Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Game Ball?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the game?
Patrick Willis
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Aldon Smith
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Dashon Goldson
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Colin Kaepernick
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Mario Manningham
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson for sure. The hits he delivers can set the tone for the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I really thought about it, I chose Manningham. I still think Mario could have been, but I might have voted Aldon Smith otherwise...

I honestly thought (and still do) that Manningham was the best FA signing we had in this offseason. So much attention was given to the fact we signed Moss, but thus far Mario is proving to be the more consistent playmaker. I know I will be blasted by the Moss lovers though...oh well.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Before I really thought about it, I chose Manningham. I still think Mario could have been, but I might have voted Aldon Smith otherwise...

I honestly thought (and still do) that Manningham was the best FA signing we had in this offseason. So much attention was given to the fact we signed Moss, but thus far Mario is proving to be the more consistent playmaker. I know I will be blasted by the Moss lovers though...oh well.
Moss is a good signing if we actually see what he can do. We haven't even really used him yet so that's still up in the air for me.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
mrscottso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson for me. Although our D as a whole was great yesterday.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vote is for aldon. although he had that big penalty, he was a force yesterday and showed he can even souplex a player!!

Also give a big hand to Kaep for showing everyone how a back up really looks when they come in
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be the online. 233 rushing yards. Next up I would have to go with Aldon and then Mario M.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really wanted to go with Aldon, but the penalty(had this been a close game would have been HUGE) and the fact that he got embarrassed twice by Tebow, I had to pick someone else. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aldon, but the negatives outweighed the positives for me. That's all I'm going to say about that.

On the other side of this coin, it makes it really, really hard to pick someone now. Loved what Mario did on that reverse. Goldson with that hit. Willis with the ball awareness for the interception. Colin making a rushing TD look easy.

I think I'm going to go with Mario, but it's really close. With all the talk about not having chemistry with Alex and all that, we could be witnessing a turning of a corner. I think he was the best tangible pickup. I know a lot of people want to see more Moss down field, but he does so much that doesn't show up on stats. Triple coverage. When's the last time we had a guy that demanded triple coverage? That doesn't just open up an offense, it explodes. That's why you see Stafford spread the ball around so much to other receivers. Because he can.

A little worried about Alex, though. The last two games have been.....odd. He's back to overthrowing open receivers. That worries me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I really, really wanted to go with Aldon, but the penalty(had this been a close game would have been HUGE) and the fact that he got embarrassed twice by Tebow, I had to pick someone else. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aldon, but the negatives outweighed the positives for me. That's all I'm going to say about that.

On the other side of this coin, it makes it really, really hard to pick someone now. Loved what Mario did on that reverse. Goldson with that hit. Willis with the ball awareness for the interception. Colin making a rushing TD look easy.

I think I'm going to go with Mario, but it's really close. With all the talk about not having chemistry with Alex and all that, we could be witnessing a turning of a corner. I think he was the best tangible pickup. I know a lot of people want to see more Moss down field, but he does so much that doesn't show up on stats. Triple coverage. When's the last time we had a guy that demanded triple coverage? That doesn't just open up an offense, it explodes. That's why you see Stafford spread the ball around so much to other receivers. Because he can.

A little worried about Alex, though. The last two games have been.....odd. He's back to overthrowing open receivers. That worries me.

We have to start hitting those plays downfield. He really struggles throwing with those downfield throws...they seem to go out of bounds or overthrown. He does will with deep throws with his TE's for whatever reason though.

I also find it odd that when we want a deep shot to Moss, we don't ask Alex to make that throw but instead we bring in our backup....
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:

We have to start hitting those plays downfield. He really struggles throwing with those downfield throws...they seem to go out of bounds or overthrown. He does will with deep throws with his TE's for whatever reason though.

I also find it odd that when we want a deep shot to Moss, we don't ask Alex to make that throw but instead we bring in our backup....
Even though it was incomplete, opponents will see that play when they study film and have to respect that Kaep could throw it, and throw it deep. If every time he came in we ran a QB Kaeper teams would start to key on that and it would become ineffective.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Even though it was incomplete, opponents will see that play when they study film and have to respect that Kaep could throw it, and throw it deep. If every time he came in we ran a QB Kaeper teams would start to key on that and it would become ineffective.

I don't know about that. If Kaep has proven anything, it's that you have to beat him at the pass AND the run. Context is everything, though. 3rd and long versus 4th and goal have very different implications to a defense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:

I don't know about that. If Kaep has proven anything, it's that you have to beat him at the pass AND the run. Context is everything, though. 3rd and long versus 4th and goal have very different implications to a defense.
Of course, but in that situation there was no situational implication to run or pass and I guarantee that everybody here guessed run. At very least they didn't guess he would throw a bomb.

What I mean is that in similar situations in the future, safeties will have to stay back and respect the possibility of the deep pass, and corners will have to be careful about moving to support the run too quickly.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:

Tebow chopped Smith down but what other play did he get embarrassed by him? When Tebow tried to run on his side, Smith took him down for a two yard loss. Then on the personal foul penalty, he made up for it on the same drive by getting a strip sack. In my opinion, that has to cancel out his bonehead penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Tebow chopped Smith down but what other play did he get embarrassed by him? When Tebow tried to run on his side, Smith took him down for a two yard loss. Then on the personal foul penalty, he made up for it on the same drive by getting a strip sack. In my opinion, that has to cancel out his bonehead penalty.

I believe he chopped him down twice. At least, they showed it ad nauseum on the highlights doing it twice. Maybe same play, different angles? It's weird how no matter how intently you watch a game, those little things start to run together in your mind later.

Anyway, I know some will disagree with me on this. That's cool. There's just something about this kid that's rubbing me the wrong way. Started with his DUI. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I haven't seen anyone else on our team make so many headlines in this amount of time. I guess I'm just holding him to a higher standard because he's so dang good and I feel like he makes very poor decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the second time Tebow chopped down Brooks LOL.

Aldon Smith, Anthony Davis, and Chris Culliver are three young confident players. They aren't afraid to run their mouth because they actually believe they are that good. You take the good with the bad, but I personally like that. Obviously I'm not down with his off field issues though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon gets attention because he is one of the best young players in the league, has gotten in trouble a few times, and is on one of the best teams in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: