Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michigan State-Ohio State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
1King wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
The Big 10 is going to send a 3-4 loss team to the Rose Bowl.

only because the undefeated (or one loss) Buckeyes won't be allowed. Wink

How dare you two overlook undefeated Northwestern.

Holy sh*t, I forgot Northwestern is still 5-0. Have they really played anyone, though?

they have beaten 4 BCS conference opponents (3 OOC & 1 B1G)
1King

gl81 wrote:
he was solid throughout most of the game against the best D he'll play all year. Showed poise in the pocket, only missed on a couple throws and if not for another batch of drops from his wideouts MSU wins the game. Our running game was getting nothing and Maxwell still found a way to move the the football.

You don't have to be overly exceptional in the 2012 Big Ten Conference.

bold = false

His poise wasn't as awful as the first game or the ND game, but it was average at best. He still struggles with ball placement at times. His downfield passing is very suspect. He is very good at checking down to Bell and Sims though.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
gl81

malibuspeedrace wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
good game

with what maxwell showed today the B1G championship is definitely in our sights, though no one wants to hear that right now.

you mean being an average at best QB?

I know if I was 0-1 in the B1G, I would be setting my eyes on the Conference Championship game

Lol here comes the unwarranted negative posts. OSU was deserving of the W today, just stating that in spite of the disappointing loss there were positives and in a weak conference the goal is still in MSU's sights. Have to put this behind us, and the fact that we've now dropped two straight home games. Disappointing start.

^daboyle250
malibuspeedrace

cp0k2 wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
buno67 wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Thank the refs Ohio St. Or our kicker.

oh yes since the refs helped OSUs defense hold MSU to 1.5 yards per attempt

Rolling Eyes

Your saying that blown fumble wasnt huge? Drummond clearly has the ball on his way for 6 with nobody in front of him. If your a ref why blow it dead??? If they do score it gets reviewed and you see it actually was a fumble and nothing happends. But instead you assume he was down and rob us of a touchdown. That was the changing point in this game. Your defense did play great but our defense should have won us that game. Either way you OSU fans or anybody else wont see that because you won the game and its impossible for anybody to say they are wrong on this site.

It's buno, if he didn't have his whistle he would have went out there and tackled him to stop the play.

Buno...get your Zebra suit on. we can make this team unstoppable
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
1King wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
The Big 10 is going to send a 3-4 loss team to the Rose Bowl.

only because the undefeated (or one loss) Buckeyes won't be allowed. Wink

How dare you two overlook undefeated Northwestern.

Holy sh*t, I forgot Northwestern is still 5-0. Have they really played anyone, though?

at Syracuse W 42-41
Vanderbilt W 23-13
Boston College W 22-13
South Dakota W 38-7
Indiana W 44-29
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
he was solid throughout most of the game against the best D he'll play all year. Showed poise in the pocket, only missed on a couple throws and if not for another batch of drops from his wideouts MSU wins the game. Our running game was getting nothing and Maxwell still found a way to move the the football.

bold = false

His poise wasn't as awful as the first game or the ND game, but it was average at best. He still struggles with ball placement at times. His downfield passing is very suspect. He is very good at checking down to Bell and Sims though.

Not much to say when you just make claims with no support. If you saw something different that's fine, but to me it was as comfortable as he's looked all year, with no support from the running game, against arguably the best defense he will see all year. He made a few big time throws that were dropped.

^daboyle250

Last edited by gl81 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
good game

with what maxwell showed today the B1G championship is definitely in our sights, though no one wants to hear that right now.

you mean being an average at best QB?

I know if I was 0-1 in the B1G, I would be setting my eyes on the Conference Championship game

Lol here comes the unwarranted negative posts. OSU was deserving of the W today, just stating that in spite of the disappointing loss there were positives and in a weak conference the goal is still in MSU's sights. Have to put this behind us, and the fact that we've now dropped two straight home games. Disappointing start.

I enjoyed the game for what is was..but to see how it ended & finding yourself at 3-2, I don't really think you should be checking around for Indy Hotel reservations.

only reason I found that response as laughable.

one point deficits bring out the Lulz with me though...so don't take me too seriously please
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan State brought it today. I expected nothing less. Like I said earlier, they always play OSU very tough in football and basketball.
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
buno67 wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Thank the refs Ohio St. Or our kicker.

oh yes since the refs helped OSUs defense hold MSU to 1.5 yards per attempt

Rolling Eyes

Your saying that blown fumble wasnt huge? Drummond clearly has the ball on his way for 6 with nobody in front of him. If your a ref why blow it dead??? If they do score it gets reviewed and you see it actually was a fumble and nothing happends. But instead you assume he was down and rob us of a touchdown. That was the changing point in this game. Your defense did play great but our defense should have won us that game. Either way you OSU fans or anybody else wont see that because you won the game and its impossible for anybody to say they are wrong on this site.

i dont see it as a blown call...IMO watching it happen to me it looked like the ground caused the ground. It was such a bang bang play IMO you cant blame the refs. Slowing it down you can see the ball coming out right before his forearm hits the ground but at game speed it happens so quick and no MSU defender around millers arm the ref is right to think the ground caused the fumble. its easy to see it when you have great camera angles but its tough getting clean looks as a ref.

but how sure are you that your defense would of stopped OSU from coming back and scoring after. When Miller fumbled the score was 17-13.
if they scope and score is 20-17 with 14minutes to play. a lot can happen with 14mins to play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also dont blame the refs for costing MSU the game, blame your WRs...the drops killed a lot of drives for MSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a tough call to make in real time but to act like it didn't have an affect on the game is wrong IMO.

At the end of the day we had our opportunity on the final drive and the OSU O-line did a great job on that last play.

^daboyle250
1King

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:

bold = false

Not much to say when you just make claims with no support. If you saw something different that's fine, but to me it was as comfortable as he's looked all year, with no support from the running game, against arguably the best defense he will see all year. He made a few big time throws that were dropped.

Rewatch the game and you'll have my support. It probably was as comfortable as he's looked all year (not sure about CMU game, as I didn't watch it), that doesn't mean he was comfortable though. Did he show signs of improvement? yes. But he was still average at best in that regard.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
It was a tough call to make in real time but to act like it didn't have an affect on the game is wrong IMO.

At the end of the day we had our opportunity on the final drive and the OSU O-line did a great job on that last play.

honestly there is nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

but with so much time left...is wasn't a game decider. game changer for sure though.
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the situation(drops from WRs, no running game), I thought he was pretty good.

^daboyle250
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:

no it would of affected the game, i agree on that but MSU fans are acting it was the be all end all play of the game.

its like they believe MSU scores on that fumble that MSUs defense would of shut down OSU for the last 14mins of the game...

they are assuming if they score on that fumble that they would stop Miller and the OSU offense.

you score on the fumble and Meyer changes his approach of the game. with the lead Meyer played conservative. If MSU scores, Meyer goes into attack mode. MSU scores to take the lead 13-10 and what does Meyer do? he attacks down field and we hit on a big pass play.

I just hate ppl assuming on plays left on the field would of overall decided the game. If points are put up on the board the entire game would change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: