Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-the-top-of-my-head partial mock draft:

1. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson (could go higher, but I'm seeing projections for him at the end of the 1st)
2. Jon Bostic, LB, Florida
3. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
3. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

Actually I hate this draft, but whatever.
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Looking back at things, I think it would be in the Texans best interest to trade Ben Tate especially if they could get a 2nd and change for him. This draft is becoming so deep at running back. With the Texans system, they really can fit a lot of backs in there. I'm for it if they trade Tate, bring back Forsett and draft a RB.

I agree. He has 1 more year after this season I believe and no way we pay big dollars to 2 backs. I doubt we could get a 2nd round pick from him based on the year he had, but if we could get another 3 round pick I would be happy.

I think we'd be very fortunate to get a 3rd round pick for Tate, more likely a 4th or 5th. Tate has been injured alot this season and RB value has been steadily falling in the NFL the last few years.
If all we can get for him is a mid-round pick then why not keep him for another year. If he walks after that so be it. I would rather have motivated Ben Tate than an extra 4th round pick.

However, if we were able to use him to move up in the draft, I would be all for that.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

1. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson (could go higher, but I'm seeing projections for him at the end of the 1st)

You've got good players but there's no way Bray and Short fall that far. I think they go early 2nd at worst.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my latest.

1. Kawann Short-DT
2. Quinton Patton-WR
3. Gabe Jackson-OG
3b. Ricky Wagner-OT expected comp. pick.
4. Kiko Alonso-ILB
5. Johnny Adams-CB
5b. Michael Williams-TE expected comp. pick
6. Kapron Lewis-Moore-DT/DE
6b. J.C. Copeland-FB expected comp. pick
7. Quinn Sharp-P/K
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:

You've got good players but there's no way Bray and Short fall that far. I think they go early 2nd at worst.

1. Maybe, but Bray is like the 7th best QB in this draft.
2. You guys way overrate Short. Also we better not touch a nose tackle in the first round.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:

2. You guys way overrate Short. Also we better not touch a nose tackle in the first round.

I see a LOT of Ryan Leaf in Tyler Bray. Has a great set of tools, but just doesn't have it between the ears, someone who will be quick to stab his teammates in the back when things don't go his way. Granted, he's not going #2 overall...but the guy will be toxic if he's in a locker room that is looking to him to answer questions.

My QB of the moment is EJ Manuel from Florida State. Guy has shades of Colin Kaepernick in him, a big bodied QB with great mobility and a strong arm. Has some consistency issues, would bode well to redshirt him his first year - but could be a guy who could compete as one of the dual threat QBs that NFL teams are moving towards. Played in a pro-style offense, very good guy, team leader and hard worker.

Given that he will blow up in the combine, interview well and have a great Pro Day, I don't see him falling past 20. If the Texans want him, they'll have to go and get him.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:

I see a LOT of Ryan Leaf in Tyler Bray. Has a great set of tools, but just doesn't have it between the ears, someone who will be quick to stab his teammates in the back when things don't go his way. Granted, he's not going #2 overall...but the guy will be toxic if he's in a locker room that is looking to him to answer questions.

My QB of the moment is EJ Manuel from Florida State. Guy has shades of Colin Kaepernick in him, a big bodied QB with great mobility and a strong arm. Has some consistency issues, would bode well to redshirt him his first year - but could be a guy who could compete as one of the dual threat QBs that NFL teams are moving towards. Played in a pro-style offense, very good guy, team leader and hard worker.

Given that he will blow up in the combine, interview well and have a great Pro Day, I don't see him falling past 20. If the Texans want him, they'll have to go and get him.

Yup, with the success of Wilson and Kaep other QB's with their attributes will begin to be over drafted even more than QBs already are....

With Posey donski in my eyes, WR/ILB are must drafts in the top 2 rounds. I dont care if we have to move down to gain value or move up if there's a run at either position.

Im going to post my thoughts in the gdt first later tonight then my thoughts on what we do in the draft now that the seasons officially over.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:

What about Ryan Nasib from syracuse? strong arm , 3 year starter, mobile, and played in pro style offense.

Any thoughts?

EJ Manuel in the 1st, really? Don't want any part of the black christian ponder.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
What about Ryan Nasib from syracuse? strong arm , 3 year starter, mobile, and played in pro style offense.

Any thoughts?

EJ Manuel in the 1st, really? Don't want any part of the black christian ponder.

I don't think race has anything to do with it, and it's something we frown on here. I get your comparison, but let's try to limit it going forward...OK?

Thanks. Very Happy

I like Nassib; Great tangible assets, experienced to boot. However...he reminds me a lot of Schaub in that he tends to shrink when the moment is big. He can feast on non-critical games, but get him in a big game moment...and he just doesn't seem to be the same QB.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Yup, with the success of Wilson and Kaep other QB's with their attributes will begin to be over drafted even more than QBs already are....

With Posey donski in my eyes, WR/ILB are must drafts in the top 2 rounds. I dont care if we have to move down to gain value or move up if there's a run at either position.

Im going to post my thoughts in the gdt first later tonight then my thoughts on what we do in the draft now that the seasons officially over.

That's the silver lining from the Posey injury - we have no choice but to find some sort of replacement in the near future, and with a top heavy WR draft, there should be options to be had in the late first. Terrance Williams might be too far ahead for the Texans, Justin Hunter would also be a guy out of our range, Da'Rick Rogers has red flags abound, Corradelle Patterson might be in the range...but Robert Woods seems like a guy who had his stock take a hit with his Jr year, and has LOADS of talent to bring to the table. A complete WR with no glaring weaknesses, has a bunch of potential. He's destined to be a #2 WR early on, but can mature as a player and take over as a #1, with a mended up Posey as his #2 in 2015 or so.

I think the comped 3rd is going to be akin to house money for the Texans - gives us some leeway to take a bold selection, one that many wouldn't figure for this team. Maybe a 4-3 OLB that translates to an ILB in the 3-4, ala Cushing? I haven't done heavy scouting on LBs yet, but I should have a better idea of who is who sometime in the coming weeks...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping Geno Smith falls and they get him at 27 or they get EJ in the 2nd. I want a mobile QB.
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Any thoughts?

I don't think race has anything to do with it, and it's something we frown on here. I get your comparison, but let's try to limit it going forward...OK?

Thanks. Very Happy

I like Nassib; Great tangible assets, experienced to boot. However...he reminds me a lot of Schaub in that he tends to shrink when the moment is big. He can feast on non-critical games, but get him in a big game moment...and he just doesn't seem to be the same QB.

I only made the comparrison because they are very similar style of QB's, went to the same college, and one is black and one is white . My tense was not used in a derogatory way. So what is the issue?

Nassib shrinks in the pressure games, but when has Manuel stepped up during a pressure game. Looked pretty ineffective against Florida this year, and doesn't he have injury issues as well.

Texan fans just need to face it that Schaub will be the strater for the next 2 years minimum. Or maybe we can trade Schaub for David Carr straight up. I guess we have forgotten what a totally incompitent starting QB looks like. How Texan fans have such short memories.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Very Happy

I only made the comparrison because they are very similar style of QB's, went to the same college, and one is black and one is white . My tense was not used in a derogatory way. So what is the issue?

It's a can of worms that we don't like to open - your use isn't meant in a derogatory way, but it opens the door to someone using it in a derogatory way. You might not take it to that level, but - if the internet has taught me anything - there is a troll out there, just WAITING to turn it into "that" discussion.

It's just some preventative maintenance on my part.

Thanks. Very Happy

Quote:
Nassib shrinks in the pressure games, but when has Manuel stepped up during a pressure game. Looked pretty ineffective against Florida this year, and doesn't he have injury issues as well.

Manuel put FSU on his back when they were losing by 21+ against Clemson - just led some quick strike drives downfield, made precision throw after throw. IIRC, he missed a few passes, but hit the big ones and put FSU up for good. Was poised through the whole drive back into the game, completely outplayed Tajh Boyd, someone who is also getting some hype as a mid to late 2nd round QB prospect.

Not denying that Manual has a LOT of refining he has to do before he's ready to take the next steps, but from what I've read on the guy, he's got a great work ethic and is a very coachable player. I don't think Manual has any injury history - nickel and dime stuff at most, nothing to be overly concerned on.

Quote:
Texan fans just need to face it that Schaub will be the strater for the next 2 years minimum. Or maybe we can trade Schaub for David Carr straight up. I guess we have forgotten what a totally incompitent starting QB looks like. How Texan fans have such short memories.

I'm fine with this, but would like to hedge bets, given that we have more draft picks this year than in any year before. The loss of Mario Williams nets us a 3rd rounder, and the losses of Mike Breisel, Jason Allen and Joel Dreessen net us three 6th round picks. For once, we're playing with house money...and even if Matt Schaub is better than what we have had, he is 31 years old and has shown a tendency to get hurt from time to time. (There are a few who think that Matt got hurt sometime this season, and hasn't told anyone about it. Given the rep he was getting as an injury prone player, I don't blame him for hiding any injury...and it would lend itself to the decline in his play). Finding a clop board holder who can develop into a starter 2-3 years down the line would be an acceptable approach, would it not?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Very Happy

It's a can of worms that we don't like to open - your use isn't meant in a derogatory way, but it opens the door to someone using it in a derogatory way. You might not take it to that level, but - if the internet has taught me anything - there is a troll out there, just WAITING to turn it into "that" discussion.

Thanks. Very Happy

Quote:

Manuel put FSU on his back when they were losing by 21+ against Clemson - just led some quick strike drives downfield, made precision throw after throw. IIRC, he missed a few passes, but hit the big ones and put FSU up for good. Was poised through the whole drive back into the game, completely outplayed Tajh Boyd, someone who is also getting some hype as a mid to late 2nd round QB prospect.

Not denying that Manual has a LOT of refining he has to do before he's ready to take the next steps, but from what I've read on the guy, he's got a great work ethic and is a very coachable player. I don't think Manual has any injury history - nickel and dime stuff at most, nothing to be overly concerned on.

Quote:

I'm fine with this, but would like to hedge bets, given that we have more draft picks this year than in any year before. The loss of Mario Williams nets us a 3rd rounder, and the losses of Mike Breisel, Jason Allen and Joel Dreessen net us three 6th round picks. For once, we're playing with house money...and even if Matt Schaub is better than what we have had, he is 31 years old and has shown a tendency to get hurt from time to time. (There are a few who think that Matt got hurt sometime this season, and hasn't told anyone about it. Given the rep he was getting as an injury prone player, I don't blame him for hiding any injury...and it would lend itself to the decline in his play). Finding a clop board holder who can develop into a starter 2-3 years down the line would be an acceptable approach, would it not?

I understand what you are saying. Don't leave yourself open for any problems down the road with the race issue.

We can all scream for a replacement, but think next year is a more reasonable year to look for a replacement for Schaub. Unless someone just falls into our laps in the 2nd or 3rd round. My wish is that we get a RT in the 1st and a ILB in the 2nd. if nothing this season has proven how weak our depth is at ILB. See Shane Vereen yesterday looking like Darren Spoles against Barrett Rudd/Brady James.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Very Happy

Thanks. Very Happy

Quote:

Quote:

I understand what you are saying. Don't leave yourself open for any problems down the road with the race issue.

Bingo. Wink

Quote:
We can all scream for a replacement, but think next year is a more reasonable year to look for a replacement for Schaub. Unless someone just falls into our laps in the 2nd or 3rd round. My wish is that we get a RT in the 1st and a ILB in the 2nd. if nothing this season has proven how weak our depth is at ILB. See Shane Vereen yesterday looking like Darren Spoles against Barrett Rudd/Brady James.

I'm warming up to an ILB earlier than I anticipated - still not feeling one in the first (unless Manti Te'o were to drop like a stone) but can see this as one of the pickups on the eventual "Rick Smith trade down for more mid round picks" move that is bound to come on day 2. Our original 3rd round pick will probably turn into a few 4ths and maybe a 5th...seems as if its the part of Rick Smith's MO now.

I'mma have to dig into the ILBs in this draft, see who stands out...will probably look at some 4-3 OLBs who can move to the ILB role (NaVarro Bowman, Brian Cushing, etc).

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 21 of 63

Jump to: