Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michigan State-Ohio State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
gl81 wrote:
It was a tough call to make in real time but to act like it didn't have an affect on the game is wrong IMO.

At the end of the day we had our opportunity on the final drive and the OSU O-line did a great job on that last play.

honestly there is nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

but with so much time left...is wasn't a game decider. game changer for sure though.

yeah if it happened with 14seconds left in the game then I would be like we stole one from MSU but it happen with 14mins left in the game!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
Given the situation(drops from WRs, no running game), I thought he was pretty good.

those are the reasons MSU lost the game not questionable call by the refs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It directly cost them 4 points. Was it the sole reason they lost? By no means, but you can't say it had no influence. Factually wrong.

^daboyle250
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
It directly cost them 4 points. Was it the sole reason they lost? By no means, but you can't say it had no influence. Factually wrong.

no it would of affected the game, i agree on that but MSU fans are acting it was the be all end all play of the game.

its like they believe MSU scores on that fumble that MSUs defense would of shut down OSU for the last 14mins of the game...

they are assuming if they score on that fumble that they would stop Miller and the OSU offense.

you score on the fumble and Meyer changes his approach of the game. with the lead Meyer played conservative. If MSU scores, Meyer goes into attack mode. MSU scores to take the lead 13-10 and what does Meyer do? he attacks down field and we hit on a big pass play.

I just hate ppl assuming on plays left on the field would of overall decided the game. If points are put up on the board the entire game would change.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
gl81 wrote:
It was a tough call to make in real time but to act like it didn't have an affect on the game is wrong IMO.

At the end of the day we had our opportunity on the final drive and the OSU O-line did a great job on that last play.

no it would of affected the game, i agree on that but MSU fans are acting it was the be all end all play of the game.

its like they believe MSU scores on that fumble that MSUs defense would of shut down OSU for the last 14mins of the game...

they are assuming if they score on that fumble that they would stop Miller and the OSU offense.

you score on the fumble and Meyer changes his approach of the game. with the lead Meyer played conservative. If MSU scores, Meyer goes into attack mode. MSU scores to take the lead 13-10 and what does Meyer do? he attacks down field and we hit on a big pass play.

I just hate ppl assuming on plays left on the field would of overall decided the game. If points are put up on the board the entire game would change.

I see what you're saying, but it wouldn't have necessarily had a postive effect on OSU's O either. No way of knowing, but what we do know is that it cost MSU 4 points.

Good game either way, and like I said before it wasn't the sole reason we lost today.

^daboyle250
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:

Good game either way, and like I said before it wasn't the sole reason we lost today.

was an entertaining game.

I have a hard time saying it was a good game though.

was as close of a game as I was expecting though...I was thinking a late FG was going to be the difference.
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought this was interesting...

Bell failed to rush for a first down for MSU for the 1st time since he freshmen season

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/30/michigan-state-says-ohio-state-doctored-game-film/
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
thought this was interesting...

Bell failed to rush for a first down for MSU for the 1st time since he freshmen season

Dantonio had no confidence in his line and he shouldnt have. 2 starters were out after our center broke his leg and your d-line dominated from start to finish. OSU's run d is very good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/30/michigan-state-says-ohio-state-doctored-game-film/

why wait until after the game to say something???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

why wait until after the game to say something???

Cuz we lost...duuuuuh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TheGoldenChild"]http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/30/michigan-state-says-ohio-state-doctored-game-film/[/quote]

Is this about Ohio State cheating again? Or is this more about MSU trying to save face because they were embarrassed again on national television.
d_stanton2lions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchjstnk wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

Is this about Ohio State cheating again? Or is this more about MSU trying to save face because they were embarrassed again on national television.

Have fun in a bowl game... oh wait.
d_stanton2lions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty surprised by the MSU people around here. I don't post much anymore but it looks like I'm just going to have to be ashamed to be a spartan fan now too. You guys are ridiculous if you think that play ruined the game. Yes it was a bad call, and I've always been in favor of letting any of those play out BEFORE reviewing it.

Did everyone forget about our drops, missed field goal, or Bennie Fowler ruining this game by dropping 5 passes?

What about missing tackles on third down and our horrible defensive play calling on OSU's last possession?

That play didn't ruin the game, it helped ruin a game that was already ruined. Get over it.
d_stanton2lions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
he was solid throughout most of the game against the best D he'll play all year. Showed poise in the pocket, only missed on a couple throws and if not for another batch of drops from his wideouts MSU wins the game. Our running game was getting nothing and Maxwell still found a way to move the the football.

You don't have to be overly exceptional in the 2012 Big Ten Conference.

bold = false

His poise wasn't as awful as the first game or the ND game, but it was average at best. He still struggles with ball placement at times. His downfield passing is very suspect. He is very good at checking down to Bell and Sims though.

Generally agree, but without drops he would have passed over 65% with over 330 yards. Bennie Fowler dropped 5 total passes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: