Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR need/avalability
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpt331

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: WR need/avalability Reply with quote

With Holmes being out for the season it's obvious we need even more WR help any juga you lime or have in mind d either by FA or trade.

My guys:
James Jones
Early Doucet
David Gettis
Chad Johnson
Terrell Owens
Donate Stallworth
Kenny Britt??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WR need/avalability Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
My guys:
James Jones - I love him. I think he can be had for a relatively cheap price. I will be estatic if we get him.
Early Doucet - Don't know if Arizona will trade him or if he will be a good fit for us. He's a very good player though.
David Gettis - Can't stay healthy.
Chad Johnson - Umm no.
Terrell Owens - See Ochocinco.
Donate Stallworth - See Ochocinco.
Kenny Britt?? - Can't see the Titans letting him go.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jets have barely won few next games then Jets can ponder the option via trade to bolster WR. Otherwise, don't bother.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao if we could get Kenny Britt and his head could by some miracle stay on straight that would be awesome

And hopefully cheap though since hes a headcase and doesnt seem to be on the field as much as he should but seems to have an impact when he is.

While we're at it hell lets pick up CJ2K too...

doubt it ... if anything we sign a free agent and hope that works first
even tho the media and half this form would rip us ... maybe we should take a shot at TO ... the guys awfully motivated when he feels hes got somethin to prove ... he failed to make an NFL roster and he prob feels hes better than Moss so don't think it would hurt to sign him to a 1 year small contract and see if he can give us something. If not just back out the door like it never happened. He's still physical knows how to run routes and from what I saw before pretty fast despite his age and coming back from an injury... in my opinion worth a gamble... He might have questionable hands at times now, but theres no denying hes better then what we are fielding now.

Too bad it doesnt look like the Cowboys are going to part ways with Dez cheaply after that Monday Night Debacle

Just throwing stuff out hoping somehow we find somethin that sticks and works
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'll make a move for a WR. I think they'll actually try to conserve their picks.

They realize this team isn't a WR away, so why try to make it that way.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I don't think they'll make a move for a WR. I think they'll actually try to conserve their picks.

They realize this team isn't a WR away, so why try to make it that way.
...because if the Jets don't outplay expectations, Tannenbaum is as good as gone. Mise well try to salvage his job now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: WR need/avalability Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
James Jones
We aint about that life. Don't get it bent.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the trade options. James & Early would be pretty good. Arrelious Benn wouldn't be bad either, dude is not being used at all in Tampa.

After last game, I kind of like what I seen from Schilens. I hope he show up and help open things for Keller. He has the size and speed of a #1 WR and still can make a play even if its a bad pass. I'm more worried about our #2 WR. Hill had us all hyped up after game one, and hasn't been seen since.

I still want Jordan White on the roster. He didn't get a fair shot during preseason.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Last edited by rickyt31 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we don't use any picks on anyone right now. It would be different if everyone was healthy and we actually looked a few players away from competing for a super bowl but we are so far away we need to preserve the picks and play the draft. Before the season or even after the Bills game i would of been happy trading for Ben Tate but we are so far away from being a contender with a new running back or wide reciver. We have to many holes right now but i think if we reload this summer with young, fast and hungry players in FA then hit the draft with imo a top ten pick we can fill the holes with young talent and players who play their heart out for the team.

Revis
Cromartie
Wilson
Landry
Harris
Wilkerson
Pohua
Devito
Coples
Maybin
Davis

Mangold
Ferguson
Ducasse
Howard
Holmes
Keller
Hill
Kerley

Thats not a bad core of guys to start with, i feel the quarterback position needs to be addressed and we need explosive players on both side of the ball. We can turn it around but over the next 10 months big decisions need to be made its just if the loyalty aspect to guys like Sanchez, Scott, Pace, Thomas, Greene etc will stand in our way. Thats why im not opposed to a new GM with fresh ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARE YOU GUYS DUMB STOP WITH TRADES WHAT GOOD IS A TRADE GOING TO DO FOR US EXCEPT WASTE A DRAFT PICK?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE ALL KNOW STEPHEN HILL IS RAW, JEREMY KERLEY IS MORE THAN FINE AS A 3, WE NEED A 1 NOT TRADE FOR A BORDERLINE 2 AND WASTE A PICK.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
ARE YOU GUYS DUMB STOP WITH TRADES WHAT GOOD IS A TRADE GOING TO DO FOR US EXCEPT WASTE A DRAFT PICK?
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
WE ALL KNOW STEPHEN HILL IS RAW, JEREMY KERLEY IS MORE THAN FINE AS A 3, WE NEED A 1 NOT TRADE FOR A BORDERLINE 2 AND WASTE A PICK.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't a receiver away from saving the season. We're better off long term rolling what we have, even promoting a player like Jordan White to the active roster and giving him a shot, rather than chasing lost causes or further potential headaches.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
The Jets aren't a receiver away from saving the season. We're better off long term rolling what we have, even promoting a player like Jordan White to the active roster and giving him a shot, rather than chasing lost causes or further potential headaches.

I kind of assumed this thread was looking for a WR for next season. That's what I thoght when I responded to the OP, as I don't see the Packers trading Jones midseason. I think there is a very good chance that they might trade him after the season.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Davey wrote:

I kind of assumed this thread was looking for a WR for next season. That's what I thoght when I responded to the OP, as I don't see the Packers trading Jones midseason. I think there is a very good chance that they might trade him after the season.

dont even want him after the season, youth, our own guys to mold and develop

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: