Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McElroy time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J!E!T!S!rock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: McElroy time Reply with quote

I really want to see what this kid has. He has looked good in preseason, he's been learning on the side the last few years and he can take a hit. Tebow is not the answer. I hate all the talk about everyone calling for Tebow by week 5 is coming true. Tebow is garbage and is not the answer. So I say give McElroy a shot and see what he can do I think he can be a good QB.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%. McElroy should get a shot but I don't see that happening until week 10 or later if the jets tank bad.
x0x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't you give Tebow 4-5 games to work with?

Why the hell not?

As noted, McElroy will probably get his shot if Tebow fails miserably like you assume.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing short of having one of the top tier quarterbacks would make the Jets any better than they've been performing lately on offense. It's a comprehensively awful performance on offense.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with his popcorn arm
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Nothing short of having one of the top tier quarterbacks would make the Jets any better than they've been performing lately on offense. It's a comprehensively awful performance on offense.
Agreed. We have so many positions where we have no skilled players that are capable of being a legit difference maker.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Which is why Mark Sanchez won't be benched until he loses his confidence, which actually could realistically happen at this point--though it won't be because of Tebow.

You can't continually do something without success and have a positive attitude. And once you lose that battle, it's all over. It's nearly impossible to get that confidence back.

His career stands upon the edge of a knife and that knife is already sinking in. All it's going to take is someone to turn that knife in Sanchez and his career as a starter in the NFL is over.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Davey wrote:

Which is why Mark Sanchez won't be benched until he loses his confidence, which actually could realistically happen at this point--though it won't be because of Tebow.

You can't continually do something without success and have a positive attitude. And once you lose that battle, it's all over. It's nearly impossible to get that confidence back.

His career stands upon the edge of a knife and that knife is already sinking in. All it's going to take is someone to turn that knife in Sanchez and his career as a starter in the NFL is over.

That would be the Texans next monday. Honestly I feel bad for Sanchez, he just isn't a good QB. McElroy can throw, and Tebow can run, either one of them is leagues better than Sanchez.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: