Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McShay released his mock 4.0 today and its a 2 rounder. He has us selecting Hopkins at 27 and Jesse Williams at 57. I'd be down with that with the possibility of trading up higher in the 3rd to take a S

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
McShay released his mock 4.0 today and its a 2 rounder. He has us selecting Hopkins at 27 and Jesse Williams at 57. I'd be down with that with the possibility of trading up higher in the 3rd to take a S

Jesse Williams at 57? I'd be besides myself if that played out. Williams is a fringe 1st rounder, a perfect NT with 3-4 experience and inhuman strength. Placing him next to Watt and Smith would be disastrous for opposing QBs.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Jesse Williams at 57? I'd be besides myself if that played out. Williams is a fringe 1st rounder, a perfect NT with 3-4 experience and inhuman strength. Placing him next to Watt and Smith would be disastrous for opposing QBs.

Especially after the combine and pro day he had? Yeah that would be a no brainer for us. I would love both picks if Williams fall to us in round 2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one who thinks we can do better than DeAndre Hopkins in the first round? He's got inconsistent hands

LORK88
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks we can do better than DeAndre Hopkins in the first round? He's got inconsistent hands

My problem with Hopkins is his explosion and athleticism.....his hands and route running is good. But IMO we really needs play makers.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

Inconsistent? He has some of the best hands in the draft. I'm not worried about his athleticism. He is more athletic coming out than Anquan Boldin was when he came out and you see how Boldin is doing in the NFL. I just hope Hopkins gets better as a blocker since thats a crucial part to our offense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

Inconsistent? He has some of the best hands in the draft. I'm not worried about his athleticism. He is more athletic coming out than Anquan Boldin was when he came out and you see how Boldin is doing in the NFL. I just hope Hopkins gets better as a blocker since thats a crucial part to our offense.

Hopkins has pretty incredible hands. Like any receiver, he'll drop some passes, but he's pretty clutch. In terms of explosion and athleticism, I would have to ask you how much you've watched him play. I watched nearly every game this year, and 5-6 Clemson games last year, and it never seemed like an issue. I think Tavon Austin and Goodwin running so fast made some forget that 4.5 is still fast. I watched Keenan Allen and Quinton Patton again today, and they both had some surprisingly capable YAC as well.

In terms of doing better than Hopkins, I think he's definitely a top 5 WR, and I'd rather have him over Austin. I'm assuming Patterson, Austin, and Allen will be gone by the time we're on the board, which leaves us Hunter and Hopkins as the likely "1st round WRs"; Patton, Woods, and Williams as the "2nd round WRs". Hunter and Hopkins are pretty close. I think Hopkins is a more polished route runner, gets better separation, and is better at finding holes in zone coverage. Hunter is better at blocking, has a height/leaping advantage, and has more speed. I think they are about even in terms of deep speed, YAC, and in the redzone.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

Hopkins has pretty incredible hands. Like any receiver, he'll drop some passes, but he's pretty clutch. In terms of explosion and athleticism, I would have to ask you how much you've watched him play. I watched nearly every game this year, and 5-6 Clemson games last year, and it never seemed like an issue. I think Tavon Austin and Goodwin running so fast made some forget that 4.5 is still fast. I watched Keenan Allen and Quinton Patton again today, and they both had some surprisingly capable YAC as well.

In terms of doing better than Hopkins, I think he's definitely a top 5 WR, and I'd rather have him over Austin. I'm assuming Patterson, Austin, and Allen will be gone by the time we're on the board, which leaves us Hunter and Hopkins as the likely "1st round WRs"; Patton, Woods, and Williams as the "2nd round WRs". Hunter and Hopkins are pretty close. I think Hopkins is a more polished route runner, gets better separation, and is better at finding holes in zone coverage. Hunter is better at blocking, has a height/leaping advantage, and has more speed. I think they are about even in terms of deep speed, YAC, and in the redzone.

You quoted the wrong person. AmazingAndre was the one who said he was worried about Hopkin's athleticism and explosion. Hopkins is very athletic. He can go and get the ball in the air and that would be useful considering how weak Schaub's arm is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

You quoted the wrong person. AmazingAndre was the one who said he was worried about Hopkin's athleticism and explosion. Hopkins is very athletic. He can go and get the ball in the air and that would be useful considering how weak Schaub's arm is.

Touche'!
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
I watched nearly every game this year, and 5-6 Clemson games last year....

Since you have watched many Clemson games, thoughts on Jaron Brown?
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Especially after the combine and pro day he had? Yeah that would be a no brainer for us. I would love both picks if Williams fall to us in round 2.

I wouldn't be too upset if we took Williams there, but Cyprien's upside sure would be tempting and he'll be playing 95% of snaps in 2 years while Williams will never play more than 40% as he is strictly a run stuffer.

Where the heck did McShay pull Christine Michael as #2 RB off the board out of? I think he's just reaching to find a character problem for Cinn. Dude makes Kijana Carter look durable and couldn't beat out Ben Malena for snaps last year. That being said, I wouldn't complain if the Texans grabbed him in the 4th...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
I watched nearly every game this year, and 5-6 Clemson games last year....

Since you have watched many Clemson games, thoughts on Jaron Brown?

Unfortunately I didn't notice him much. He wasn't very productive. Sorry Sad
houstonX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the thoughts on Aaron Dobson?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:

Being a fan of a CUSA(Now Big East) school and having seeing him play I like him as a WR. He has the perfect size and he has strong hands, and he can make routine one handed catches also. You probably seen his 1 handed grab he made against ECU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0

He doesnt get much separation though and he isnt that fast, but he would make a pretty good possession number 2 WR if he pans out. I see him going in the early to mid round 3 range.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
houstonX wrote:

Being a fan of a CUSA(Now Big East) school and having seeing him play I like him as a WR. He has the perfect size and he has strong hands, and he can make routine one handed catches also. You probably seen his 1 handed grab he made against ECU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0

He doesnt get much separation though and he isnt that fast, but he would make a pretty good possession number 2 WR if he pans out. I see him going in the early to mid round 3 range.

Stats are in your favor: https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/317484706142752769/photo/1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 50 of 63

Jump to: