Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 15228
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.


I don't think Porter is realistic in the 3rd anymore. After the senior bowl he's cemented himslef at the very top of the 3rd at worst but likely a 2nd. I've actually seen mocks from "professional" draft guys having him in the bottom of the 1st.

With that said I love him. But I think it would take our 2nd at least and I wouldn't be surprised if we had to trade up even so.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11855
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.


I don't think Porter is realistic in the 3rd anymore. After the senior bowl he's cemented himslef at the very top of the 3rd at worst but likely a 2nd. I've actually seen mocks from "professional" draft guys having him in the bottom of the 1st.

With that said I love him. But I think it would take our 2nd at least and I wouldn't be surprised if we had to trade up even so.


You're probably right :-/

I've had a tough time nailing down Porter's stock. Before the Senior Bowl, I had Porter pegged as a 1st rounder based on everything I'd read that scouts had to say about him. I heard he had a great Senior Bowl week, but I was never able to actually watch him there as I don't have a television or cable.

It seemed to me as though the hype died down.

That said, I'd gladly take Porter over Glennon in the 2nd if need be.
_________________
Anyone but Bortles.
davidpalmer714 wrote:
What i do know is that he's the smartest person on this board and its' not even close.


Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of my mock draft what would you keep and what would you not and i will try to fix it the best that i can... and try again
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2755
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Just a little mock tell me what you think. This is a mock with the comp picks of a 3,6,6,6

This is a mock where i was looking for Texan character as well as talent and this is what i came up with

1: Ziggy Ansah OLB BYU
I know everyone is saying why why why well this is going with the assumption that Brooks Reed is moving to ILB. This man is tapping into his true talent and it was impressive to watch him at the Senior Bowl make hustle plays. Pair him with Mercilus or Barwin he makes our defense have a threat that can do it all.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
This is that number two threat we have been wanting. He is a great route runner and has the speed to burn people deep if people pay too much attention to Andre or the run game. Also this guy has that Texan character that we all are getting to know and love. He falls this far because people will take patterson hopkins williams over him bec of speed. West Coast system is more about good route running and hands to make the catches over the middle and he can do that.

3: Bennie Logan DT LSU
I know he is a undersized DT but this guy reminds me of Jay Ratliff and Wade fell in love with Ratliff in Dallas so he wants another guy like that and he thinks this is it. This is a pure Wade

3: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
This is a underrated corner that got hurt and came back too early IMO. He was still trying to get his speed back and if he gets that back with an offseason with our training staff then we have a steal. I think teams have forgotton this man.

4: Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
Once a tight end then bulked up to be a OT and because of this he fits perfectly in our ZBS. NFL.com have compared him to Eric WInston and he is a BIG TEN guy. Due to the comparison and Kubiak likes the transition from TE to T and being a BIG TEN guy. I just added 1+1+1 equals future texan. He will compete with Newton

5: Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
Mauti would have been a second round pick if it wasnt for his second ACL injury. I love this guys attitude and love the loyalty he had in Penn State thats a dying thing in this business and i want to bring that to Houston where he wouldnt have to start. He also would help alot on special teams so he helps everywhere.

6: Justin Brown WR Oklahoma/Penn State
He is the one that transfered out, but you can even ask his new coaches at Oklahoma his heart was always at Penn State and he is underrated to me. At 6'3 215 he couldnt be any worse than Jean in fact i think he is alot better. He would fit in nicely in a West Coast offense because he can make all the catches and he isnt afraid to go over the middle.

6: Patrick Omameh OG Michigan
This guy is as smart as they come. first he picked to go to Michigan instead of Ohio State so thats a great start. He has is quick on his feet. So that tells me that he can learn quick and succeed in the ZBS. Also another BIG TEN guy lol.

6: John Boyett S Oregon
I watched this guy at Oregon and he impressed me as a guy that wouldnt back down from anyone at anytime. We need two safeties because KEO is a JOKE as well as DEMPS. Get Boyett and he instantly does better than those two guys. He is a hard worker and will do anything to get on the field.

6: Ryan Lacy CB Utah
Its sort of ironic that if McCain walks in FA and we get this guy same size as McCain and same speed and same College could be a cheaper route than McCain if he starts demanding more than he is worth. Good character as well.

7: Earl Wolf S N.C State
This is a guy that could be a diamond in the rough type guy but at the east west shrine game he wasnt afraid of anyone and he won his fair share of battles. He is here to push Keo or Demps out the door for good and that right there is a formula for success.

I went heavy secondary in the later rounds of the draft because after watching Brady destroy us twice it makes me think that we are not as deep as we thought we were. We need competition there and young rookies that want a job might just take some of our current guys spots if they have the drive to want it... I think this draft would help us in all of our needs as well as adds another pass rusher to the fold in houston to create depth that gives us a luxury. let me know what you think.



JMO:
1. Ansah, I like the player but I don't think he fits the Texans 3-4 system. At 274 lbs. he either needs to lose a little weight/gain speed for OLB or add 20 lbs. of muscle for DE. I also don't think either position is a 1st round need. We need 3-4 NT or WR here.
2. Hunter, I love the player and pick I just don't think it's realistic at #57. After the Combine I think Hunter is easily in the 1st round. Move him to our 1st pick and you fill a need with a great player.
3. Logan, again good player but I don't see him filling a team need and we've got bigger holes to fill than 3-4 DE depth, and we need 3-4 NT.
3b. Hawthorne, I love this pick where we do need depth and I agree he's underrated.
I'm not familiar with many of your remaining picks, I'd be leery of Mauti this early because it's a 2nd ACL injury. I'd rather have AJ Klein-ILB in the 4th or 5th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i see your point so tell me what are your DT that you would like for this team and rate them in order
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28104
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Sandcastle should be high on our big board in round 1
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11855
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Hmm i see your point so tell me what are your DT that you would like for this team and rate them in order


These are just the DTs in my top 64 (0/1/3/5 indicative of position they'd play, i.e.; 1-tech, etc.):
1. Star Lotulelei, Utah - 0, 1, 3, 5
2. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri - 3, 5
3. John Jenkins, Georgia - 0, 1
4. Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern - 3, 5
5. Sharrif Floyd, Florida - 1, 3, 5
6. Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State - 0, 1, 3
7. Kawann Short, Michigan State - 0, 1, 3, 5
8. Jesse Williams, Alabama - 0, 1
_________________
Anyone but Bortles.
davidpalmer714 wrote:
What i do know is that he's the smartest person on this board and its' not even close.


Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4232
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle should be high on our big board in round 1


I want him real bad! Pray
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle should be high on our big board in round 1


Runs a 4.2 40. Heck yes.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5462
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle should be high on our big board in round 1


Runs a 4.2 40. Heck yes.


He's about as "real" as the QBs that have been presented thus far as realistic options that are supposed to be an improvement over Schaub. If life were a commercial script, like the Bud Clydesdale one. David Carr would have longed for his first love in Houston during the Giants parade last year and returned home to be the great strong-armed mobile QB he was born to be. And IT dorks get women like in the godaddy commercials...
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13921
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Underwood wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle should be high on our big board in round 1


Runs a 4.2 40. Heck yes.


He's about as "real" as the QBs that have been presented thus far as realistic options that are supposed to be an improvement over Schaub. If life were a commercial script, like the Bud Clydesdale one. David Carr would have longed for his first love in Houston during the Giants parade last year and returned home to be the great strong-armed mobile QB he was born to be. And IT dorks get women like in the godaddy commercials...


Rolling Eyes keep interpreting words the way you want
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4232
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper and McShay released their Mock 2.0's today.

Kiper has us taking Patton here's his write up.

Analysis: Houston needs to find another weapon for Matt Schaub. Andre Johnson will be 32 this summer, and if he's out of the lineup, the drop-off is significant. If you're a fan that hasn't seen anything from Patton, roll the tape from his game against Texas A&M. All he did to the Aggies was 21 catches, 233 yards and 4 TD catches. Simply put, Patton was really, really hard to cover in 2012, and when he went to the Senior Bowl against some of the top competition in the draft, he didn't get any easier to cover. Love the way he release from pressure, can set defenders up and work the sides or the middle of the field, using long arms to snatch the ball away from his body. A rising player meets a good fit.

McShay has us taking Keenan Allen here's his simple write up.

The Texans need more legitimate pass-catching options outside of Pro Bowl WR Andre Johnson. Allen lacks elite top-end speed, but he's a great athlete with a good frame, and his ball skills are much-improved from early in his career. He would give QB Matt Schaub another quality option and help open up some room for Johnson.
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
longhorntexan


Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 180
Location: Austin, Texas
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Kiper and McShay released their Mock 2.0's today.

Kiper has us taking Patton here's his write up.

Analysis: Houston needs to find another weapon for Matt Schaub. Andre Johnson will be 32 this summer, and if he's out of the lineup, the drop-off is significant. If you're a fan that hasn't seen anything from Patton, roll the tape from his game against Texas A&M. All he did to the Aggies was 21 catches, 233 yards and 4 TD catches. Simply put, Patton was really, really hard to cover in 2012, and when he went to the Senior Bowl against some of the top competition in the draft, he didn't get any easier to cover. Love the way he release from pressure, can set defenders up and work the sides or the middle of the field, using long arms to snatch the ball away from his body. A rising player meets a good fit.

McShay has us taking Keenan Allen here's his simple write up.

The Texans need more legitimate pass-catching options outside of Pro Bowl WR Andre Johnson. Allen lacks elite top-end speed, but he's a great athlete with a good frame, and his ball skills are much-improved from early in his career. He would give QB Matt Schaub another quality option and help open up some room for Johnson.


I've seen each of them play once. Allen against the 2011 Texas team in the Holiday bowl and Patton against A&M this year. Allen, although I believe is physically superior than Patton got shut down by Diggs, our 5'8 corner. Although this was a year ago, nothing about him that day made me say wow. I watched Patton play out of his mind against A&M. He literally willed his team back from that huge deficit in the first half. The aggies were throwing double and bracket coverage his way all day and he still found a way to do his thing. I fell in love with this guy on that day.
_________________
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28104
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen Patton play against us this past season and I didnt really come away impressed. Thought he would do more against our bad secondary. Then I saw his game against Texas A&M and came away impressed. He went off that game even if LA Tech runs the Air Raid offense. I still view Patton as a 2nd rounder. If we want him I hope we trade back into the top of round 2 and select him.

I would love for Allen to fall to us in round 1. He has the tools to develop into a number 1 WR a few years down the line and if we draft him we wont have to take on that job right away.

BTW, LBJchris what WR's did each of them have in round 1 that were picked ahead of the WR's they put for us?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4232
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I seen Patton play against us this past season and I didnt really come away impressed. Thought he would do more against our bad secondary. Then I saw his game against Texas A&M and came away impressed. He went off that game even if LA Tech runs the Air Raid offense. I still view Patton as a 2nd rounder. If we want him I hope we trade back into the top of round 2 and select him.

I would love for Allen to fall to us in round 1. He has the tools to develop into a number 1 WR a few years down the line and if we draft him we wont have to take on that job right away.

BTW, LBJchris what WR's did each of them have in round 1 that were picked ahead of the WR's they put for us?


Kiper has Patterson going #12 to Miami, Allen to the Rams at #22 and Patton to us at #27 as his only Wr's taken in the 1st round.

McShay has Patterson to the Rams at 16, Allen to us at #27 and Hunter to the 9ers at 31 as his only Wr's taken in the 1st round.
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 31 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group