Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suck for Barkley starts today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETS2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Sanchez functions when everything else around him is working. That's not the sign of a great quarterback, but a player we can win with.

Do I want to settle for that? No, I don't. But at the same time I think this team has so many needs right now that a quarterback won't be a priority and really shouldn't be, unless we're looking at a whole new regime change next year and all the changes that come with that.

maybe he can be Alex Smith with a new regime. not too far fetched.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I know it's early but I'm on the Geno Smith bandwagon. A three year starter playing for a ranked school making over 80% of his passes. Not bad.

I'm a WVU alumni. I've seen Geno play a lot. He's got a lot of talent and potential, but he's not Robert Griffin III. He plays in an offense with a ton of weapons, outstanding coaching, and is pretty simple when it comes right down to it.

The potential is there. He's been relatively clean off-the-field, but I'm not sure about his football IQ in an NFL offense. We shall see. He's definitely worth a first round pick, but he's not RGIII and that's important to remember.

Glad to see you back, Spiel.

I understand that Geno is no RG3 or Cam, but he is still a potential franchise QB. In what is a weak QB class, I think he is the best of the bunch.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better not draft Bark. I will be pissed.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
We better not draft Bark. I will be pissed.

THIS
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I know it's early but I'm on the Geno Smith bandwagon. A three year starter playing for a ranked school making over 80% of his passes. Not bad.

I'm a WVU alumni. I've seen Geno play a lot. He's got a lot of talent and potential, but he's not Robert Griffin III. He plays in an offense with a ton of weapons, outstanding coaching, and is pretty simple when it comes right down to it.

The potential is there. He's been relatively clean off-the-field, but I'm not sure about his football IQ in an NFL offense. We shall see. He's definitely worth a first round pick, but he's not RGIII and that's important to remember.

I understand that Geno is no RG3 or Cam, but he is still a potential franchise QB. In what is a weak QB class, I think he is the best of the bunch.

Were in the same boat watching this years QB class with a close eye but the only thing Newton-RG3-Geno have in common are the color of there skin..

If Thomas, Bray and Murray declare this draft class is very strong.. Logan Thomas is surefire guaranteed 1st rounder based on size and arm strength.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Were in the same boat watching this years QB class with a close eye but the only thing Newton-RG3-Geno have in common are the color of there skin..

If Thomas, Bray and Murray declare this draft class is very strong.. Logan Thomas is surefire guaranteed 1st rounder based on size and arm strength.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Sanchez functions when everything else around him is working. That's not the sign of a great quarterback, but a player we can win with.

Do I want to settle for that? No, I don't. But at the same time I think this team has so many needs right now that a quarterback won't be a priority and really shouldn't be, unless we're looking at a whole new regime change next year and all the changes that come with that.

Please don't give me hope.

The 49ers are everything we were and everything we want to be. I could see Sanchez being an Alex Smith type, but it would definitely take a better QB coach and a lot of hardwork from Sanchez. A LOT.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Yeah yesterdays game was awesome but almost every target he hit was wide open. Im really not sure if im honestly crazy about any QB in this class. Ugh the Jets QB situation is such a mess.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
Davey wrote:

The 49ers are everything we were and everything we want to be. I could see Sanchez being an Alex Smith type, but it would definitely take a better QB coach and a lot of hardwork from Sanchez. A LOT.

All of this. Shut down defense, play smart QB, and real running game. Everything Rex has been dreaming about.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
Davey wrote:

All of this. Shut down defense, play smart QB, and real running game. Everything Rex has been dreaming about.

Well if its a smart QB we need than Sanchez doesn't exactly fit that bill either. His in game awareness is terrible. We just need to move on after we finish 5-11 this year. Might have to bring in a veteran for the time being, but just change it up. Mark just blows.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez works best on a team with a stout defense and legit running game like San Francisco and Baltimore

We dont have that and we're not going to have it for a while

We need to start over and take 2 years to rebuild this entire team

Keep

Mangold
Ferguson
Ducasse
Slauson
Howard
Conner
Powell
McKnight
Kerley
Hill

Revis
Coples
Wilkerson
Ellis
Pouha
Davis
Harris
Maybin
McIntyre
Mauga
Sapp
Wilson
Lankster
Landry
Bell
Bush

Malone
Purdum

everyone else can go

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Sanchez works best on a team with a stout defense and legit running game like San Francisco and Baltimore

We dont have that and we're not going to have it for a while

We need to start over and take 2 years to rebuild this entire team

Keep

Mangold
Ferguson
Ducasse
Slauson
Howard
Conner
Powell
McKnight
Kerley
Hill

Revis
Coples
Wilkerson
Ellis
Pouha
Davis
Harris
Maybin
McIntyre
Mauga
Sapp
Wilson
Lankster
Landry
Bell
Bush

Malone
Purdum

everyone else can go

You named quite a few players there that I would happily part with.

Ducasse, Slauson, Howard, Conner, Powell, Maybin, and Lankster would all be on my list as well. Quite a few of the others would be questionable too. In all honesty the only players right now I'd even remotely consider keeping are Mangold and Revis. In David Harris has looked a step slow this year.
jpt331

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene Smith please

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person not on the Geno Smith bandwagon (yet)? He has a pretty long wind up and plays in a spread offense. He looks like a decent prospect but has a lot to work on also I am not sure about his arm strength.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Sanchez era is over, than I hope the Jets don't take any risks with the next first rounder's development. I want him to sit for at least one, probably two years and bring in a veteran to play while the first rounder gets up to speed and the pieces are put in place. Someone like Kyle Orton, maybe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: