Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my latest mock

Round 1 - So after intense investigation, (based on Patterson being picked earlier and Austin being too similar to Martin) I think I have narrowed down the list to 2 guys, for me. Justin Hunter or Deandre Hopkins. I prefer Hunter (becasue he has bigger play ability) but am perfectly fine with Hopkins. Both are good sized athletes with superb hands. Hunter is more athletic while Hopkins is a better route runner. Either would do wonders for our offense.

Round 2 - Brandon Jenkins, OLB. A first round player who suffered a lisfranc injury in their season opener. He is fully healed and he showed athleticism at the combine. He should fall to round 2 based on other talents and the fact he hasn't played football in a year, but make no mistake about it, he is a pass rushing machine. Would work nicely with Bawrin and Mercilus, allowing Reed to move to ILB, which I am in favor of because this years draft lacks luster for ILBs IMO.

Round 3 - Sylvester Williams, NT. Big, strong, quick first step. He is almost as athletic as Mitchel (except 40 time) but he is much stronger (especially in the lower body). He will help stop being pushed around in the middle. His run defense is great and he can reset the line of scrimmage. His powerful first step helps with qb pressure as well. May not last this long.

Round 3 (compensatory) - Shawn Williams, SS. Here is my plan. This guy is very physical and a good athlete (not great). But is he smart and can help us right away as a 3rd safety. Make him learn Quin's role and allow Quin to play deep and cover more. When a safety is in the box allow Williams to be that man because he is great at it. When he is has to cover deep he can get fooled on PA passes. Quin (if made to stay deep or cover) is good enough to stop us from getting killed over the top. The problem was when Demps or Keo had to play we would get burned.

Round 4 - Matt Scott qb. Athletic, accurate and very tough. Needs to refine a few skills but should compete for Yates right away and should knock Keenum off the roster. Between him and Yates they should be able to push Schaub.

Round 5 - Hugh Thornton OG. Big, athletic, strong. He can toss guys around and this is what we are missing in the middle. Im tired of NTs pushing back our line. We have been getting bigger guys to play inside and the trend continues. He is versatile as well and this is a big plus for Gary. This would be our best pick IMO.

Round 6 - Ryan Allen P. If we don't draft him we're stupid. Could be the greatest college punter ever, only 2 time Ray Guy award winner EVER. Let him and Bullock lock down our k/p situation for the next decade.

Round 7 - Mike James RB. Still one of my favorite sleepers. He is powerful and good hands. He would fit in well with our ZBS team and could replace that power we get from Tate. I would love for us to draft James.

Go ahead, rip it apart Very Happy
Marco79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio Smith said that he would be the butt of all jokes for 2-3 years if they (or whoever) draft him. Laughing

I would also love to hear the jokes. They probably will be hilarious.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Round 6 - Ryan Allen P. If we don't draft him we're stupid. Could be the greatest college punter ever, only 2 time Ray Guy award winner EVER. Let him and Bullock lock down our k/p situation for the next decade.

Your draft pick thoughts are yours so no need to rip them apart.

But Daniel Sepulveda out of some school in Wacko.... er, uuhhh.. I mean Waco, Texas won the award 2X as well. Allen is the only punter to win it 2X in a row (so far). I am waiting for all of the Bears fans to wake from their hibernation and growl that. (Looking at you JH & Apollo Laughing)

That being said, I was a supporter of Ryan's as our long-term punter, but he did one of those regional combines and just stunk up the place. There were some no name punters who were getting better hang time and placement. I think I'm still on board with bringing him as the punter tho.

Last edited by jch1911 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Underwood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

You know, there may be guys I would rather have here and there, but this is solid. I'd be okay with this draft. I like Hunter a little better than Hopkins as well.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'll try to mock it up a bit:

1. Terrance Williams (WR, Baylor): Honestly, either Williams, Hopkins, Hunter or Woods would make me estatic here. Their differences are nominal at best, they're all pretty much the same type of WR. Williams needs a bit of refining in regards to the NFL style of route running and playcalling, but has the most upside of the four. Woods is probably the most "pro ready" of them all, don't let last season at USC fool you too much. Hunter is a bigger big play threat, but he needs to eat a few sandwiches, because 196 at 6' 4" is just too skinny. Hopkins is the best all around guy of the bunch, but probably doesn't project to be much better than he already is. I wouldn't cringe TOO much at someone such as Ryan Swope here, but I'd place Swope slightly behind these four names at the spot.

2. David Amerson (CB/S, NC State) I honestly see him going higher now that he ran a very good 40 time, but if he's here...get him, ASAP. 17 INTs over the past two years, good for 288 yards and 3 TDs? That is a playmaker, just a monster for the ball. I don't care what level of competetion he's playing, averaging close to 9 INTs a year is unheard of. If Amerson is gone (could be, but who knows...lotta top end players at CB this year it seems) then look for Jesse Williams, NT out of Alabama. Not a penetrator in the vein of a Kawann Short, but a stout body who could start from day one.

3a. Kiko Alonzo (LB, Oregon) Guy reminds me a lot of James Laurinitis for the Rams; Not the most athletic guy when wearing shorts and some Under Armour, but has a knack for breaking down a play on the snap of the ball and gets himself in position to make a play on all downs. He'd be a great addition to the ILB unit; Put he and Cushing there at the ILB spot, find some vet depth and ILB is knocked out as a need.

3b. Gavin Escobar (TE, San Diego St) One guy who was hurt by his combine performance as well as the emergence of some combine stars at the position is Escobar, but his on field production can't be overlooked; 17 TDs over the past three years as a secondary option is a nice number, and a need for a team that just can't get it done in the RZ. Escobar should be in immediate contention for one of the two spots at TE (both starter and #2, because I think OD needs to earn his money from TC onwards...)

4. Brandon Williams (NT, Missouri Southern St) Honestly? Despite being from a small school, I doubt Williams makes it this far...but if he does, get him. At 6' 3" and 325, the guy is roughly the same size as Earl Mitchell...and while it is against D2 standard competetion, the man was a machine, with 52 career TFLs and 25.5 sacks in a four year career. The numbers come against sub standard players, but it points to him being a scary penetrator and someone who can close on the QB. In the 4th, with Mitchell slated to start, why not take a chance on him and see if he pans out?

5. John Simon (DE/OLB, Ohio State University) A small 4-3 DE in college, someone who didn't really stand out among DEs or OLBs in the combine, Simon has always been an effort player, someone who didn't have tools to be an elite player at the spot, but made up for it with some smarts and a fierce mindset. A productive player in college, yet his lack of any athletic gifts would get him to drop some, which could be well for us. Could be that 3/4 OLB that we have on the roster, ready to come in and make plays when needed.

6. Vinston Painter (OT, Virginia Tech) Late round flyer on an athletic OT with long arms and good movement. Could be worse.

7. Dave Kruger (NT, Utah) Big bodied DT who can play NT or DE in our setup. Not a world beater, but a hard nosed guy, the type the Texans like.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

1. Terrance Williams (WR, Baylor): Honestly, either Williams, Hopkins, Hunter or Woods would make me estatic here. Their differences are nominal at best, they're all pretty much the same type of WR. Williams needs a bit of refining in regards to the NFL style of route running and playcalling, but has the most upside of the four. Woods is probably the most "pro ready" of them all, don't let last season at USC fool you too much. Hunter is a bigger big play threat, but he needs to eat a few sandwiches, because 196 at 6' 4" is just too skinny. Hopkins is the best all around guy of the bunch, but probably doesn't project to be much better than he already is. I wouldn't cringe TOO much at someone such as Ryan Swope here, but I'd place Swope slightly behind these four names at the spot.

2. David Amerson (CB/S, NC State) I honestly see him going higher now that he ran a very good 40 time, but if he's here...get him, ASAP. 17 INTs over the past two years, good for 288 yards and 3 TDs? That is a playmaker, just a monster for the ball. I don't care what level of competetion he's playing, averaging close to 9 INTs a year is unheard of. If Amerson is gone (could be, but who knows...lotta top end players at CB this year it seems) then look for Jesse Williams, NT out of Alabama. Not a penetrator in the vein of a Kawann Short, but a stout body who could start from day one.

3a. Kiko Alonzo (LB, Oregon) Guy reminds me a lot of James Laurinitis for the Rams; Not the most athletic guy when wearing shorts and some Under Armour, but has a knack for breaking down a play on the snap of the ball and gets himself in position to make a play on all downs. He'd be a great addition to the ILB unit; Put he and Cushing there at the ILB spot, find some vet depth and ILB is knocked out as a need.

3b. Gavin Escobar (TE, San Diego St) One guy who was hurt by his combine performance as well as the emergence of some combine stars at the position is Escobar, but his on field production can't be overlooked; 17 TDs over the past three years as a secondary option is a nice number, and a need for a team that just can't get it done in the RZ. Escobar should be in immediate contention for one of the two spots at TE (both starter and #2, because I think OD needs to earn his money from TC onwards...)

4. Brandon Williams (NT, Missouri Southern St) Honestly? Despite being from a small school, I doubt Williams makes it this far...but if he does, get him. At 6' 3" and 325, the guy is roughly the same size as Earl Mitchell...and while it is against D2 standard competetion, the man was a machine, with 52 career TFLs and 25.5 sacks in a four year career. The numbers come against sub standard players, but it points to him being a scary penetrator and someone who can close on the QB. In the 4th, with Mitchell slated to start, why not take a chance on him and see if he pans out?

5. John Simon (DE/OLB, Ohio State University) A small 4-3 DE in college, someone who didn't really stand out among DEs or OLBs in the combine, Simon has always been an effort player, someone who didn't have tools to be an elite player at the spot, but made up for it with some smarts and a fierce mindset. A productive player in college, yet his lack of any athletic gifts would get him to drop some, which could be well for us. Could be that 3/4 OLB that we have on the roster, ready to come in and make plays when needed.

6. Vinston Painter (OT, Virginia Tech) Late round flyer on an athletic OT with long arms and good movement. Could be worse.

7. Dave Kruger (NT, Utah) Big bodied DT who can play NT or DE in our setup. Not a world beater, but a hard nosed guy, the type the Texans like.

I love everything about this draft except that I want us drafting more than one WR, DB, and LB. (Yes, I want 6 picks spent in three positions).
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Looking at todd McShays latest mock draft, i think i would be upset to taking Hunter from Tenn, and even more upset over passing up Teo...i know a lot of guys have questions about him, but come on, he is worth a late first round pick

the only 2 things separating him from top 10 status is a poor 40 time and a bad national championship game. Im willing to bet he runs faster at his pro day, and the entire notre dame team forgot to show up. They werent simply that much worse than Bama

the fake girlfriend thing is so stupid i cant believe we are spending football hours talking about it

Teo isn't even close to a 1st round pick. I wouldn't touch him at all because he's either an idiot or liar, but putting the whole catfishing thing aside he's not good and maybe a 3rd round pick at best. Did you even watch him at the Combine? He's slow, stiff, non athletic, and looked terrible in drills. Teo is the product of a Notre Dame hype machine. Also he looked terrible in the biggest game of his life so far against Alabama, where he should have been at his best. He looks like a guy that can play 4-3 MLB, where he can focus on playing the run, but he's not a 3-4 ILB at all.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

I love everything about this draft except that I want us drafting more than one WR, DB, and LB. (Yes, I want 6 picks spent in three positions).

I'm still trying to feel out what comp picks we get. I'm nearly certain that Williams will net us a 3rd (I'd be shocked if it didn't, actually) but there's bound to be picks to be had for Mike Breisel, Jason Allen and Joel Dreessen, three players who cashed in with other teams and saw some PT (in the case of money Mikey B, a full 16 game starter at G).

Depends on how many comp picks we get, as well as where they fall. If we end up with a glut of 6th rounders, I see us taking a few flyers on some boom/bust guys at a few spots (Sam McGuffie is probably friends with Kubiak's son, so he should get some heavy consideration SOMEWHERE in this draft...)

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Path to the draft did "On the clock" for the Texans.

They had Pancakes on and he said people can forget about us taking a ILB in round 1, and that we will look for a WR to pair with Andre, and we won't be active in free agency other than trying to resign our guys.

Tannebaum and Jerimiah suggested us signing Jared Cook and Donnie Avery for our offense, and looking at Nassib and Melikik Watson in the draft.

On defense they suggested Sylvester Williams, Xavier Rhodes, and Matt Elam (if we lose Quin) in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
my latest mock

Round 1 - So after intense investigation, (based on Patterson being picked earlier and Austin being too similar to Martin) I think I have narrowed down the list to 2 guys, for me. Justin Hunter or Deandre Hopkins. I prefer Hunter (becasue he has bigger play ability) but am perfectly fine with Hopkins. Both are good sized athletes with superb hands. Hunter is more athletic while Hopkins is a better route runner. Either would do wonders for our offense.

Round 2 - Brandon Jenkins, OLB. A first round player who suffered a lisfranc injury in their season opener. He is fully healed and he showed athleticism at the combine. He should fall to round 2 based on other talents and the fact he hasn't played football in a year, but make no mistake about it, he is a pass rushing machine. Would work nicely with Bawrin and Mercilus, allowing Reed to move to ILB, which I am in favor of because this years draft lacks luster for ILBs IMO.

Round 3 - Sylvester Williams, NT. Big, strong, quick first step. He is almost as athletic as Mitchel (except 40 time) but he is much stronger (especially in the lower body). He will help stop being pushed around in the middle. His run defense is great and he can reset the line of scrimmage. His powerful first step helps with qb pressure as well. May not last this long.

Round 3 (compensatory) - Shawn Williams, SS. Here is my plan. This guy is very physical and a good athlete (not great). But is he smart and can help us right away as a 3rd safety. Make him learn Quin's role and allow Quin to play deep and cover more. When a safety is in the box allow Williams to be that man because he is great at it. When he is has to cover deep he can get fooled on PA passes. Quin (if made to stay deep or cover) is good enough to stop us from getting killed over the top. The problem was when Demps or Keo had to play we would get burned.

Round 4 - Matt Scott qb. Athletic, accurate and very tough. Needs to refine a few skills but should compete for Yates right away and should knock Keenum off the roster. Between him and Yates they should be able to push Schaub.

Round 5 - Hugh Thornton OG. Big, athletic, strong. He can toss guys around and this is what we are missing in the middle. Im tired of NTs pushing back our line. We have been getting bigger guys to play inside and the trend continues. He is versatile as well and this is a big plus for Gary. This would be our best pick IMO.

Round 7 - Mike James RB. Still one of my favorite sleepers. He is powerful and good hands. He would fit in well with our ZBS team and could replace that power we get from Tate. I would love for us to draft James.

1. Hopkins/Hunter, I completely agree here. Either is a massive upgrade from what we currently have and both fit the team but in different ways. Great pick.
2. Jenkins, I like the player but think we've got bigger issues than OLB depth here.
3. Williams, great player and pick but I'd switch Jenkins and Williams picks. Williams is listed as a 3rd rounder but I've seen him in the 1st round of many mocks lately. 2nd Williams and then 3rd Jenkins, seems more realistic.
3b. Williams, not familiar with him so I'll have to trust you.
4. Scott, I don't see that he offers anything more than Yates does.
5. Thornton, love this pick, he's 5th in my latest mock as well.
6. Allen, another great pick. I agree on solidifying the P position for year to come.
7. James, I just don't see the need for a late round RB yet, I'd rather double dip and take another WR with potential here. Marquess Wilson, once a 2nd round prospect, low risk/high reward prospect.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been refraining from posting a mock, until the comp picks get released in about 3 weeks

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what the heck Laughing

1. WR DeAndre Hopkins: I expect a couple of WR's to go ahead of us (Patterson, Allen) when we select, so we have to go WR early. Hopkins is perfect for our offense with his route running, blocking and sure hands. Schaub and Andre will be happy.

2. NT Sylvester Williams: Wide body who is quick off the snap and can get in the backfield. Only problem I have with him is that his motor is off and on. If he can play with the same intensity as a guy like JJ Watt he can be a good player in the NFL. (we might have to trade up for him)

3. OLB Jamie Collins: Seem him play tons of times. Could go higher than this spot, but if we lose Barwin to free agency we will need another OLB to go in the rotation behind Mercilus and Reed. Collins is still developing as a pass rusher, but he has the size and length to develop into a very good pass rusher.

4. OG Brian Winters: Perfect fit for the ZBS

5. ILB Nico Johnson: Johnson would be a perfect for for our defense. He is familiar playing the 3/4 when he was at Alabama, and even though he didn't start every game for Bama (due to the fact that they are stacked with talent) he was still a contributor on their team and he made plays for them.

6. P Ryan Allen: Donnie Jones was "OK" last season for us, but we only signed him to a 1 year deal. Allen constantly placed the ball inside the 20 while he was at LA Tech. They could battle for the punter job in training camp.

7. RB Theo Riddick: RB isn't a need for us, but I think if Forsett isnt resigned we will draft one. Reddick has experience at both RB and as a slot receiver, and he has nice cut back ability with is key for our offense.

Go ahead, fire away!

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Oh what the heck Laughing

1. WR DeAndre Hopkins: I expect a couple of WR's to go ahead of us (Patterson, Allen) when we select, so we have to go WR early. Hopkins is perfect for our offense with his route running, blocking and sure hands. Schaub and Andre will be happy.

2. NT Sylvester Williams: Wide body who is quick off the snap and can get in the backfield. Only problem I have with him is that his motor is off and on. If he can play with the same intensity as a guy like JJ Watt he can be a good player in the NFL. (we might have to trade up for him)

3. OLB Jamie Collins: Seem him play tons of times. Could go higher than this spot, but if we lose Barwin to free agency we will need another OLB to go in the rotation behind Mercilus and Reed. Collins is still developing as a pass rusher, but he has the size and length to develop into a very good pass rusher.

4. OG Brian Winters: Perfect fit for the ZBS

5. ILB Nico Johnson: Johnson would be a perfect for for our defense. He is familiar playing the 3/4 when he was at Alabama, and even though he didn't start every game for Bama (due to the fact that they are stacked with talent) he was still a contributor on their team and he made plays for them.

6. P Ryan Allen: Donnie Jones was "OK" last season for us, but we only signed him to a 1 year deal. Allen constantly placed the ball inside the 20 while he was at LA Tech. They could battle for the punter job in training camp.

7. RB Theo Riddick: RB isn't a need for us, but I think if Forsett isnt resigned we will draft one. Reddick has experience at both RB and as a slot receiver, and he has nice cut back ability with is key for our offense.

Go ahead, fire away!

Laughing

JMO:
1. Hopkins is a great pick for the Texans, very pro ready in his routes and body with great hands, he just makes so much sense for us.
2. Williams, this might take some luck because he could easily be gone by #57. If available he's a great pick.
3. Collins, I don't know much about him but he's got great size and speed for the position, should be good depth. He might take a year to develop but another very good pick.
4. Winters, another guy that I don't know anything about, I like Hugh Thornton-OG here.
5. Johnson, also great size for the position and a guy that might take a year to develop but if available this late he could be a very good pick.
6. Allen, another A+
7. I just don't see the need for a late round RB yet, I'd prefer a late round double dip at WR or a CB with some potential since you haven't addressed the secondary yet.

Overall very good draft, if it fell this way I'd be happy. Use that expected comp. 3rd on a quality FS or CB.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 didn't critique my draft. Sad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've needed another WR going back as far as the jacoby jones pick and we haven't taken one in the first round yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 40 of 63

Jump to: