Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did we make a big mistake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
The mistake was Al Davis' mistake. You can't go into an offseason with 2 draft picks and no cap room. Yes, even though we got 3 compensatory selections, the fact is that we had only 2 of our own 7 draft picks. Wrap your head around that.
No GM or HC can make over a team without the means to do so. And that means money, or picks, or both.

This. Reggie inherited a terrible situation left over by somebody who wanted to win in one year. Season is in the crapper so we can get use to this. At this point we can only hope for 4-5 wins.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
The mistake was Al Davis' mistake. You can't go into an offseason with 2 draft picks and no cap room. Yes, even though we got 3 compensatory selections, the fact is that we had only 2 of our own 7 draft picks. Wrap your head around that.
No GM or HC can make over a team without the means to do so. And that means money, or picks, or both.

This. Reggie inherited a terrible situation left over by somebody who wanted to win in one year. Season is in the crapper so we can get use to this. At this point we can only hope for 4-5 wins.

Meh. He inherited a terrible defense and a good offense. Now the entire team is terrible.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
DA is a first time head coach. There WILL be growing pains. It's inevitable. There's no chance RM gets rid of "his guy" so early. That's not how you become successful in this league.

My biggest issue is the complete regression of the offense. I could definitely see Knapp getting sacked, but you never know with our new FO.

The best way to build is through the draft. FA is nice too, but unfortunately, we're cash strapped. RM has to do most of his work via draft. Defense has to be a giant focus.

I can see the GM being in hot water. He fired Hue so he can hired his own people and he got them.
He traded Murphy, now we are short on WRs
He signed 2 injury prone CBs and now we are short CB

These are big mistakes on his part. The Raiders GM and Coaches are in over there heads

I don't see happy times for anyone on the Raiders
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... Reggie is in the hot seat because some players he signed got injured and because he traded a mediocre WR(who was going to probably get cut)? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
So.... Reggie is in the hot seat because some players he signed got injured and because he traded a mediocre WR(who was going to probably get cut)? Laughing

And he hired DA and Knapp

Can tell me something he did right?
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I can see the GM being in hot water. He fired Hue so he can hired his own people and he got them.

These are big mistakes on his part. The Raiders GM and Coaches are in over there heads

Are we ignoring Reggie inheriting a mess of a roster? This team needed to take a step or two back in order to be able to move forward and compete in the next couple of years. It takes a couple of years to rebuild to truly move forward to be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. This way is better as opposed to haphazardly putting together a roster on a year to year basis hoping to win the division.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

How the hell is that wrong Laughing

DA has a bunch of trash to work with. Its not his fault Aaron Curry got injured, Its not his fault our CB's keep getting crippled, its not his fault the front 4 has gotten their asses handed to them every week.

The defense is a complete mess, we have no talent on that side of the ball and we can't win when we allow 30 PPG.

What has he done right?

-Drafted and picked up good young players in the offseason. Juron Criner has looked good, Rod Streader has looked good, Miles Burris has looked good, Marquett King looks like he's going to be our future punter. He got some good young prospects despite having very few(late) picks.

again its Week 4. Give Reggie a damn offseason with cap space and an actual draft so he can show what he can do

and on Greg Knapp, The ZBS takes time, be patient

fuarge
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read through the thread but, while I don't blame Allen for this debacle just yet, he is responsible for hiring Knapp (not Reggie, by the way). His defense hasn't exactly impressed me either although it definitely has taken a step forward.

Give them an offseason with a first round draft pick and some salary cap room. If there's still minimal progress after next season, make the move on Allen. Knapp probably sooner or just "relieved of playcalling duties".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
bitty wrote:

Are we ignoring Reggie inheriting a mess of a roster? This team needed to take a step or two back in order to be able to move forward and compete in the next couple of years. It takes a couple of years to rebuild to truly move forward to be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. This way is better as opposed to haphazardly putting together a roster on a year to year basis hoping to win the division.

Tell that to coaches that won right away

Bill Parcells
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz
And the list goes on and on
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
bitty wrote:

Bill Parcells
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz

Jim Schwartz???? did he not go 2-14 his first year?

he was coaching a mess(just like DA is)

they sucked his first year, they got high draft picks, and they hit on most of them. Thats what we're going to do, bring in some talent that can help us win games. We're going to rebuild, this is going to take time

fuarge
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
We're going to rebuild, this is going to take time

If we keep bringing in older players, it's gonna take some time indeed.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
bitty wrote:

Bill Parcells
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz

Gruden, Coughlin, and Schwartz didn't have a winning season in their first seasons.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
bitty wrote:

Bill Parcells
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz

Gruden, Coughlin, and Schwartz didn't have a winning season in their first seasons.

I was talking about how a coach can improve a team right away.
Not having to take a step backwards
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
bitty wrote:

Bill Parcells
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz

I was talking about how a coach can improve a team right away.
Not having to take a step backwards

Easy to improve on a 3/4 win team when you've plenty of high draft picks and money, or even a zero win team. Pretty confident Dennis Allen will win more than 3-4 games this year.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
bitty wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

How the hell is that wrong Laughing

DA has a bunch of trash to work with. Its not his fault Aaron Curry got injured, Its not his fault our CB's keep getting crippled, its not his fault the front 4 has gotten their asses handed to them every week.

The defense is a complete mess, we have no talent on that side of the ball and we can't win when we allow 30 PPG.

What has he done right?

-Drafted and picked up good young players in the offseason. Juron Criner has looked good, Rod Streader has looked good, Miles Burris has looked good, Marquett King looks like he's going to be our future punter. He got some good young prospects despite having very few(late) picks.

again its Week 4. Give Reggie a damn offseason with cap space and an actual draft so he can show what he can do

and on Greg Knapp, The ZBS takes time, be patient

DA got a team that was 8-8 with a top running game.
The Offense has good young players at the O-line,RB,WRs. He brings in Knapp and the zone blocking and
Now the team is in last place in the NFL running the ball.

He signed CBs who where on IR last year and he's surprised they got hurt? What was the back up plan did he even have one? Why are the Raiders 6 million under the cap you can' t use it next year.
No way a Knapp gets hired without the GM saying OK.

These are big time mistakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: