Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played around a little with the first-draft website and here is what I got:

Round 2 Pick 5 (CINN): John Jenkins, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 25: Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International (A)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CLE): Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (BUF): Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 21 (CINN): EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 27: Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas (B+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (CLE): Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford (C+)
Round 5 Pick 27: T.J. McDonald, FS, Southern California (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA (B-)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Brad Wing, P, LSU (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech (A)

This is based on needs before we signed Lechler
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are we doing the draft contest topic? I'm pretty interested in it this year.

Also, I've been working on a list of players who I genuinely feel fit the Texans' mold by position. Here's what I've got so far:

Quarterback:
- EJ Manuel, Florida State
- Mike Glennon, North Carolina State
- Matt Scott, Arizona

Wide Receiver:
- Robert Woods, Southern California
- Terrance Williams, Baylor
- Justin Hunter, Tennessee
- Chris Harper, Kansas State

Defensive Tackle:
- Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern
- Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin

Cornerback:
- Tyrann Mathieu, Louisiana State
- Sanders Commings, Georgia
- Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
- D.J. Hayden, Houston
- Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana

Safety:
- Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International

Obviously it's incomplete, but these are the guys I have a gut feeling on. Cyprien in particular reminds me of a rangier Glover Quin.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
When are we doing the draft contest topic? I'm pretty interested in it this year.

If your talking about the Predict the Pick contest, I think LORK88 usually starts that and your right it's time.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:

If your talking about the Predict the Pick contest, I think LORK88 usually starts that and your right it's time.

I'll post it later this week.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans draft caps this year. Not bad. Like them better than last year's.

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=20509756&csu=1574006&csm=415149531&csc=1573984&csa=470997630

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really have a dog in this hunt, but somebody needs to revoke this Nawrocki guy's press pass. If you recall, his MO is to get himself attention by singling out some highly regarded player and smear him with unsourced (aka fabricated) intel right before the draft. Last year, he was the epicenter of the Kendall Wright "body fat" bs "story" that was repeated as fact on this board and many others. Rest is itemized in article. He gained his credibility by correctly deeming Jamarcus Russell a bust, but if you defame every black QB by calling them dumb and lazy occasionally you will be right. Ryan Leaf & Jim Druckenmiller were too. You would think that we've evolved past this "black QB" nonsense, but we should get just as offended by inaccurate stereotypes like "slow white possession WR" as well. You know what - maybe Ryan Swope IS that fast folks.

[url]
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/nolan-nawrocki-geno-smith/[/url]

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
TexansFan23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
We don't really have a dog in this hunt, but somebody needs to revoke this Nawrocki guy's press pass. If you recall, his MO is to get himself attention by singling out some highly regarded player and smear him with unsourced (aka fabricated) intel right before the draft. Last year, he was the epicenter of the Kendall Wright "body fat" bs "story" that was repeated as fact on this board and many others. Rest is itemized in article. He gained his credibility by correctly deeming Jamarcus Russell a bust, but if you defame every black QB by calling them dumb and lazy occasionally you will be right. Ryan Leaf & Jim Druckenmiller were too. You would think that we've evolved past this "black QB" nonsense, but we should get just as offended by inaccurate stereotypes like "slow white possession WR" as well. You know what - maybe Ryan Swope IS that fast folks.

[url]

I noticed the scouting report, too. If you'll remember, he also believed Cam Newton had a "fake smile," whatever that means. He's been proven wrong on Newton and plenty of others, yet his reports still get him national attention. We can't really talk too much about the black QB/white WR thing, but it's a definite problem in the lower scouting ranks and with fans. Of course, a "real" scout is only going to care about how you play, but when we're part of a group of people who want to compare people to another, we're basing it on how they look as a player and not how they play as a player.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

[url]

I find it so ridiculous because he is the only one who thinks this. Everyone else says that he is a film nut, first in last out type of guy.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to get pumped for the draft. come on Patterson lmao no chance. but I would like hunter a lot.
Underwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Starting to get pumped for the draft. come on Patterson lmao no chance. but I would like hunter a lot.

I'm really starting to gravitate more towards D-Hop. I think Patterson is too raw and Hunter doesn't have the hands Hopkins does. I wouldn't shed any tears if we got any of them, however.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/joeckel-floyd-smith-manuel-among-players-to-attend-the-draft/

Why is EJ getting an invite?
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/joeckel-floyd-smith-manuel-among-players-to-attend-the-draft/

NFL may know something many of us don't Think

But I still don't think he would go until the end of the 1st round - if in the 1st round at all
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I know they've started inviting guys who will go early in the 2nd round; Mayhaps they think he's going to be taken there? Nonetheless, Manuel has been a polarizing figure in this all - there are some who see him as a 2nd or 3rd round guy, there are some who see him on the same level as Geno Smith and destined for a top 10 selection...

I can see something along the lines of what happened to Jake Locker - most had him as an early 2nd round guy, but one team valued him so much that they'd take him much earlier, fearing that he won't be there when they're up in the 2nd round. I think once Geno is off the board, there will be a mad dash to ensure they land Manuel as a consolation prize, because the rest of this QB class seems destined to be middle of the pack/bottom tier/backup QB material.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
I would prefer to trade into the early part of round 2 and pick up an extra pick, but if we stay put, I want Hopkins. Heís incredibly smart in his route running and knows how to set up DBs. He didnít have a great 40 time, but he runs so much faster than he timed. I have no doubts he can take advantage of the 1-on-1matchups heíll get playing opposite Andre.

2) David Amerson, FS, NC State
Amerson played safety in HS before switching over to corner, but I think he would be an awesome center-field type player at safety. He has awesome measurables and would add some much needed height to the secondary. Heíd also get the ability to learn behind Ed Reed while also filling in as the 3rd safety/nickel defender.

3) Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon
The only way I want to draft an ILB before day 3 is if they can make plays which is what Alonso is. Heís a three down player in the middle who would add more athleticism than we had last season. I donít think his previous off-field problems would happen again. If we wait until day 3, Iím fine drafting a thumper (Bostic, Johnson).

3) Michael Buchanan, OLB, Illinois (comp)
He had a down season, but thatís because he had his jaw wired shut for a week and he lost 20 pounds. He played next to Mercilus his junior and at times, looked just as good. If he can return to form, heíd be a solid backup OLB while he transitions to the position.

4) Bennie Logan, NT, LSU
He may not be massive, but he has experience at nose tackle and is deceptively athletic. He fits that athletic nose tackle that Wade is always looking for. It also doesnít hurt that heís a junior so on the young side with plenty of potential. He would make a great pairing with Mitchell and help lock down the nose tackle spot.

5) Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio St
He has very limited experience at tackle (1 starting season), but is incredibly athletic and would be a perfect fit for the ZBS. The fact that he made honorable mention All-Big 10 in only 1 year at the position goes to show his vast potential. It also doesnít hurt that heís a former tight end which is equivalent to gold for the Texans.

6) Quanterus Smith, OLB, WKU
Smith tore his ACL November 17th and still ended up with the most sacks in the nation. He had 3 sacks against Alabama and would be drafted so much higher if it wasnít for his injury. His measurable remain a mystery plus that fact that heís still recovering. If he is still around at this point, we could draft him and send him to the IR resort or PUP.

6) Jared Smith, DE, New Hampshire (comp)
I like Crick as our backup DE, but it scares me that we donít have much beyond that. Smith is a small school prospect with solid measureables and lots of hustle. He kind of reminds me of a much more talented Tim Bulman. I think he could help our special teams and also provide some key depth down the road.

7) Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska
Iíve always secretly been a Nebraska fan since my Dad is from there. As such, I got to see a Rex play a lot and he would be a steal in the 7th. He doesnít have a lot of straight-line speed, but he has awesome lateral quickness and would a perfect fit in the ZBS. He has deceptive hands out of the backfield and is a high character guy as well.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

[url]

I agree that the guy is horrid, but I don't think it's a race thing. IIRC he was REALLY high on Vince Young.

And frankly I got the same vibe off Cam Newton just from the interviews he was given. He seemed very fake to me, too, and that whole wanting to be an "icon" stuff really turned me off.

I disagree with him on Geno though.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 51 of 63

Jump to: