Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ive been looking at projections for Comp picks and most have us getting an extra 3rd and 6th

those would be huge for us. we would have the picks needed to trade up into the 2nd round or 1st round if we chose to. we could package our 2nd and 3rd and move into the top of the 2nd round and still have a 3rd

lots of options. either way, we need as many 3-5 rounders as possible simply to improve our special teams and our depth

Can't trade comp picks.

I think he's thinking of trading the normal picks and still having a third round pick because of the comp. If we get multiple comp picks, trading of our original picks I think becomes more likely if only to consolidate their value. This is predicated on getting good comp picks though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ive been looking at projections for Comp picks and most have us getting an extra 3rd and 6th

those would be huge for us. we would have the picks needed to trade up into the 2nd round or 1st round if we chose to. we could package our 2nd and 3rd and move into the top of the 2nd round and still have a 3rd

lots of options. either way, we need as many 3-5 rounders as possible simply to improve our special teams and our depth

Can't trade comp picks.

What he's suggesting is trade our original 2nd and 3rd for an early 2nd or maybe llate 1st. Which would still leave us with our 1st, a new acquired 1st/2nd and our comp 3rd

thats what i was referring to

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want a first round WR, why not sign victor Cruz?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Agreed.

But money is probably a problem if they don't restructure some contracts.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

with what, monopoly money?
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Wait, can we do that?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Wait, can we do that?

if so, I have credit card monopoly, lets max that out!!!
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

RT is an issue too, let's sign Jake Long.

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

RT is an issue too, let's sign Jake Long.

Laughing I died.

Yeah, we can forget about Cruz and Long. Getting Cruz on FFMD was good though. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/07/draft-buzz-builds-around-e-j-manuel/

Noooooooooo

I'm guessing you really wanted him for the Texans in the 2nd round. Look on the bright side though if he goes high then he pushes another quality pick down lower to us.

It could also potentially give us a trading partner so we can move in to round 2 and scoop up extra picks. Right now I really want us to trade down to right around 35-40 range and take either Hopkins or Patton.

Hypothetically, IF we traded down from #27 to 35ish, realistically what could we get for such a trade? Could we gain an early 3rd as well, or have to settle for a 4th?
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/07/draft-buzz-builds-around-e-j-manuel/

Noooooooooo

I'm guessing you really wanted him for the Texans in the 2nd round. Look on the bright side though if he goes high then he pushes another quality pick down lower to us.

It could also potentially give us a trading partner so we can move in to round 2 and scoop up extra picks. Right now I really want us to trade down to right around 35-40 range and take either Hopkins or Patton.

Hypothetically, IF we traded down from #27 to 35ish, realistically what could we get for such a trade? Could we gain an early 3rd as well, or have to settle for a 4th?

If we traded into the 2nd from pick 27, I'd want us to throw in our third and fourth and take their 2nd and next year's 1st.
treece300e

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Noooooooooo

If we traded into the 2nd from pick 27, I'd want us to throw in our third and fourth and take their 2nd and next year's 1st.

While it may be a little antiquated, the draft pick Trade Value Chart would indicate that our #27 pick is worth 680 points, while the #42 and #74 pick would equate to 700 points. So according to that chart, we could trade to the #10-13 pick. Tampa Bay and Buffalo would probably be the most likely trade partners. Buffalo really needs an WLB, and they could use Jarvis Jones who could play a position similar to Von Miller in their scheme. Still a bit of a reach though. QB is also a possibility, if any of this year's "good" QBs fall like Glennon or Barkley, Buffalo may be willing to trade up. The only problem is that Denver follows us, and they don't really need a QB. NE may be thinking about a QB, but I doubt they'll take one in the first.
kidnextdoor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. Patterson looks like he will fall to 27 I hope we don't draft him... Austin and Allen will be gone by then..... Hunter hopefully wont, I think he is worth our 27 pick, if he is not there then we draft K. Short or trade out of the first to get as many 2nd and 3rd rounders.... don't think that Hopkins is worth a 1st round pick would be happy to spend the 57th pick on him though...
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidnextdoor wrote:
C. Patterson looks like he will fall to 27 I hope we don't draft him... Austin and Allen will be gone by then..... Hunter hopefully wont, I think he is worth our 27 pick, if he is not there then we draft K. Short or trade out of the first to get as many 2nd and 3rd rounders.... don't think that Hopkins is worth a 1st round pick would be happy to spend the 57th pick on him though...

I dont see Patterson falling that far
Underwood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidnextdoor wrote:

I hope Patterson doesn't fall that far. As far as receivers go, I'm all aboard the Hunter train.

Sig by Eaglezphan21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 42 of 63

Jump to: