Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be VERY happy with Hodges....hes a complete backer with high intensity, would pair nicely with Cushing and he will range from 2-4 right now, playing himself closer to the 2nd round grade....
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Via walterfootball

At the East/West Shrine game, Texans talked to:

Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos, South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore, Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges

We've never been a team to tip our hand at who we like early in draft by bringing them in for workouts or talking to them. So if anything all these guys are guys wed hope to see on Day 3 of the draft.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Via walterfootball

At the East/West Shrine game, Texans talked to:

Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos, South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore, Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges

We've never been a team to tip our hand at who we like early in draft by bringing them in for workouts or talking to them. So if anything all these guys are guys wed hope to see on Day 3 of the draft.

They all are, MAYBE Hodges sneaks up to round 2, but those others prolly won't.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what ET said in the needs thread about unconfirmed sources saying will be receiving a 3rd and 3 6th rounders as compensation picks. That gives us:

1 - 1st
1 - 2nd
2 - 3rd's
1 - 4th
1 - 5th
4 - 6th's
1 - 7th

There's no way on gods green earth that we have 11 rookies on roster next year. Seeing as this season was the first time ever one of our current years draftees didn't make the 53 man roster in Nick Mondek I don't see us making all 11 picks. Now you cant trade compensation picks, but I can fully see us using our mid to late round picks to trade up within the draft to get guys we're high on.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper released his Mock 1.0 and has us selecting Keenan Allen WR from Cal.

I would love the pick

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I would love the pick

Me too. Allen has nice athleticism and would be a nice target for Schaub in the passing game. If he fell to us I would be ecstatic.

As of right now this is my big board as to who we should pick. (Realistic shots at the prospect)

1. WR Keenan Allen
2. WR Terrence Williams
3. WR Justin Hunter
4. ILB Kevin Minter
5. WR DeAndre Hopkins
6. SS Matt Elam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I would love the pick

Me too. Allen has nice athleticism and would be a nice target for Schaub in the passing game. If he fell to us I would be ecstatic.

As of right now this is my big board as to who we should pick. (Realistic shots at the prospect)

1. WR Keenan Allen
2. WR Terrence Williams
3. WR Justin Hunter
4. ILB Kevin Minter
5. WR DeAndre Hopkins
6. SS Matt Elam

Keenan Allen will be a star in the NFL. Yes, please.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If what ET said in the needs thread about unconfirmed sources saying will be receiving a 3rd and 3 6th rounders as compensation picks. That gives us:

1 - 1st
1 - 2nd
2 - 3rd's
1 - 4th
1 - 5th
4 - 6th's
1 - 7th

There's no way on gods green earth that we have 11 rookies on roster next year. Seeing as this season was the first time ever one of our current years draftees didn't make the 53 man roster in Nick Mondek I don't see us making all 11 picks. Now you cant trade compensation picks, but I can fully see us using our mid to late round picks to trade up within the draft to get guys we're high on.

Sorry to fact check you on this one, but there have been been plenty of other Texans picks that didn't make the 53. Even giving you credit for really meaning 53 + IR + Practice Squad, just last year 7th rounder Cheta Ozougwu didn't make our PS or even get an IR resort year just like Mondek. Plenty of Texans picks didn't make the 53 man roster their rookie years including Randy Bullock (IR), Rashad Carmichael (IR), Shiloh Keo (PS), Shelley Smith (PS), Trindon Holliday (IR), Dorin Dickerson (PS), Troy Nolan (IR), Alex Brink (PS), Brandon Frye (PS), Brandon Harrison (IR) and that's just the Smithiak years. Remember, to make the practice squad you have to be cut, clear waivers, and while on the PS are available to be signed by anyone's active roster so let's not equate making the PS with making the team. Beyond that, even some higher picks like 2nd rounder Harris and 4th rounder Graham were essentially stashed on the inactive list their rookie seasons until getting some special teams work late in the season when injuries piled up.

If anything, I think the Texans have come to throw away far too many day 3 picks, especially considering all the holes that emerge on our rosters every year. Certainly, we know as well as anyone that there are some gems to be found in the UDFA pool, but there ARE reasons to DRAFT players with 6th rounders vs. hoping to sign UDFAs. Looking at WR alone, UDFA Jean was slated for a big role this year and UDFA Maehl was on the active roster last year and PS this year not to mention all the low rent filler like Bryant Johnson, David Anderson, and Derek Mason. Meanwhile, Antonio Brown and Pierre Garcon were exceptional 6th round finds, Stevie Johnson a 7th round steal, while 6th/7th round guys like Josh Morgan, Brandon Gibson, Julian Edelman, David Gettis, Kyle Williams, and Dwayne Harris are still better than anyone we've had occupy our 4th/5th WR slots.

I'm not advocating we address WR with a late round pick at this point, but let's not dismiss that there most certainly could be 6th round upgrades over the likes of Andrew Gardner, Cody White, Ryan Harris, Terrell McClain, Jesse Nading, Mister Alexander, Cameron Collins all of whom finished the season on our roster and Barrett Ruud who started playoff games for us! I count no less than 7 members of our Week 17 secondary that I would consider replaceable by 6th or 7th round picks (Ball, Carmichael, Routt, Demps, Pleasant, Keo, Harris.) While I'm all for using some of our quantity of picks to improve quality, particularly in the first 2 rounds, but there are at least 15 spots on this team where 6th/7th rounders could earn a spot and probably more so 11 picks making some combo of the 53 man / PS / IR is far from a stretch if we draft well.

There will also be spots open up in the following manner:

Doubtful Butler, Ryan Harris, and Caldwell would be resigned

Ball, Demps, B. McCain, Cody, Dobbins and James playing positions hopefully targeted for higher draft/FA upgrades pushing them off the roster

Possibility that James Casey, Connor Barwin, and/or Glover Quin get offers on the open market we simply don't want to beat like Brisiel and Dreessen got last year.

Amongst players under contract, Walter is clearly on borrowed time and I can't think of a single contribution Tyler Clutts made all season.

Donnie Jones was fine, but I still object to eating up $1 million of cap on veteran punters when you can draft one in the late rounds and pay them less than half of that and lock in that savings for 4-5 years.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I would love the pick

I'd love this pick, but I seriously doubt Allen falls this far. As the #1 ranked WR prospect I'd think he'll go in the top 10. I sure wouldn't mind T. Williams or J. Hunter though if Allen is gone.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Possibility that James Casey, Connor Barwin, and/or Glover Quin get offers on the open market we simply don't want to beat like Brisiel and Dreessen got last year.

Amongst players under contract, Walter is clearly on borrowed time and I can't think of a single contribution Tyler Clutts made all season.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm wondering if Clutts is James Casey insurance. Casey is going to make money this offseason, one way or another.

He's a perfect Patriot, for instance.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm wondering if Clutts is James Casey insurance. Casey is going to make money this offseason, one way or another.

He's a perfect Patriot, for instance.

Great point Kenney, didn't really think about it that way til now. There's plenty of teams out there with money to spend and Casey isnt exactly our #1 FA option especially with his replacement In house with a year of learning the playbook under his wing.

That would also mean drafting atleast 1 if not 2 TE's unless they like the Supernaw or Brock.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to come away with

Cordarelle Patterson WR
Jesse Williams NT
Andrew Jackson ILB

I would cry with joy
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I would love the pick

1. WR Keenan Allen
2. WR Terrence Williams
3. WR Justin Hunter
4. ILB Kevin Minter
5. WR DeAndre Hopkins
6. SS Matt Elam

RT is a bigger need than WR, and I see the Texans addressing the WR issue in FA rather than the draft. Would love to get Minter or Elam as I think middle of defense needs to be fixed.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I would love the pick

1. WR Keenan Allen
2. WR Terrence Williams
3. WR Justin Hunter
4. ILB Kevin Minter
5. WR DeAndre Hopkins
6. SS Matt Elam

RT is a bigger need than WR, and I see the Texans addressing the WR issue in FA rather than the draft. Would love to get Minter or Elam as I think middle of defense needs to be fixed.

If you're going to say RT is a bigger need I would like an explanation as to how and especially how over WR?

Yes some of yall might think Newton sucks, but I doubt the coaching staff does. He was a 7th round pick from a FCS school, that's like a 2A OL high school recruit going to Bama and you want him to excel right away, that's not gonna happen. Last year he got redshirted and got on a real strength and condition plan, this year he got eased into playing and he clearly got better. No, he's not Eric winston, but he cost a 10th of Winstons salary and in the salary cap era you take his production for the piece were paying him. Next years the key, he should get the full time gig and If he continues to develop he'll become and above avg NFL starter.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Would love to come away with

Cordarelle Patterson WR
Jesse Williams NT
Andrew Jackson ILB

I would cry with joy

Looks like you wont be crying tears of joy this year, Jackson tweeted on the 14th (last day to declare) that he's returning for his Sr. year.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 23 of 63

Jump to: