Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the starting safeties going forward?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which duo gives the Pats the best chance to win?
Chung and Gregory
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Chung and Wilson
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Wilson and Gregory
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Wilson and Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wilson and Ebner
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Ebner and Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ebner and Chung
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ebner and Gregory
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chung and Moore
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
other [specify]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Who should be the starting safeties going forward? Reply with quote

Clearly that's the weak link in this defense [you can talk about Rob Ninkovich all you want, but he actually came to play against Buffalo, unlike Chung and Gregory].

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebner and a clone of Ebner.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung and Wilson, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see more Wilson. He doesn't look like a game changer, but I don't think he'll struggle as much in coverage. They really need to rebuild the position this offseason, starting by letting Chung walk. William Moore is a guy I liked since he came out of Missouri, and he's having a nice season for the Falcons; I'd be interested in bringing him in to replace Chung. Jarius Byrd would be an interesting guy too, and of course, Ed Reed, if he doesn't retire and the Ravens don't do everything in their power to retain him, would probably be worth pursuing, even at 34.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:

Ebner, as much as I love him, gave up that seam route in a cover 3 late in the game.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Ebner, as much as I love him, gave up that seam route in a cover 3 late in the game.

He did, but he's basically learning to play football on the fly. His time won't come for another year or two.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Sciz wrote:

He did, but he's basically learning to play football on the fly. His time won't come for another year or two.

Agreed.
terbo559

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Slater and Julian Edelman
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Gregory and WIlson. I really like Wilson and I dont think Gregory makes as many errors in passing game chung does.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
I said Gregory and WIlson. I really like Wilson and I dont think Gregory makes as many errors in passing game chung does.

Chung might not be good in coverage, but Gregory take's bad angles and is not good in coverage at all. Atleast with chung it is very rare that he wont be in the right spot or miss a tackle.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung is good against the run, and since Wilson has played mostly in passing situations, I guess Chung should continue to start at SS. I would like to see Chung and Wilson
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any veteran safeties left on the market? I just don't see why BB wouldn't bring in a veteran presence somewhere on the back end of this defense. Any veteran S on a team that could be traded? I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off a "Jarrad Page" like they did a few seasons back.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as low on Chung as many of you seem to be. While he did have a horrid angle on that TD reception, he was one of the best players on the field in the past Super Bowl (people seem to forget that) and overall he's been relatively solid this season. The TD by Jones is the first that I'd call him primarily responsible for.

Before the Bills game, teams had a 39.6 QB rating throwing into his coverage. I think that more of his perceived issues are due to the fact that his corners are Kyle Arrington and Sterling Moore for the most part, neither of whom are that good. Gregory, I've seen, has a tendency to help McCourty on most plays, while Chung has to babysit the others. Sometimes he takes mediocre angles, but which safety doesn't, really?

I just keep flashing back to the Super Bowl where for three and three quarter-quarters, he was the best player on our defense, and I want to believe in him. I still do, apparently more than the rest of you.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
I'd like to see more Wilson. He doesn't look like a game changer, but I don't think he'll struggle as much in coverage. They really need to rebuild the position this offseason, starting by letting Chung walk. William Moore is a guy I liked since he came out of Missouri, and he's having a nice season for the Falcons; I'd be interested in bringing him in to replace Chung. Jarius Byrd would be an interesting guy too, and of course, Ed Reed, if he doesn't retire and the Ravens don't do everything in their power to retain him, would probably be worth pursuing, even at 34.

I don't know if I want rees at this point. He's an obvious upgrade but he'd cost too much to leave Baltimore, is aging and always dinged up and with One foot out the door to retirement.

I'd rather get a young athletic safety and stick with him. Still not sold Chung is that guy. Neither obviously Wilson gregory or ebner though they are certainly better than last year.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way will Reed leave Baltimore, he stays as a Raven or retires as a Raven.

I'm liking Chung too, as is Rab, never really stands out as doing something horrible but can come in and make an impact play, whether its a TFL, INT, or a big hit.

Yes he got beaten by Chandler against the Bills, but the 8" difference really played a part in that.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: