Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Logos


Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Posts: 74
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Logos wrote:
QB
HC

I disagree regarding Pioli. Yes, we have Cassel, but considering available QB options since Pioli arrived, and playing the odds, what other QBs would have been smart/sound choices at the time (not crystal clear hind-sight).

Second, except for QB, I would consider our roster top-to-bottom to be pretty solid. Pioli has made smart decisions without any wild risks or over spending. I do wish we kept B. Carr...and we had better keep Bowe since he has been very solid so far this season. But he has resigned many other key players at bargain prices including solid free agent signings.

Regarding HC...I like Romeo as a pure DC. Not necessarily as an HC and definitely as a dual hat HC/DC. His leadership style has led to an undisciplined unfocused team.

Bottom line, somehow/someway upgrading QB, and hiring a respectable, likable, hard-[inappropriate/removed] coach to unlock our team's potential are the key moves we need to make. I think we need to hang onto Pioli...he has for the most=part made good on the personnel and coaching opportunities available to us.


Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, trading for someone, Mike Vick, Trading up to get RGIII, Luck, Tannehill


All of those are either obvious choices in hind-sight, or bad decisions that would have involved mortgaging much of our draft(s)/future to acquire (aka. RGIII).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, I think Pioli is hurting this team by his reputation alone. He hasn't built a team that is a perennial contender yet he runs the team like a dictatorship. In the meantime the team he left continues to just keep winning and fielding dynamic teams.

I don't think we will get an upper echelon coach with Pioli constantly having his fingers in everything.

Pioli also may have done alright with the draft thus far, but our best players have proven to be guys that came from the widely hated Herm and Co. Add in his rampant alienation of quality veterans and our seeming lack of a veteran team leader and I feel it's fair to question him.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We drafted a non-difference making player 3rd overall. It's not hindsight when almost everyone thought he was taken at minimum a half round too early. Add in that we are happy he has developed into a stout DE which is what you want it only make the decision to draft him even more puzzling to me.

With the third overall pick you have to take a game changer. We didn't, we played it safe. then we traded what amounts to almost another 1st rounder for Cassel. Which we followed up by giving him a Franchise QB contract...and if you try to argue it was a good contract, I'll stop arguing with you.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logos wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Logos wrote:
QB
HC

I disagree regarding Pioli. Yes, we have Cassel, but considering available QB options since Pioli arrived, and playing the odds, what other QBs would have been smart/sound choices at the time (not crystal clear hind-sight).

Second, except for QB, I would consider our roster top-to-bottom to be pretty solid. Pioli has made smart decisions without any wild risks or over spending. I do wish we kept B. Carr...and we had better keep Bowe since he has been very solid so far this season. But he has resigned many other key players at bargain prices including solid free agent signings.

Regarding HC...I like Romeo as a pure DC. Not necessarily as an HC and definitely as a dual hat HC/DC. His leadership style has led to an undisciplined unfocused team.

Bottom line, somehow/someway upgrading QB, and hiring a respectable, likable, hard-[inappropriate/removed] coach to unlock our team's potential are the key moves we need to make. I think we need to hang onto Pioli...he has for the most=part made good on the personnel and coaching opportunities available to us.


Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, trading for someone, Mike Vick, Trading up to get RGIII, Luck, Tannehill


All of those are either obvious choices in hind-sight, or bad decisions that would have involved mortgaging much of our draft(s)/future to acquire (aka. RGIII).


TRADING FOR CASSEL WAS MORTGAGING OUR FUTURE!!!! It guaranteed us years of AT BEST mediocre QB play. Why is everyone so afraid to take a chance on THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN SPORTS. If you fail, you fail, but we are failing with Cassel anyway.

today my brother said "we may have 50 of the right 53, we just need a QB, backup for DJ, and a backup at QB". My response was I'd take 40 of the right 53 if we had the right QB. DEPTH IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN QUARTERBACK. How can people not understand that. I'd trade our entire draft this year for Griffin or Luck. I'd trade most of it for Tannehill. We have zero players over age 30 on this team. You're telling me our team would be worse off if we traded some draft picks from this year and a couple in the future for a QB like RG3? I don't freaking think so. What would you guys trade for Aaron Rodgers? He's probably got 5-7 more elite years. I'd trade 10 1st rounders for him. RG3 has as many as 10-12 elite years ahead of him and we would have had to give up what, 3 first rounders and a couple 2nds, maybe a player or 2. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm sick and tired of crap at QB. With the exception of Trent Green this team has had crap at the most important position for my entire life (save I guess Montana). I'll trade 2 firsts and a couple 2nds for Flacco if he gets franchised if we won't take a chance on a rookie. Screw this "I don't want to ruin our chance to win the division next year by starting a rookie" BS that Pioli seems to believe. Screw "We don't want to mortgage our future by giving up a bunch of draft picks". WE ARE FORFEITING IT ANYWAY BY IGNORING QB!!!!
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
We drafted a non-difference making player 3rd overall. It's not hindsight when almost everyone thought he was taken at minimum a half round too early. Add in that we are happy he has developed into a stout DE which is what you want it only make the decision to draft him even more puzzling to me.

With the third overall pick you have to take a game changer. We didn't, we played it safe. then we traded what amounts to almost another 1st rounder for Cassel. Which we followed up by giving him a Franchise QB contract...and if you try to argue it was a good contract, I'll stop arguing with you.


I would have been 3,000x happier letting Cassel play for his 14 million franchise deal that year. After his terribad performance we could have got him incredibly cheaper in the long run even if we HAD kept him.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM I absolutely agree about paying Cassel. I've been one of the people arguing that we shouldn't trade a ton of picks for one player. But Cassel's performance this year has changed my opinion. We need a new QB and if we have to toss another first round pick or a couple of picks to get what we need, then I think we're at the point where we need to make it happen.

I still don't like trading more than 1 additional first, but something needs to happen. I just hope we don't trade up for Landry Jones.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioli logic say that you have to have every other position play perfect for your QB to succeed.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Dontari Poe, but 418 yards only 1 INT against the Cards D that has been fantastic all season for Tanny, Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see any way the Chiefs leave the 2013 draft without taking a first round QB. Literally everyone that knows anything about football is saying that Cassel is the weakest link.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10897
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I love Dontari Poe, but 418 yards only 1 INT against the Cards D that has been fantastic all season for Tanny, Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?

He's just another Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes You know my feelings on the subject. He's even been better then I thought he would this early. Imagine him on our roster.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I love Dontari Poe, but 418 yards only 1 INT against the Cards D that has been fantastic all season for Tanny, Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?

He's just another Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes You know my feelings on the subject. He's even been better then I thought he would this early. Imagine him on our roster.


yeah the Dolphins have one of the worst (if not the worst) ball catching corps in the league. We have one of the best
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I just don't see any way the Chiefs leave the 2013 draft without taking a first round QB. Literally everyone that knows anything about football is saying that Cassel is the weakest link.


clearly Pioli doesn't know anything about Football. Because this has been obvious since Cassel got here
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?


Isn't it obvious? We needed to give Cassel a chance to earn his extension...its either that or Pioli hates the Chiefs.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18632
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anyone here who wouldn't trade Jon Baldwin, Dontari Poe, and Eric Berry for RG3? That's one high 1st, one mid-high first, and one low first for a franchise QB. I'd do it in a heartbeat and I love all those guys. See how trading multiple first rounders doesn't truly cripple your team, and we already have all those guys, so we'd be trading 3 complete unknowns (plus maybe a few other mid round unkowns) for a franchise QB. The more I think about this the madder I get. I hate pioli
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, I'm glad to see Tannehill doing well. However I think that the guys we'll have a shot at drafting top 3 this year are better than Tannehill, with less bust potential. But you're right, wouldn't it be nice to see how well he'd play here? Though Pioli probably would have wanted to move him back to WR.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group