Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ KC Chiefs (W5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many receptions will Cary Williams allow?
0!!!!!!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
1-3
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
4-6
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
7+
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
nevermore wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Sooo I had a scrimmage today for baseball, anyone want to sum up the game and why we only won by 3 points?

OL played bad, receivers dropped passes left and right, Flacco had no pocket awareness, and the D refused to tackle Jamaal Charles in the first half.

The Chiefs beat themselves today. To give you an example, Cassel fumbled a snap on 1st and Goal from the 1.

I saw the general highlights, didn't know about the WR's dropping passes.

Who played good and who played bad for us? Obviously Cary and Webb played good and our pass defense wasn't bad considering we held them under 100 yards passing, right?

I saw that the OL did horrible (mainly our two horrible tackles), and I just assumed Flacco sucked as well.

How was the play calling? No huddle? Spread? I-form-PA-2WRsgoingdeep?

It's hard to evaluate the pass-defense since the Chiefs threw the ball so little. When they did air it out I wasn't particularly impressed but it wasn't horrible either. The tipped interceptions Williams and Webb had were pretty generous.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

The Chiefs beat themselves today. To give you an example, Cassel fumbled a snap on 1st and Goal from the 1.

Only because we fumbled the kickoff. So it basically offset.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We as a fanbase complain waaaaaay too much after wins.

The defense was really hung out to dry with the offense failing in the no-huddle. They held strong with only 6 points allowed and they forced 4 turnovers (not counting a FF we couldn't control). I'm going to focus on that positive.

We adjusted well after the half and we able to at least slow down the running game. I felt like we were in control in the second half, although the scoring may not have reflected that much.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
I hate winning that ugly, but, hey, we're 4-1. I'm particularly proud of how our defense rebounded in the second half. Holding Charles to 15 yards on 10 carries was huge.

Speaking of which, him and that defense must be fed up with life right now. You can't ask any more of them.

Just want to add that we clearly won that game. Wasn't pretty, but we did what was needed to win (much to the chagrin of the CBS production team Smile ). Chiefs fans in Gen right now saying that the Ravens had no business winning that game. A salty bunch those Chiefs fans are.

Actually the Chiefs had no business winning that game by continuing to stick with #7 as long as possible. Just don't tell me you guys wouldn't be screaming bloody murder if you had not one, but 2 long pass plays called back because of picks called on your WR's like that. Neither one of them was seeking out a defender.

You guys forced one of those three TO's...the first INT, the DB got his hand in there, but that never would've happened if CAssel wasn't staring him down...we all saw a wide open TE in the middle of the field as Cassel threw that Mad

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say those picks didn't deserve to be called is ridiculous. And whether they were intentional or not is irrelevant.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'll take the win too. It's hard to win a road game in the NFL (the ravens have proven that). Arrowhead in particular is tough, regardless of whether the Chiefs are an inferior team.

The overall performance doesn't concern me for this week because I think most of us would agree that the problems that were present aren't things that will become a trend for us (I.e. poor run D and dropped passes by reliable targets).
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
I hate winning that ugly, but, hey, we're 4-1. I'm particularly proud of how our defense rebounded in the second half. Holding Charles to 15 yards on 10 carries was huge.

Speaking of which, him and that defense must be fed up with life right now. You can't ask any more of them.

Just want to add that we clearly won that game. Wasn't pretty, but we did what was needed to win (much to the chagrin of the CBS production team Smile ). Chiefs fans in Gen right now saying that the Ravens had no business winning that game. A salty bunch those Chiefs fans are.

Actually the Chiefs had no business winning that game by continuing to stick with #7 as long as possible. Just don't tell me you guys wouldn't be screaming bloody murder if you had not one, but 2 long pass plays called back because of picks called on your WR's like that. Neither one of them was seeking out a defender.

You guys forced one of those three TO's...the first INT, the DB got his hand in there, but that never would've happened if CAssel wasn't staring him down...we all saw a wide open TE in the middle of the field as Cassel threw that Mad

You have to be kidding. One of those was a full-on basketball-style pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like they had a direct effect on the catches that happened on those plays or anything...

Rolling Eyes

I think this was the Ravens least penalized game by far this season. So at least there's that (along with the win).
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: How has Haloti looked this year? I know you guys are struggling against the run and he was a big part the vaunted run D you've had in previous years. Has he struggled?

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
To say those picks didn't deserve to be called is ridiculous. And whether they were intentional or not is irrelevant.

If they're not intentional, then he's simply running a route and got hammered by your DB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

You have to be kidding. One of those was a full-on basketball-style pick.

Show me.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Question: How has Haloti looked this year? I know you guys are struggling against the run and he was a big part the vaunted run D you've had in previous years. Has he struggled?

No Ngata is playing some of the best football of his career. It's hard to tell what's really wrong with the run-defense. Losing Suggs and Johnson hurt but the defense isn't getting gashed around the edges. When it looks bad it's mostly runs up the middle.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

Ngata has been Ngata. No worries on his front.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

Ngata has been dominant. Like someone desrving of being called a top 10 overall player in the league.

I wouldn't say we are struggling in the run game. Bengals ran on us in the first half. Chiefs ran on us in the first half. Otherwise we've completely shut the run down.

Free Ray Rice
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

Where have you gathered that our run defense has been struggling?

We've allowed 592 yards on 164 carries for the year (3.6 YPC).

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: