Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders-Broncos GDT: Sun Sept 30 4:05 et
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raiders-Broncos
Raiders
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Broncos
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Raiders-Broncos GDT: Sun Sept 30 4:05 et Reply with quote

You guys ready to let the dogs out.

Its Bronco week. I cant wait for this game. We had a rough start but hopefully we get some momentum going from last weeks win.

Broncos have Peyton but have started 1-2

Hopefully we can get back to doing this to the broncos

Instead of

Wish i was able to go to the game. All those going make sure to bring one or two of these(beers of course)

Make sure to stay away from the Bronco girls. I know i know they seem so sweet and sexy. But trust me they are just to much to handle.

Come back home to a nice Raider girl(or girls) its better for all of us.

Yes any of them will do. Now for some football. Who will win and by how much? Who will put up stats and who wont?

VS

Game to be played at Invesco Field at Mile High(dont type just mile high when looking for pics of the stadium it tends to take you in an airplane if you know what i mean)

Kickoff at 4:05 ET
Winner could get into a tie for the West with a San Diego loss.

Just when things looked like they couldnt get any worse to start the season we are right back in it.
Lets just say that things are looking Up for Raider Nation.

K now who do you got? and why? and how? and by how much?

Hopefully it doesnt come down to this(sorry im reaching now but it was janikowski's 76 yard attempt, couldnt find a better pic)

Sigged by Jamison
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same keys for the most part as Steelers game.

-Run early and often.
-Don't give up on the run.
-Stop the run on D.
-CB's need to press WR, don't allow Manning to dink/dunk.
-Keep Manning uncormfortable. He has been sacked 6 times in their last two games which were losses.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Denver's game last week against Houston. The play action passes really killed them as did the stretch handoffs. Look for the Raiders to implement a similar game plan.

On offense, Manning is struggling with the deep pass. Houston and Atlanta both did a good job forcing him to go over the top by taking aways his quick hits.

In order for the Raiders to be successful, they HAVE to get after Manning who's been sacked 8 times in 3 games. You can't blitz Manning as that plays into his game, so front 4 pressure is key. Ramirez is a week link in the Oline, so they need to push him back.

Coverage has to play tighter. Make Manning beat them deep. He will hit on occasion, but the Raiders can't sit back and let him take the easy stuff he wants.

Key match ups:

Kelly vs. Ramirez - Kelly has been more mouth than action lately. He gets a nice matchup inside against their suspect RG. Has to beat him all day. Houston factors here on stunts as well.

Manning vs. Raiders thirdary - The Raiders secondary is more of a "thirdary" or tertiary they are that banged up right now. If Manning gets hot, it's over. They can't give these 10-12 yard cushions and expect to make plays. They have to play aggressive and Branch has to make plays at SS.

Raiders Oline vs. Denver front 7 - They are not a good run stopping unit and their DEs struggle setting the edge. Bodes well for the run game if the Raiders can execute. The bigger issues is pass pro. Miller and Dumerville are a handful for the best Oline's. Brisel has not impressed and you know Denver's DC will see that on film. RT Smith is making his second start.

Raiders D vs. Manning's no huddle - They have to be ready for it. Denver likes to run it and knows this defense isn't equipped to make plays on the fly.

Raiders win if:

They can play solid defense. That is a big IF. They've given up 35 and 31 in back to back weeks. You can't win on the road giving up that many points.

On offense, more of the same. Establish the run and set up play action. Denver is not Miami or Pitt on defense. The Raiders O can't go backwards and take a Knapp this week.

My prediction. Raiders lose. It's in Denver and I don't see the Raiders being able to stop Manning and the no huddle. They are too poor in the secondary and pass rushing.

They would need to force mistakes and turnovers again this week. You can't solely rely on that each week. At some stage, you have to play defense. This weeks got a 'Manning is back (again)' vibe all over it because of the Raiders poor secondary.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game will go similarly to the Steeler game. And by that I mean Manning lights us up for tons of yards, probably 2-3 TD's, but we keep their running game in check, cause turnovers and end up winning another close game.

I think the major key this week is to get pressure on Manning. Like said above me, hes been sacked aton lately. We need more pressure!!

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I think this game will go similarly to the Steeler game. And by that I mean Manning lights us up for tons of yards, probably 2-3 TD's, but we keep their running game in check, cause turnovers and end up winning another close game.

I think the major key this week is to get pressure on Manning. Like said above me, hes been sacked aton lately. We need more pressure!!

When I say pressure, it needs to come up the middle. That is where Denver is weakest. Beadles, Walton and Ramirez are soft inside. Manning is an all time great at getting the ball out quick. But pressuring in his face, up the middle doesn't allow him space to step up.

Also, he's not Roethlisberger. He's not elusive and hard to bring down. But the pressure has to be there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Palmer to play like he did in the second half. We should be able to run the ball on them. There defense isn't what a lot of people thought it would be. We just need to find a way to some how play defense. Manning has been floating a lot of passes so INT chances will be there for the DB'S just gotta take advantage of them.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
We need Palmer to play like he did in the second half. We should be able to run the ball on them. There defense isn't what a lot of people thought it would be. We just need to find a way to some how play defense. Manning has been floating a lot of passes so INT chances will be there for the DB'S just gotta take advantage of them.

This assuming the defense is even in position to make plays on them. They've been giving up a ton of space in zone. Steelers WRs were so open every pass play the only defense the Raiders had was hoping the either dropped the ball or Ben missed the throw.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

This assuming the defense is even in position to make plays on them. They've been giving up a ton of space in zone. Steelers WRs were so open every pass play the only defense the Raiders had was hoping the either dropped the ball or Ben missed the throw.

Right the key is to not give them space and press them at the line. Take a chance he can throw deep but more than likely the pass will float or our pass rush has more time to get there. Our pass rush is never going to get there if all his throws are 10 yards or less to WR's that are wide open.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Right the key is to not give them space and press them at the line. Take a chance he can throw deep but more than likely the pass will float or our pass rush has more time to get there. Our pass rush is never going to get there if all his throws are 10 yards or less to WR's that are wide open.

That's why solid cover CBs are important. We don't put the guys we have starting right now in press because we don't trust them, and rightfully so. The risk of them getting burned deep is too high. We're gonna keep playing off and try to keep the plays in front of our secondary to make the offense works its way downfield and hope they make enough mistakes along the way. We can't be agressive with our current CBs. It's gonna be another bend and hopefully don't break game.

On offense, if Palmer plays like he did in the 2nd half, we have a shot. Also, Dmac has had some of his most impressive games against the Broncos and it needs to continue this week. Like BP said, the Broncos have struggled against the stretch plays. We haven't had any success running those either. It's a good week to get that part of the offense rolling.
Whichever way, we need to sustain clock killing drives and limit the Broncos' offensive possessions.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

That's why solid cover CBs are important. We don't put the guys we have starting right now in press because we don't trust them, and rightfully so. The risk of them getting burned deep is too high. We're gonna keep playing off and try to keep the plays in front of our secondary to make the offense works its way downfield and hope they make enough mistakes along the way. We can't be agressive with our current CBs. It's gonna be another bend and hopefully don't break game.

On offense, if Palmer plays like he did in the 2nd half, we have a shot. Also, Dmac has had some of his most impressive games against the Broncos and it needs to continue this week. Like BP said, the Broncos have struggled against the stretch plays. We haven't had any success running those either. It's a good week to get that part of the offense rolling.
Whichever way, we need to sustain clock killing drives and limit the Broncos' offensive possessions.

I get the idea. However when we pressed last week, specifically Huff the passes were incomplete or broken up for the most part. Teams are more likely to make mistakes throwing deep than short. Manning is having some issues throwing deep. And we need to give our pass rush more time. I am really hoping we get Spencer back this week. If not Huff should be more comfortable this week, especially with the familarity with the receivers we are playing.
Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to take Manning down a couple of times in the first 10 plays. He needs to be hit hard and pissed off at his o-line for not protecting him.

This always rattles his cage and could help us.

I expect Seabass to have a big day for us. I also think our run game needs to step it up about 3 notches, and allow Carson to sling it with multiple TE and WR sets. Look for Reece to shine.

We win, but it will be close one.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Watched Denver's game last week against Houston. The play action passes really killed them as did the stretch handoffs. Look for the Raiders to implement a similar game plan.

On offense, Manning is struggling with the deep pass. Houston and Atlanta both did a good job forcing him to go over the top by taking aways his quick hits.

In order for the Raiders to be successful, they HAVE to get after Manning who's been sacked 8 times in 3 games. You can't blitz Manning as that plays into his game, so front 4 pressure is key. Ramirez is a week link in the Oline, so they need to push him back.

Coverage has to play tighter. Make Manning beat them deep. He will hit on occasion, but the Raiders can't sit back and let him take the easy stuff he wants.

Key match ups:

Kelly vs. Ramirez - Kelly has been more mouth than action lately. He gets a nice matchup inside against their suspect RG. Has to beat him all day. Houston factors here on stunts as well.

Manning vs. Raiders thirdary - The Raiders secondary is more of a "thirdary" or tertiary they are that banged up right now. If Manning gets hot, it's over. They can't give these 10-12 yard cushions and expect to make plays. They have to play aggressive and Branch has to make plays at SS.

Raiders Oline vs. Denver front 7 - They are not a good run stopping unit and their DEs struggle setting the edge. Bodes well for the run game if the Raiders can execute. The bigger issues is pass pro. Miller and Dumerville are a handful for the best Oline's. Brisel has not impressed and you know Denver's DC will see that on film. RT Smith is making his second start.

Raiders D vs. Manning's no huddle - They have to be ready for it. Denver likes to run it and knows this defense isn't equipped to make plays on the fly.

Raiders win if:

They can play solid defense. That is a big IF. They've given up 35 and 31 in back to back weeks. You can't win on the road giving up that many points.

On offense, more of the same. Establish the run and set up play action. Denver is not Miami or Pitt on defense. The Raiders O can't go backwards and take a Knapp this week.

My prediction. Raiders lose. It's in Denver and I don't see the Raiders being able to stop Manning and the no huddle. They are too poor in the secondary and pass rushing.

They would need to force mistakes and turnovers again this week. You can't solely rely on that each week. At some stage, you have to play defense. This weeks got a 'Manning is back (again)' vibe all over it because of the Raiders poor secondary.

Thats what im worried about. I dont know if Knapp is smart enough to do implement the stuff that worked.

If we can keep it close early i think we will have a chance. But i dont think we will be able to come from behind like last week. We need to get a pass rush early to keep Manning from getting in sync with his guys.

THey are also going to be without Joe Mays so hopefully we can take advantage of a slow Brooking. Do some counters to the outside or screen plays. Im not feeling confident yet about our team but last week made me feel a little bit better.

Have to go Homer. Raiders 24 Broncos 21. Easily could go the either way.

Sigged by Jamison
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

things im looking for:

-i hope we send some lb's on some blitzes. imo seems like rolo is our best option for a pass rush. i wanna see burris on some blitzes also.
-please stop dropping sho nasty in coverage if he is too slow to reach the qb how do you think he can run with a rb, te or god forbid a wr
-can dmac gash denver like he usually does
-can cp control the game like vrs pitt
-will the db's give the 10 yard cushions and allow peyton to abuse the zone im looking for huff to make a big play our db's need to get a pick
-can we win in the turnover department
-will st give us good field position to work with
-i hope with dhb out we will use the te's and reese more in the passing game

i think the pitt game was a good warm up for peyton. ben and peyton are both masters of the pocket and accurate but peyton doesnt have the deep ball like ben. expectations are higher after the pitt game. its like when you finally give a baby a taste of some real food they will never want baby food again. its a divisional game. rivalry week. i know what this team is capable of so we havta "just win baby"

lets raid denver then ride something into the sunset

hellllll yea

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
early43

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking for Reece and DMC being used a lot as a receiver this game. DEN has a patchwork LB crew at best, and none of them can cover DMC in the open field. I dont want Palmer messing with DEN corners.

Also, can we please see some screen passes Knapp??
backinblack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like stated above we need to play press man on the outside. Manning is money on the short passes but has had trouble this year on the long throws. In order for him to make long throws he needs to have more time and step up in the pocket. blitz up the gut and push his lineman into him and make him more to the left or right.
i think we should go to the no huddle to start with. Why let them dictate the pace of the game. call plays at line when CP can look over defense. Wear the small dline down and set up big plays later in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: