Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I guess we're in competition to tank for Geno Laughing

Too bad we're getting him. Cool

no your not. We'll out suck all of you.

As if I needed to hate the Raiders more, they have to go threaten to suck more than us.

We'll see about that.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Waits for Bucs fan to enter...
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Do you think you guys would actually take Geno one year after drafting Weeden?

If we keep losing, absolutely. Gives the owner a chance to start with a clean slate and get his guy.

Owners should absolutely never be making personnel decisions.

If your team goes 2-14 and has the #1 pick, are you going to stick with a 30 year old 2nd year QB who might not fit the philosophy of the next coach you bring in or start from scratch?

No offense, but if Haslam runs the Browns the way he runs his truck stops. You can expect him to be a cheap owner. This is coming from a manager at one of his Pilots gas stations.

So you might see things play out longer then you want to.

That'd be a problem

If it wasn't for the fact we have to spend 20 mil to reach the 90% rule for the new CBA anyways and the only guy worth resigning for us is Mohammed Massaqoui.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

We haven't even won a game yet my BRUH

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yep LOL at all you fools that want Geno but won one game. We got this allready.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I would be very happy with Tyler Wilson. The guy makes mistakes but he never quits. His mistakes seem to be largely because he is trying too hard to carry the team on his back with little support (especially defensively). Hamilton has made a splash as the primary weapon for the Razorbacks but even he is inconsistent. Kniles Davis doesn't seem to be completely back and their offensive line is pretty bad.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Honestly, I would be very happy with Tyler Wilson. The guy makes mistakes but he never quits. His mistakes seem to be largely because he is trying too hard to carry the team on his back with little support (especially defensively). Hamilton has made a splash as the primary weapon for the Razorbacks but even he is inconsistent. Kniles Davis doesn't seem to be completely back and their offensive line is pretty bad.

Coaching is very underrated in general IMO. Blow up a front office "out of cycle" and I guarantee it will have a major negative impact on a team, especially their consistency.

Exhibit A - Arkansas

Exhibit B - New Orleans

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

If both Tyler and Geno were available at our pick I absolutely would not care which one we took as long as we take one. I love them both.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Coaching is very underrated in general IMO. Blow up a front office "out of cycle" and I guarantee it will have a major negative impact on a team, especially their consistency.

Exhibit A - Arkansas

Exhibit B - New Orleans

bigs, can you elaborate? I am not sure I get your comment relative to my post. In both of the instances you mention the coaching that was removed was a quality coach.

As much as people love to hate Bobby Petrino, aside from his moral decision making, he was a good college head coach and certainly a very good offensive mind. John L. Smith was a haphazard hire and the sudden issue with Petrino really forced the Arkansas AD's hand.

Greg Williams is getting vilified by the NFL and media, but the bottom line is, he was getting the best out of for the most part a suspect defense. Steve Spagnuolo in hindsight might have been a bad signing because his defense is a departure from the Greg Williams' defense and is very complicated. Plus, they really don't have the personnel to run Spagnuolo's defense. Also, I think people are finding that Sean Payton might very well mean more to the Saints and especially Drew Brees than just as a head coach.

In all of those instances, the subtraction was a negative because the coach was a positive. But if something isn't working I don't think a team can afford to continue for the sake of some semblence of continuity. IMO that goes for the HC and GM in our situation.

Again, I might be misunderstanding your point.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

If both Tyler and Geno were available at our pick I absolutely would not care which one we took as long as we take one. I love them both.

I would agree.

KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I would agree.

I concur as well. I don't care who it is, just somebody other than Cassel. Anybody we draft at least has potential to be a good QB. Cassel has reached his ceiling.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Geno is gone by our pick and Barkley/Wison are still there, I won't cry. I like Geno's athletic ability a little more out of the group from what I've seen. But as everyone is saying...

As long as it's not Cassel starting, or at least a restructured contract while they learn the system...I don't give a hoot who we draft short of Landry Jones.

I do think anyone we draft first round will beat Cassel out and he will become what he always should have been. The backup that won't LOSE you a lot of games if he has to play.

I do find it ammusing people have come in here from other teams to talk about who sucks the worst.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yep LOL at all you fools that want Geno but won one game. We got this allready.

Psh. The Jets won two games and are in first place.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Exhibit A - Arkansas

Exhibit B - New Orleans

bigs, can you elaborate? I am not sure I get your comment relative to my post. In both of the instances you mention the coaching that was removed was a quality coach.

Again, I might be misunderstanding your point.

My point was that coaching is underrated. I've heard people say the Saitns will be fine without Payton because of Brees, and he's so awesome. Totally disregarding what he does for that team.

Similarly, Arkansas was still top 10 pre-season after the Petrino mess. I was telling everyone they'd be lucky to make a bowl game as soon as it happened.

Yes, they are good coaches, and that is being proven by their team's struggles without them.

In general I just think most people don't think coaches are that important, especially in the NFL, and I actually think it couldn't be anything further from the truth. With a salary cap on the players, the difference in talent across the league typically isn't THAT much. The biggest thing that is not restrained is the amount you can pay a coach, and the number of coaches you can have (at least I don't think so).

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets blow this up - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01/3843098/poll-should-chiefs-matt-cassel.html

Poll in the Star for who should start against Bmore. Quinn is getting 80% with 10% of precincts reporting. Only 1800 or so voted so far. I doubt anyone at 1 Arrowhead reads FF, but they definitely read the Star. If you are serious about moving on, here's step one.

Step 2 is a billboard obviously.

Step 3 should be just as obvious for any regular FF poster.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: