Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I personally think Patton isnt better than Terrence Williams, and DeAndre Hopkins and you can make a case for Justin Hunter also even with his injury problem.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Thanks!

I personally think Patton isnt better than Terrence Williams, and DeAndre Hopkins and you can make a case for Justin Hunter also even with his injury problem.

Like i've said before, as I evaluate the prospects personally there's A LOT of prospects in that 2nd to 3rd tier with the top 10-15 picks being the 1st tier so the talent drop off between the mid 1st round and through the 2nd and possibly 3rd is minimal.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if Teo is sitting there for the Texans at #27 considering Cushing is coming off ACL injury and in last year of his contract. What would you do?

IMO, There are 2 guys that I would pick if they are sitting at 27. Teo or Lane johnson.

Take in consideration that those 2 guys may slide to the Texans pick.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
canyon1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty I would take TEO with the intent that we are planning on resigning Cushing still... Put two animals in the middle of our defense and let them go to town. Cush would still be our leader. Always good to give an animal a bash brother lol... If Lane Johnson is there also I would have to settle with which ever they decieded bec both men would be good options.. If it were up to me i would go Johnson just because our offense needs help badly. Take Lane in the first and WR in the second then the rest of the way you go defense ...
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
So if Teo is sitting there for the Texans at #27 considering Cushing is coming off ACL injury and in last year of his contract. What would you do?

IMO, There are 2 guys that I would pick if they are sitting at 27. Teo or Lane johnson.

Take in consideration that those 2 guys may slide to the Texans pick.

I want no part of Teo, the guy is either an idiot, liar, or both and I want no part of all the drama that is going to surround this guy when drafted. Also I'm not sure if the homosexual rumors are true or not, but I'm sure the NFL security guys will find out, another reason to not want him in our club house. Also I think Teo got exposed in the National Championship game, he has a hard time getting off blocks to make the play and IMO is overrated. He's good against the run but I don't want a run stuffing thumper at ILB, I want a sideline to sideline player that's good in pass coverage on TE's and RB's while still able to play the run. Also while I like Lane Johnson talent, I think there are bigger holes to fill than backup OT. Newton will be the starter next season at RT. I'd much rather fill either NT or WR in the 1st round, or possibly even CB depending on player value and who might fall to us.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd draft Teo in a heartbeat at 27. He might not be the linebacker you'd want to have in the game on 4th and 1, but if used properly he could be a transcendent player in certain situations. There might not be a linebacker in the league more capable in pass defense.

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I'd draft Teo in a heartbeat at 27. He might not be the linebacker you'd want to have in the game on 4th and 1, but if used properly he could be a transcendent player in certain situations. There might not be a linebacker in the league more capable in pass defense.

I don't see Te'o as being anywhere near the cover guy that Ogletree or Porter are.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo is like Ryan's. we cut him so why grab him again?
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nightmare that we drafted Rodney Smith, WR out of Florida State, in the 1st round. I don't think I've ever dreamed about football before.

Also I am becoming more enamored with Kenny Vacarro if he falls to us in the 1st. Not a great tackler, but a perfect dime back for our packages, as he can play both safety and corner.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Their strengths are very different. Ryans had ridiculous lateral range and could shed blocks really easily to rack up tackles in the run game. Ryans absorbed tackles like a sponge but didn't really make plays in the backfield or in coverage. Luke Kuechly is a good comp. Teo is a playmaker who will live in the backfield and make plays in coverage; hes more of a vertical player than Ryans is.

I think it's amazing how far Teo fell with one crappy game and a scandal where he did nothing remotely close to illegal, was just a bonehead. He was definitely overrated in December, but some team is going to get great value out of him.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Their strengths are very different. Ryans had ridiculous lateral range and could shed blocks really easily to rack up tackles in the run game. Ryans absorbed tackles like a sponge but didn't really make plays in the backfield or in coverage. Luke Kuechly is a good comp. Teo is a playmaker who will live in the backfield and make plays in coverage; hes more of a vertical player than Ryans is.

I think it's amazing how far Teo fell with one crappy game and a scandal where he did nothing remotely close to illegal, was just a bonehead. He was definitely overrated in December, but some team is going to get great value out of him.

IMO they are similar players. Neither were superb athletes but tackling machines. Both are average in coverage and can have problems shedding blocks, but are sneaky and find ways to make the tackles through the garbage. Neither are great at blitzing. Both are similar size. I think it would be pointless to have gotten rid of Ryans and then draft Teo. Grab a mid round guy who can tackle well and has athleticism to blitz, no need to use a first rounder on an ILB.
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

IMO they are similar players. Neither were superb athletes but tackling machines. Both are average in coverage and can have problems shedding blocks, but are sneaky and find ways to make the tackles through the garbage. Neither are great at blitzing. Both are similar size. I think it would be pointless to have gotten rid of Ryans and then draft Teo. Grab a mid round guy who can tackle well and has athleticism to blitz, no need to use a first rounder on an ILB.

Comparisons notwithstanding, I'm not interested in Te'o. He's either a scheming scumbag or the biggest idiot in the entire world. He also can't play against elite competition.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would trade up to grab Teo, i know thats not popular, but i believe in Teo
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring all of Teo's issues for a little bit, to me ILB is just not a 1st round worthy position unless that player is just on a truly elite level. Patrick Willis is an example of a 1st round ILB that's worthy of a 1st round pick. I also don't see OG or Safety as 1st round worthy unless that person is just truly on an ELITE level. To me Teo is not elite and not worthy of a 1st round pick. Your 1st round pick should be an impact player or at least be at a position capable of making an impact. I also think we've got bigger holes to fill at NT and WR.
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Ignoring all of Teo's issues for a little bit, to me ILB is just not a 1st round worthy position unless that player is just on a truly elite level. Patrick Willis is an example of a 1st round ILB that's worthy of a 1st round pick. I also don't see OG or Safety as 1st round worthy unless that person is just truly on an ELITE level. To me Teo is not elite and not worthy of a 1st round pick. Your 1st round pick should be an impact player or at least be at a position capable of making an impact. I also think we've got bigger holes to fill at NT and WR.

So what if Cushing has a set back or is only 50% of what he was last year. And your saying ILB isn't a 1st round priority or would like to go with Barrett Rudd and Bradie james as a replacement. How did that work in the playoffs? I'm so sick of people wanting a WR in the 1st when its been show that it takes a WR 2-3 years to become productive in the NFL.
Shore up the OL and middle of the defense before thinking about a WR.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 32 of 63

Jump to: