Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mess Under Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Brandon Weeden is better than him. Lol
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point the few stragglers (Rex/Tanny) have to realize its up to the QB to make people around him better. No way that will ever happen with Sanchez.
We always say he doesnt have weapons... we'll all i know is that Sanchez isnt making it easier on our WR either.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
At some point the few stragglers (Rex/Tanny) have to realize its up to the QB to make people around him better. No way that will ever happen with Sanchez.
We always say he doesnt have weapons... we'll all i know is that Sanchez isnt making it easier on our WR either.

This. Was surrounded by talent at USC. Had a great offense in both 09 and 10 and was bad. Still had weapons last year and was bad, oh but that was all of Schottys fault mark was handcuffed. He definitely has less talent this year, but he is god awful and just scared back there. Hes weak mentally and a horrible leader.

WHo I want replaced on offense:
Tone - dude is a [inappropriate/removed] and about himself
Sanchez - hes just bad. no need to further explain
Slauson - was absolutely dominated today and is only a borderline RG let alone LG.
Greene - let him walk. Hes fat, slow, and cant catch crabs at a whore house.

On Defense:
Bart - time to go bro and your too expensive.
Pace - one of the worst signings in terms of money we gave him and production he gave us.
Smith - just save the money plus hes awful.
Thomas - Like pace hes just taking up space.

I do hope we keep Landry at the right price as well as Bell but they both need to play better. If Rex gets canned then I doubt we bring back any of these guys.

We need a drastic change. Im sick of being the team that just talks and gets embarrassed.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this season bottoms out like we're all expecting now then we can safely say goodbye to Rex Ryan and more then likely Mike Tannenbaum.

It started out so promising in 2006. But Tannenbaum fell into the same trap most hotshot GM's do. He began to believe in his own infallibility. On top of that, he got attached to the same players.

As far as I'm concerned, the next three months are nothing more then an evaluation process. If we happen to start stringing wins together that's great, but the odds of that are so astronomically low that I'm discounting it entirely.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, to me there are so many more needs. I think we've completely screwed up his development, and I don't know if he's ever going to be consistent enough to be the guy at this point, but he's only one part of a completely inept offense from top-to-bottom.

The Jets are awful running the ball, have a right tackle that is only marginally better than the worst RT in the league last season, and have played most the season with a bottom tier core of receivers. That does not excuse Sanchez's poor play completely because he's added his fair share - still poor on ball security, and has struggled with hitting receivers at times when they actually do get open, particularly over 20 yards.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, Sanchez played like crap today. It's unfortunate, because of the injuries to the receivers, he didn't have the best supporting cast to work with. But the fumble before halftime was just inexcusable, and set the meltdown in motion. He just continues to make some of the same bad decisions over and over.

I don't know what the Jets are going to do if Holmes is out for an extended period. Getting Keller and Hill back will help somewhat. Maybe they should sign Burress, and bring back Eron Riley or Jordan White.

At some point though, Sanchez has to be held accountable for the mistakes. It's not like he's Eli Manning or Drew Brees and deserves free passes, because he's not good enough to recover from them. I don't think benching him should be off the table. Not because Tebow's the anwer to anything, but something has to light a fire under this kid. He just seems a little too disengaged when the offense isn't performing. I don't care if it's fair or hurts his feelings, he can't afford to be dumb anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Frankly, to me there are so many more needs. I think we've completely screwed up his development, and I don't know if he's ever going to be consistent enough to be the guy at this point, but he's only one part of a completely inept offense from top-to-bottom.

The Jets are awful running the ball, have a right tackle that is only marginally better than the worst RT in the league last season, and have played most the season with a bottom tier core of receivers. That does not excuse Sanchez's poor play completely because he's added his fair share - still poor on ball security, and has struggled with hitting receivers at times when they actually do get open, particularly over 20 yards.

Listen I am by no means putting this on just Sanchez. WE got guys running wrong routes, a bad offensive line (D'Brick is honestly only slightly better than mediocre) Slauson is a marginal RG, and Howard is not good and literally no TEs. Not to mention an awful starting RB. But some of his mistakes are down right inexcusable. I have NEVER seen a guy throw a pick on a set up screen pass where it could have went 30 yards. It was a lazy throw and a lack of focus. Plays like that lead me to believe hes never going to excel in this league. We need literally everything re-done on this offense.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Dungy and Harrison just had a long talk about the jets. They hit the nail on the head. We have a lot of issues, Sanchez being a big one. He missed receivers, took sacks he didnt have to, overthrew a bunch of people, and threw it too low on a screen. Im sorry, but cant fix him,.. no more excuses.

The question they said CAN you put tebow in? Sanchez said he is 100% not worried about his job. Boy playing that bad, i dont see how I can be confident.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still am not ready to give up on him. You guys talk about his completion percentage if you think about the drops by holmes, Hill, Turner, Connor, and countless others his percentage should be higher. The interceptions in Miami were not his fault. Oh and guess what our receivers may be more talented this year but he is playing without his tight end and still has to develop a chemistry with Hill, Schilens, Gates and the other TEs. If almost the same as last year. Not to mention the fact that as usual no one was getting open again this game and please let us not discuss our none existent running game. We were supposed to be going back to ground and pound. Well were the hell is it. Santonio Holmes is not a true #1 receiver he is a pseudo #1. Now yes the int was ugly today as was the fumble he should have taken the sack and kicked the field goal. One of the main problems today was the 49ers pass rush. But what increased it was the fact that he was getting the snap off with 1 second on the play clock. My grandmother could jump that snap. We lacked tempo on offense today and we did not play fast. I will not even get started on the defense. All i will say is that we decided to get leaner and fast but all i see is our defense getting pushed around and would like the 20 pounds a guy back please.

Mack on the Sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

I think part of the Jets problem was the early success we had really increased expectations to a win now team and also raised our draft pick to the mid to late 20s. It also raised the expectations of Sanchez. The two conference championships were great and would've been fine if Sanchez was a superstar QB. None of that was true and we need to retool and move on.

I also think it would be a terrible idea to draft a QB right away unless we are ABSOLUTELY certain he is going to be good and should be our guy. It will really test the skills and knowledge of Tanny and Rex but I think Woody is going to put a hamper on that and expect something now. Rome wasn't built in a week
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Davey wrote:

I think part of the Jets problem was the early success we had really increased expectations to a win now team and also raised our draft pick to the mid to late 20s. It also raised the expectations of Sanchez. The two conference championships were great and would've been fine if Sanchez was a superstar QB. None of that was true and we need to retool and move on.

I also think it would be a terrible idea to draft a QB right away unless we are ABSOLUTELY certain he is going to be good and should be our guy. It will really test the skills and knowledge of Tanny and Rex but I think Woody is going to put a hamper on that and expect something now. Rome wasn't built in a week

thats what I said on another forum board

we won very early and thought we had something we truly didn't a franchise QB

almost every team besides the Jets, Raiders, Chiefs, Cardinals and Bills has one

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Davey wrote:

almost every team besides the Jets, Raiders, Chiefs, Cardinals and Bills has one

Eagles, Dolphins (yet), Browns, Seahawks (yet), Bucs, Jaguars...
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Davey wrote:

Eagles- Vick, Foles looks good
Dolphins- Top 10 pick in Tannehill
Browns- I'll give you that one
Seahawks- Wilson is their guy they love him
Bucs- Freeman is good enough and they're getting better
Jags- Gabbert looks better than last year so we'll see

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Davey wrote:

Eagles- Vick, Foles looks good
Dolphins- Top 10 pick in Tannehill
Browns- I'll give you that one
Seahawks- Wilson is their guy they love him
Bucs- Freeman is good enough and they're getting better
Jags- Gabbert looks better than last year so we'll see

Most of them are probably better than Sanchez, but it's not like you can say they're set for the next 5-10 years. Wilson, Foles, and Tannehill don't look any better than Sanchez did three years ago. Gabbert is still pretty bad. Freeman has regressed since his breakout 2010 season. I think within a year or two, Matt Stafford will be the only 2009 QB still starting.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Yeah we pretty much David Carred him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: