for them to go back to the trick plays like what they used vs. Detroit. Hopefully vikes have a great week of practice and keep their heads straight
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice thing about the Detroit win is it gives the coaches plenty of game tape to show the team where they need to get better, yet they were still able to get a win. Use the tape as a way of reinforcing the idea that the team still needs a lot of work and can't afford to keep making some of the mistakes they've been making.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how they win...I just want them to win. While seeing them blow out the Titans would be nice, I don't expect that to happen. I'd just like to see them play solidly and come out with a victory.

If Hasselbeck starts, as I suspect he will, I think the Vikings will do okay. He's not the QB he used to be...especially after suffering all those back injuries he's had. They are supposedly a run-first team, but they haven't been able to run all season long with such a bad run-blocking line...and similar to the Vikings, they don't have anyone that scares me downfield.

I think it'll still be close, but I think the Vikings have enough confidence now to get it done and get the victory.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Steve Hutchinson comes home.

The Titans are playing Seattle?

Joe_is_the_best ^^
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big day for Rudolph hopefully. Titans give up the most fantasy points to opposing TEs.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Steve Hutchinson comes home.

The Titans are playing Seattle?

No, apparently they're playing the Dolphins, since Hutchinson is originally from Fort Lauderdale. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 2 of 50

Jump to: