Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouts Inc 7 round mock draft has the texans taking 1 tackle and 3 guards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Scouts Inc 7 round mock draft has the texans taking 1 tackle and 3 guards

Idiots....
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys the official thread is open. Keep using this one for mock drafts, and discussion on them. Use the official thread for rumors and general draft discussion.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com did their media mock draft and Rich Eisen picked Robert Woods over DeAndre Hopkins? How do you feel about that? I want Hopkins more than any player in the draft, but I wouldnt be mad if we passed on him for Woods. I like Woods also.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
NFL.com did their media mock draft and Rich Eisen picked Robert Woods over DeAndre Hopkins? How do you feel about that? I want Hopkins more than any player in the draft, but I wouldnt be mad if we passed on him for Woods. I like Woods also.

There is a group of 4 recievers (Hopkins, Woods, Hunter, and Williams) that as far as I'm concerned are basically equal. They bring their own strengths and weakness, but one is better than the other. Hunter I think has the highest ceiling among them, but also the lowest floor. Woods I think has the highest floor and a ceiling pretty much equal to the other 2. I wouldn't be upset with any of them, but if I had to rank them I'd go Woods, Hunter, Hopkins, Williams

#JDI
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

I'm kinda ehhhh on Woods, he's good but nothing about him just jumps out at me as special, he's average across the board at size, speed, production, hands, etc... I really like Hopkins better, he's got the height, weight, NFL ready body, arm length, hand size, and good speed though Woods is better there. I like how Hopkins catches the ball and uses his body to shield defenders and I like the comparisons to Anquan Boldin and Reggie Wayne.
biggio7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I'm kinda ehhhh on Woods, he's good but nothing about him just jumps out at me as special, he's average across the board at size, speed, production, hands, etc... I really like Hopkins better, he's got the height, weight, NFL ready body, arm length, hand size, and good speed though Woods is better there. I like how Hopkins catches the ball and uses his body to shield defenders and I like the comparisons to Anquan Boldin and Reggie Wayne.

I feel like the Texans would lean more towards Woods over Hopkins. I don't know why exactly, I just think Woods is more of a player the Texans would draft.

I adopted Brian Cushing for the 2013/14 season. Boom. Cush.
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I think you need to look at 2 years ago to see what Woods is really capable of. Last year he got slowed by an early leg injury and Marquis Lee took off. Barkley even has done interviews how the offense started going to heavily toward Lee. There was a reason he was talked as a top 10 WR coming into the year.

Woods has 4.45 speed. He's probably the best route runner in the draft and has good hands himself. Strength is going to be his weakness. And he is a bit small for my liking without the blazing speed to compensate.

The problem is that we have no one to take the top off of the defense. Andre can still do it at times, but he won't be able to for long and that really isn't his game anymore. Hopkins doesn't have that ability. Woods does. Williams would be the best for that specific trait.

#JDI
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I think you need to look at 2 years ago to see what Woods is really capable of. Last year he got slowed by an early leg injury and Marquis Lee took off. Barkley even has done interviews how the offense started going to heavily toward Lee. There was a reason he was talked as a top 10 WR coming into the year.

Woods has 4.45 speed. He's probably the best route runner in the draft and has good hands himself. Strength is going to be his weakness. And he is a bit small for my liking without the blazing speed to compensate.

The problem is that we have no one to take the top off of the defense. Andre can still do it at times, but he won't be able to for long and that really isn't his game anymore. Hopkins doesn't have that ability. Woods does. Williams would be the best for that specific trait.

This is the reason I'm leaning towards Woods. He has the speed to go deep, but he's amazing at the short/intermediate routes right now. He's so quick in and out of his breaks and is dangerous after the catch. The only real downside is that he's not "spectacular", but we just need someone right now who can take advantage of 1-on-1's and step in as the #2 WR right now. Woods can definitely be that guy.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

This is the reason I'm leaning towards Woods. He has the speed to go deep, but he's amazing at the short/intermediate routes right now. He's so quick in and out of his breaks and is dangerous after the catch. The only real downside is that he's not "spectacular", but we just need someone right now who can take advantage of 1-on-1's and step in as the #2 WR right now. Woods can definitely be that guy.

You don't get these types of prospects in the late 20's. The reason the good teams stay good, is that they draft the high floor guys and every once in a while those guys exceed expectations. I'm completely on board with Woods in the 1st right now, because the more I think about it, he wont be there in the 2nd.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im seeing LOTS of mocks having Patterson fall. If he is there when we're on the clock and we pass on him, I will be LIVID.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Im seeing LOTS of mocks having Patterson fall. If he is there when we're on the clock and we pass on him, I will be LIVID.

I heard an interview with him today, he doesn't seem like Texans material....
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Zeirlein is the one saying he may fall out of round 1. Hopefully the Texans FO put him up to it Cool
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson leads the top wide outs with a 4.2 drop rate this past season.

Quote:
The drop rate compares favorably to Keenan Allen (4.7 percent), Terrance Williams (5.8 percent), and especially Vols teammate Justin Hunter (12.1 percent).

2 former persons connected to tennessee (recruiting and a wr coach) think VERY highly of CP and said he is a coachs delight and is getting a bad rep for no reason.

The dude is legit IMO
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd McShay has lost all sense of having a brain

he has Nassib going #8 overall to the bills and get this: Luke Joeckel going #11 to the chargers and being the 3rd tackle taken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63

Jump to: