Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Freshmen in CFB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
jd6735 wrote:
Johnny Manziel, Redshirt Freshman QB, Texas A&M

Texas A&M vs Arkansas highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKpSq6LoW_M

Texas A&M vs LA Tech highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfu9eufKHc

More:Johnny Manziel Highlights from the SMU/Florida/SCSU games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHUEEGIMuh4

I'm a big fan of Manziel. He'll probably win a Heisman before he graduates and has more passing talent than most rushing QB's.

Johnny looks like he could be legit, he is a wayy better passer than most QB's that run as much as him. Texas A&M has a bright future with him at the helm. in 2 years outside of Deanthony he could be the most exciting player in football
jd6735

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks quite good throwing the ball most of the time. Throws a very clean ball and has a good release. He's good at running the ball period, but he also runs away from pressure and keeps his eyes downfield. For a freshman, he's very impressive in his passing game. Probably no way he keeps this up against the likes of LSU and Bama, though.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd6735 wrote:
He looks quite good throwing the ball most of the time. Throws a very clean ball and has a good release. He's good at running the ball period, but he also runs away from pressure and keeps his eyes downfield. For a freshman, he's very impressive in his passing game. Probably no way he keeps this up against the likes of LSU and Bama, though.

I agree that their D's are a step too far what he'll be ready for this year. Given what we know about Florida now, it's pretty crazy he played as well as he did (even if they did contain him in the 2nd half) against them in his first start.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Marcus Mariota not getting more love in this thread. He's been as good, if not better than Manziel, he's just got better weapons to distribute to so their getting the credit. He makes mistakes now and then, but what freshman QB doesn't. I'm not saying he's the best on this list, but if Manziel is getting love, so should Mariota.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
nixa37

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Why is Marcus Mariota not getting more love in this thread. He's been as good, if not better than Manziel, he's just got better weapons to distribute to so their getting the credit. He makes mistakes now and then, but what freshman QB doesn't. I'm not saying he's the best on this list, but if Manziel is getting love, so should Mariota.

Did you really just say Mariota has been as good, if not better, than Manziel? Based on what exactly? Manziel has thrown for over 300 more yards, rushed for over 300 more yards, has 5 more total TDs, has 2 fewer INTs, has more yards per carry, has more yards per pass attempt, and a better QB rating all with less talent around him. What is your argument for Mariota having been as good, let alone better?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Deontay Greenberry

He has nice size, but isn't a burner. Once he improves his hands (Hands been so-so this season as a freshman) he is going to be a good one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenneth Dixon- Louisiana Tech RB

I have a few friends who played against this guy in high school and they said he was unstoppable. Played in 2A arkansas ball so didn't get a lot of chances...i wish we would have offered him though. He's on pace for 27 TDs as a true freshman and had 230 yards against idaho. Will be a small school player to watch the next few years
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't tell you many from around the league besides the big name recruits or first year starters. Ill tell you who I've liked from my team though.

(Alton) Pig Howard

He is about 5"8' and 175 lbs and is a really effective RB/Slot WR. He is explosive and is versatile which makes him a huge threat. Also can run the wildcat well. Oh and yes he goes by Pig.

Another guy I like is Ladarrell McNeil.

He has gotten significant playing time at FS as we are really thin at DB. He looks to be one of the best DBs on our team but needs to work on tackling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:

Who was the last Oregon quarterback to get drafted? Their offense doesn't produce NFL quarterbacks. I do like Mariota though, if any Oregon quarterback has a shot at being drafted fairly early it'll probably be him a couple years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future first round pick.

Quote:

Name: Leonard Williams
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 275
Position: DT/DE
2012 Stats (7 games): 20 tackles (8.5 TFL), 5.5 sacks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Did you really just say Mariota has been as good, if not better, than Manziel? Based on what exactly? Manziel has thrown for over 300 more yards, rushed for over 300 more yards, has 5 more total TDs, has 2 fewer INTs, has more yards per carry, has more yards per pass attempt, and a better QB rating all with less talent around him. What is your argument for Mariota having been as good, let alone better?
Well Johnny has more INTs less YPC, less QBR (Mariota leads all FR), less receiving TDs.

Johnny is asked to do more than most Leach system QBs. So it is to be expected to have more of everything.

He is also smaller by 3-4 inches than Mariota which doesn't bode well in the NFL.

Sig bet
nixa37

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Well Johnny has more INTs less YPC, less QBR (Mariota leads all FR), less receiving TDs.

Johnny is asked to do more than most Leach system QBs. So it is to be expected to have more of everything.

He is also smaller by 3-4 inches than Mariota which doesn't bode well in the NFL.

None of that (except the receiving TD part) was true when he made the comment:
Quote:
He's been as good, if not better than Manziel, he's just got better weapons to distribute to so their getting the credit.

At the time he said that, Mariota hadn't been nearly as good as Manziel, a fact the numbers I posted attested to. I wasn't making a comment on who is the better pro prospect.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

WR Deontay Greenberry

He has nice size, but isn't a burner. Once he improves his hands (Hands been so-so this season as a freshman) he is going to be a good one.

Crying or Very sad
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Who was the last Oregon quarterback to get drafted? Their offense doesn't produce NFL quarterbacks. I do like Mariota though, if any Oregon quarterback has a shot at being drafted fairly early it'll probably be him a couple years.

Dixon was drafted in the 5th, and need not mention Joey Harrington. And honestly Mariota has the best NFL skillset of any QB we've had. The mentality and the arm he has is incredible. He's almost an exact mold of what Colin Kaepernick was at Nevada.

But you can see that we're not running nearly the same offense as we have since Harrington was here. We're running a lot more of a strait spread offense rather than what we had last couple years with just having our QB (DT/Masoli) spread the ball to everyone else, and limit their touches. This offense TRULY runs through Mariota now.

As for the comments on Manziel about not being nearly as good as him, i disagree. Manziel just having the numbers didn't tell the whole story. We have a much more running based offense, so he's just plain and simple not going to have the numbers that a spread O like Manziel runs produces. Some of the throws that Mariota has been making are just ridiculous.

And all this, part of what i was considering, as this is after all the NFL Draft thread, was that his ability was much more in sync with an NFL style game.

EDIT: Just looking through it now, i forgot about Kellen Clemmons being a 2nd round pick.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Dixon was drafted in the 5th, and need not mention Joey Harrington. And honestly Mariota has the best NFL skillset of any QB we've had. The mentality and the arm he has is incredible. He's almost an exact mold of what Colin Kaepernick was at Nevada.

But you can see that we're not running nearly the same offense as we have since Harrington was here. We're running a lot more of a strait spread offense rather than what we had last couple years with just having our QB (DT/Masoli) spread the ball to everyone else, and limit their touches. This offense TRULY runs through Mariota now.

As for the comments on Manziel about not being nearly as good as him, i disagree. Manziel just having the numbers didn't tell the whole story. We have a much more running based offense, so he's just plain and simple not going to have the numbers that a spread O like Manziel runs produces. Some of the throws that Mariota has been making are just ridiculous.

And all this, part of what i was considering, as this is after all the NFL Draft thread, was that his ability was much more in sync with an NFL style game.

EDIT: Just looking through it now, i forgot about Kellen Clemmons being a 2nd round pick.
Akili Smith was 3rd overall too. if you wanna go way back.

Oregon runs the ball like 66% of the time or 60% of the time. Most of it isn't with Mariota (unlike Johnny).

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: