Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Freshmen in CFB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Gunner Kiel 6'4 220
Comparison- Unsure yet to play

I cant wait to see him play he's got it all and could be the next great QB prospect

if the Jets hold out til 2015 to get a new QB he's my guy

If Notre Dame sticks with Everett Golson for the next four years, odds are he'll never start a game.
Golson is straight up awful. He has a strong arm, that's about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Gunner Kiel 6'4 220

I cant wait to see him play he's got it all and could be the next great QB prospect

If Notre Dame sticks with Everett Golson for the next four years, odds are he'll never start a game.
Golson is straight up awful. He has a strong arm, that's about it.

You know Kelly, though. He'll start Kiel next year, yank him for Rees, Rees will struggle, he'll stick Golson in, Golson will struggle, he'll throw in the waterboy...
nixa37

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsene Wenger wrote:
Gurley is a nice player, but he's no Richardson. Not in the same class as an athlete. More likely to turn out like Moreno or Lattimore, IMO.

Not too many freshmen have really wowed me so far. I liked what I saw from Jeremy Hill this past weekend, but it was just one game.

You might be underrating Gurley's athleticism just a tad. You do realize he was a pretty elite track guy in high school, right? 10.70 100 meter his junior year (not sure if he ever bested that as a senior) and won the World Youth Trials in 2011 in the 110 high hurdles with a 13.88.
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Gunner Kiel 6'4 220

Indecisive. Laughing
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
Arsene Wenger wrote:
Gurley is a nice player, but he's no Richardson. Not in the same class as an athlete. More likely to turn out like Moreno or Lattimore, IMO.

Not too many freshmen have really wowed me so far. I liked what I saw from Jeremy Hill this past weekend, but it was just one game.

You might be underrating Gurley's athleticism just a tad. You do realize he was a pretty elite track guy in high school, right? 10.70 100 meter his junior year (not sure if he ever bested that as a senior) and won the World Youth Trials in 2011 in the 110 high hurdles with a 13.88.

Gurley definitely isn't Richardson. He's much faster, with a nasty stiffarm.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
Arsene Wenger wrote:

Amazing how underrated Richardson's speed is. Gurley is not faster and he's not as good as Richardson. He's a very talented kid but he's no Trent.

And Nixa, Trent ran a 10.5 100 in HS, just a FYI.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
nixa37

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
Arsene Wenger wrote:

Amazing how underrated Richardson's speed is. Gurley is not faster and he's not as good as Richardson. He's a very talented kid but he's no Trent.

Yes, I've seen Trent quoted at 10.5, though I'm not sure that was an official meet time (I've never once seen it quoted at 10.50, always 10.5). You'll notice I didn't say Gurley was faster than Richardson either. Saying he's not in the same class as an athlete is just pushing it too far though. Gurley ran for the USA youth track team and won a national youth meet. Let's not act like he isn't a pretty ridiculous athlete in his own right.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
green24 wrote:
Devin Funchess.

[/thread]
Kevin Koger, a senior captain TE for Michigan last year, had 23 receptions for 244 yards and 4 TDs last year. This year, his 6'5 freshman replacement, Devin Funchess has 10 receptions for 173 yards and 3 TDs through 5 games. (Did not start Bama game week 1.) Dude is a monster already.

I think he can be the first TE off the board in 2015/2016.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
Arsene Wenger wrote:

Trent wasn't 230 in HS, just an FYI.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
Arsene Wenger wrote:

Trent wasn't 230 in HS, just an FYI.

He was 220.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurley doesn't have the same kind of power. Part of what makes Trent special is his low center of gravity and unreal strength. I don't see any of that from Gurley.

Not to take anything away from Gurley, but Trent is probably the best RB prospect of the past 5 years. Nobody in the NCAA right now is on his level.
jd6735

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Manziel, Redshirt Freshman QB, Texas A&M

Texas A&M vs Arkansas highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKpSq6LoW_M

Texas A&M vs LA Tech highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfu9eufKHc

More:Johnny Manziel Highlights from the SMU/Florida/SCSU games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHUEEGIMuh4
gohogs14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One freshman from arkansas to watch is RB Jonathan Williams. He's been our 2nd best back already and is a former 4*...had 150 yards receiving last week and 6 carries for 34 yards against auburn. He should start next year and i think he'll be one of the better SEC backs
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd6735 wrote:
Johnny Manziel, Redshirt Freshman QB, Texas A&M

Texas A&M vs Arkansas highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKpSq6LoW_M

Texas A&M vs LA Tech highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfu9eufKHc

More:Johnny Manziel Highlights from the SMU/Florida/SCSU games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHUEEGIMuh4

I'm a big fan of Manziel. He'll probably win a Heisman before he graduates and has more passing talent than most rushing QB's.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Gunner Kiel 6'4 220

That's a mighty big "if" the way things are going. Most of the other Irish fans seem way more glued to Golson being the starter "long term" (whatever that means in college) than I think the coaches are. He's our guy in 2012, but after that, it's going to be fair game unless the dude gets a lot better the second half of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: