Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Honestly, I would be very happy with Tyler Wilson. The guy makes mistakes but he never quits. His mistakes seem to be largely because he is trying too hard to carry the team on his back with little support (especially defensively). Hamilton has made a splash as the primary weapon for the Razorbacks but even he is inconsistent. Kniles Davis doesn't seem to be completely back and their offensive line is pretty bad.

Coaching is very underrated in general IMO. Blow up a front office "out of cycle" and I guarantee it will have a major negative impact on a team, especially their consistency.

Exhibit A - Arkansas

Exhibit B - New Orleans


bigs, can you elaborate? I am not sure I get your comment relative to my post. In both of the instances you mention the coaching that was removed was a quality coach.

Again, I might be misunderstanding your point.

My point was that coaching is underrated. I've heard people say the Saitns will be fine without Payton because of Brees, and he's so awesome. Totally disregarding what he does for that team.

Similarly, Arkansas was still top 10 pre-season after the Petrino mess. I was telling everyone they'd be lucky to make a bowl game as soon as it happened.

Yes, they are good coaches, and that is being proven by their team's struggles without them.

In general I just think most people don't think coaches are that important, especially in the NFL, and I actually think it couldn't be anything further from the truth. With a salary cap on the players, the difference in talent across the league typically isn't THAT much. The biggest thing that is not restrained is the amount you can pay a coach, and the number of coaches you can have (at least I don't think so).


Oh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I do agree with you. A mediocre head coach or coaching staff for that matter certainly doesn't help. Unfortunately I think we have a mediocre head coach.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10908
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Lets blow this up - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01/3843098/poll-should-chiefs-matt-cassel.html

Poll in the Star for who should start against Bmore. Quinn is getting 80% with 10% of precincts reporting. Only 1800 or so voted so far. I doubt anyone at 1 Arrowhead reads FF, but they definitely read the Star. If you are serious about moving on, here's step one.

Step 2 is a billboard obviously.

Step 3 should be just as obvious for any regular FF poster.


Paged. Seriously, please click the link and vote.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10908
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/10/1/3439022/chiefs-matt-cassel-
Quote:
Cole writes that Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is "losing confidence from players and many others in the organization" with his start to the season.

A source tells Cole:

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."


OK, good, they aren't totally blind. My question is why did these experts take being hit in the face with a frying pan for the forth straight year to figure that out. It'd be one thing if all of the fans had been wrong, and cassel came out and was awesome, but these guys are literally getting paid millions to get this right, and they get it this wrong. If Cassel is even remotely off this coming week, he needs to be benched, or certainly to start the following game at a minimum. Otherwise these "rumors" of losing confidence are total BS, and I'm 100% done with Pioli.

Like I said back in February, you don't come out and say you're going after Manning, and slobber all over RG3, and then bring in Brady Quinn without being on the hot seat if it doesn't work out. I'll give Pioli and the rest a pass if we go through the bull pen this season some, AND we upgrade next year unless one of them emerges to take us to the playoffs.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I guess we're in competition to tank for Geno Laughing


Too bad we're getting him. Cool


no your not. We'll out suck all of you.


Man, if the Raiders get a franchise QB in next years draft, and the Chiefs don't, I don't know what I am going to do. Having to go up against say Barkley, Rivers, and Manning next season with Matt Cassel...
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4661
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
If Geno is gone by our pick and Barkley/Wison are still there, I won't cry. I like Geno's athletic ability a little more out of the group from what I've seen. But as everyone is saying...

As long as it's not Cassel starting, or at least a restructured contract while they learn the system...I don't give a hoot who we draft short of Landry Jones.

I do think anyone we draft first round will beat Cassel out and he will become what he always should have been. The backup that won't LOSE you a lot of games if he has to play.

I do find it ammusing people have come in here from other teams to talk about who sucks the worst.


No NONE of this...if we draft a rookie that can't start over Cassel right away, then he wasn't worth drafting Smile Matt isn't even a backup QB that won't lose you games, he's only a backup QB that usually won't lose you games vs the BAD teams. Rolling Eyes
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4661
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Lets blow this up - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01/3843098/poll-should-chiefs-matt-cassel.html

Poll in the Star for who should start against Bmore. Quinn is getting 80% with 10% of precincts reporting. Only 1800 or so voted so far. I doubt anyone at 1 Arrowhead reads FF, but they definitely read the Star. If you are serious about moving on, here's step one.

Step 2 is a billboard obviously.

Step 3 should be just as obvious for any regular FF poster.


Paged. Seriously, please click the link and vote.


I obviously picked Quinn, but i've just never liked him either. I wasn't gonna talk anymore about Stanzi, because although I don't think he was given a real chance or put in a decent position, he played poorly....The fact is he has shown some ability to make reads and make good throws, something Cassel just can't do. He suffered some in the pocket issues this year, but that O-Line he played with was a sieve. Cassel has those issues too and while our O-line ain't perfect, it's much better than anything Ricky has ever experienced at this level.

I'm just sayin...not only would it be hard for Ricky to be worse, he would only get better...on the other hand Cassel will only get worse as his confidence continues to falter. It very well could reach an all time low vs the Ravens...he knows this team has his number and they're not even a great D anymore.

What I don't get is why media, some fans, etc... they only hesitate to pull Cassel because "there might not be a better option". I was under the impression that Cassel's ONLY real strong qualities were that he takes care of the ball. Well, he's turning it over at an all time record rate...so as long as Quinn doesn't turn it over more than once or twice a game, he's got superior ability to make throws and lead a team in the NFL.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of


Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4661
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/10/1/3439022/chiefs-matt-cassel-
Quote:
Cole writes that Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is "losing confidence from players and many others in the organization" with his start to the season.

A source tells Cole:

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."


OK, good, they aren't totally blind. My question is why did these experts take being hit in the face with a frying pan for the forth straight year to figure that out. It'd be one thing if all of the fans had been wrong, and cassel came out and was awesome, but these guys are literally getting paid millions to get this right, and they get it this wrong. If Cassel is even remotely off this coming week, he needs to be benched, or certainly to start the following game at a minimum. Otherwise these "rumors" of losing confidence are total BS, and I'm 100% done with Pioli.

Like I said back in February, you don't come out and say you're going after Manning, and slobber all over RG3, and then bring in Brady Quinn without being on the hot seat if it doesn't work out. I'll give Pioli and the rest a pass if we go through the bull pen this season some, AND we upgrade next year unless one of them emerges to take us to the playoffs.


How was I able to log onto your account? You are the new Rage, not just the bolded, but the whole two paragraphs. Wink
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10908
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You are the new Rage, not just the bolded, but the whole two paragraphs. Wink

Good lord, how did this happen.

Wait, that post was way too intelligible to be mistaken for one of yours. At least from a few months ago. Oh wait, I see what's happened, you've learned from me, started posting something that wasn't just a scathing rebuke of everything Pioli has done, even to the point of calling out formatting issues. And now you will claim I sound like you. Nice try. Wink


J/K man, much love.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pittstate87


Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Location: pittsburg
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linking to other forums is not allowed - RVM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18689
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barr of WPI wrote:
What we do know is that many are jumping on Cassel and with good reason. And some want Brady Quinn to start next weekend against Baltimore. But in Casselís defense, five different offensive coordinators in four years has taken a toll on the Chiefs quarterback. But heís not the primary culprit. The Chiefs running game even with Jamaal Charles getting into the end zone, has no identity.


I'm so baffled, befuddled, and bethoozled, that I don't even know what to say to this
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4661
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You are the new Rage, not just the bolded, but the whole two paragraphs. Wink

Good lord, how did this happen.

Wait, that post was way too intelligible to be mistaken for one of yours. At least from a few months ago. Oh wait, I see what's happened, you've learned from me, started posting something that wasn't just a scathing rebuke of everything Pioli has done, even to the point of calling out formatting issues. And now you will claim I sound like you. Nice try. Wink


J/K man, much love.


Is that a word? Or did you invent a new one combining intelligent with illegible?

I have never been out to rebuke Pioli for every move he makes just because I disapproved of his ego...I simply thought he was incompetent from the get go. So while i've always disliked him, I became "done" with him when we went into camp this year with no competition for Cassel. Despite everything else I disapproved of, I could've stayed on board if he would've simply cut Cassel and signed Orton (would've even saved money Shocked ).

If he listened to the players, the fans, Romeo (?), or watched game tape all signs pointed CLEARLY to Orton giving the team a better chance to win this year. Since the money difference wasn't an issue, just an excuse, the only reason he wouldn't move on from Cassel is his ego. He picked him, paid him, gave him the keys. In other words, "this team will become a laughing stock before i'll ever admit I was wrong about the QB". Entertaining Manning as a possibility not withstanding...but anything other than an elite QB, he was never going to replace Matt.

So that was it...the last straw for me. Now everyone's dancing with me, ain't life grand. What took ya'll so long? I realize you tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's suppose to have this teams best interests in mind...but he clearly only has his own, hoping beyond hope that Cassel could look/play well enough to justify sticking with him and make himself look good...the definition of selfishness. To wrap up some of his major moves/high picks/Steals....since hopefully next year he'll be taking his anal, egotistical ways to manage a KFC far far away from here.

Arrow Cassel-fail
Arrow Jackson-good player/bad pick. You simply can't draft a guy in the top 5 that has no potential to be a game changer. How often does a player reach his potential and fans are still upset about the pick?
Arrow Berry-obvious pick
Arrow Lewis-Steal
Arrow Baldwin-a pick partly made because he doesn't WANT to half to pay Bowe.
Arrow Houston-Steal
Arrow Resigned: Charles, Flowers, DJ, and Tamba...All good deals, these were good young proven players that any GM with a brain would've retained...just like Carr and Bowe. We have the cap space, we don't have a QB, we need these guys.

There are obviously several solid draft picks, but none playing above where they were drafted besides Lewis and Houston. Those two are really the only above average picks/trades/moves/resigns/pickups that he's made. Most everything else is about status quo. The selection of T-Jack, the trade/sign of Cassel, and the failure to resign Carr far outweigh Houston and Lewis.

Those 5 guys are what stands out to me and that's how i'll remember him by. Scott, you may go now.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of


Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4661
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Dave Barr of WPI wrote:
What we do know is that many are jumping on Cassel and with good reason. And some want Brady Quinn to start next weekend against Baltimore. But in Casselís defense, five different offensive coordinators in four years has taken a toll on the Chiefs quarterback. But heís not the primary culprit. The Chiefs running game even with Jamaal Charles getting into the end zone, has no identity.


I'm so baffled, befuddled, and bethoozled, that I don't even know what to say to this


Some people say things JUST to be different. The Chiefs run game strongly identifies as #2 in the league and that's only because RG3 is the man. How much would we average with him?
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You are the new Rage, not just the bolded, but the whole two paragraphs. Wink

Good lord, how did this happen.

Wait, that post was way too intelligible to be mistaken for one of yours. At least from a few months ago. Oh wait, I see what's happened, you've learned from me, started posting something that wasn't just a scathing rebuke of everything Pioli has done, even to the point of calling out formatting issues. And now you will claim I sound like you. Nice try. Wink


J/K man, much love.


Is that a word? Or did you invent a new one combining intelligent with illegible?

I have never been out to rebuke Pioli for every move he makes just because I disapproved of his ego...I simply thought he was incompetent from the get go. So while i've always disliked him, I became "done" with him when we went into camp this year with no competition for Cassel. Despite everything else I disapproved of, I could've stayed on board if he would've simply cut Cassel and signed Orton (would've even saved money Shocked ).

If he listened to the players, the fans, Romeo (?), or watched game tape all signs pointed CLEARLY to Orton giving the team a better chance to win this year. Since the money difference wasn't an issue, just an excuse, the only reason he wouldn't move on from Cassel is his ego. He picked him, paid him, gave him the keys. In other words, "this team will become a laughing stock before i'll ever admit I was wrong about the QB". Entertaining Manning as a possibility not withstanding...but anything other than an elite QB, he was never going to replace Matt.

So that was it...the last straw for me. Now everyone's dancing with me, ain't life grand. To wrap up some of his major moves/high picks/Steals....since hopefully next year he'll be taking his anal, egotistical ways to manage a KFC far far away from here.

Arrow Cassel-fail
Arrow Jackson-good player/bad pick. You simply can't draft a guy in the top 5 that has no potential to be a game changer. How often does a player reach his potential and fans are still upset about the pick?
Arrow Berry-obvious pick
Arrow Lewis-Steal
Arrow Baldwin-a pick partly made because he doesn't WANT to half to pay Bowe.
Arrow Houston-Steal
Arrow Resigned: Charles, Flowers, DJ, and Tamba...All good deals, these were good young proven players that any GM with a brain would've retained...just like Carr and Bowe. We have the cap space, we don't have a QB, we need these guys.

There are obviously several solid draft picks, but none playing above where they were drafted besides Lewis and Houston. Those two are really the only above average picks/trades/moves/resigns/pickups that he's made. Most everything else is about status quo. The selection of T-Jack, the trade/sign of Cassel, and the failure to resign Carr far outweigh Houston and Lewis.

Those 5 guys are what stands out to me and that's how i'll remember him by. Scott, you may go now.


AR58,
Good points. Like you I was never exactly a fan of Pioli but I definitely hoped that my gut feeling and uncertainty about Pioli being successful apart from Belichick was just that - a feeling. I have mentioned before I wasn't a fan of alot of his moves but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But at this point the decisions that I feel have hurt this organization and if not held it back, have certainly by appearance kept this franchise from moving forward.

And you haven't even gotten into the coaching staff issues since Pioli has been in charge. Another issue I have is the void of true veteran leadership on this roster. And Pioli decided to gut our roster from Day 1 and remove any vestiges of the "old way" by kicking our veteran leaders out the door.

Like was mentioned in an article I read hammering Pioli, he made a comment about the fact that he is "evolving" and I agree with the writer - he was paid to translate the success he was apart of in New England here. He was paid alot of money to not learn on the job, but turn this franchise around. I believe his short-sightedness and arrogance have ultimately held us back.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TambaHawk


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 213
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Spurrier.
_________________

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
Steve Spurrier.


I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Shocked
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group