Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Looking back at things, I think it would be in the Texans best interest to trade Ben Tate especially if they could get a 2nd and change for him. This draft is becoming so deep at running back. With the Texans system, they really can fit a lot of backs in there. I'm for it if they trade Tate, bring back Forsett and draft a RB.

I agree. He has 1 more year after this season I believe and no way we pay big dollars to 2 backs. I doubt we could get a 2nd round pick from him based on the year he had, but if we could get another 3 round pick I would be happy.

Hell, at this point I'll take a 4. I'm bettin we can find a more productive back in the 4th.

I would like to see the Texans have a Patriots esque draft where they stockpile draft picks and accumulate multiple 2s or something in next years draft. Hopefully someone jumps up to our spot (@ the 32nd pick) to nab a 2nd round QB option from JAX or KC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Looking back at things, I think it would be in the Texans best interest to trade Ben Tate especially if they could get a 2nd and change for him. This draft is becoming so deep at running back. With the Texans system, they really can fit a lot of backs in there. I'm for it if they trade Tate, bring back Forsett and draft a RB.

I agree. He has 1 more year after this season I believe and no way we pay big dollars to 2 backs. I doubt we could get a 2nd round pick from him based on the year he had, but if we could get another 3 round pick I would be happy.

I think we'd be very fortunate to get a 3rd round pick for Tate, more likely a 4th or 5th. Tate has been injured alot this season and RB value has been steadily falling in the NFL the last few years.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

I think we'd be very fortunate to get a 3rd round pick for Tate, more likely a 4th or 5th. Tate has been injured alot this season and RB value has been steadily falling in the NFL the last few years.

At least you guys are finally realizing that nobody gets traded for their original draft position, especially guys who have been injured over half their careers and especially at a position who's draft value has plummeted (Arian Foster, Alfred Morris anyone?). #12 overall pick Ryan Matthews wouldn't draw a 3rd round pick right now, 1st rounder Beanie Wells probably wouldn't draw a 4th, so Tate may draw a 5th rounder at best.

Reality is that trades for young players for draft picks are exceedingly rare without extenuating circumstances like #20 overall Aqib Talib warranting only a late 4th rounder. #9 overall Keith Rivers drew only a 5th rounder from the Giants. Brandon Marshall was only worth 2 3rd rounders. Tebow was worth only a 4th and a 6th. Salary diminished some of the trade value of the above, but it's not like Tate would be much of a bargain as he would be a 1 year rental unless they were crazy enough to sign a player with a spotty record at best to a long-term deal. We could have sold a Michael Turner stuck behind LT type story last offseason, but not after more games lost to hammy injuries and being and being relatively unimpressive all season. From a Texans standpoint, trading or cutting Tate only saves $575k in cap so there isn't much reason to do anything.

Let's not forget that we get the Eagles 3rd and 4th rounders this year from the DeMeco trade which now looks brilliant since these will be 4th highest in those rounds (not to mention the $24 million in cap space savings in 2013-2016). Edit - clearly I'm far from brilliant or am losing my short-term memory. We also should be due a 3rd round comp pick (not tradeable) for losing Mario.

Personally, I think the Texans would be wise to spend a 4th-6th rounder on an RB to push Tate next year and replace him in 2014. Tate is a potentially explosive guy to have when healthy, but he is unreliable and this absolutely was a factor in Foster's fade late in the season. Forsett is a handy guy to have around, but he's not a guy who can even sub for a single game as a #1 and really isn't equipped to be much of a late game/burn the clock guy while shaving carries from your starter. If we upgrade the secondary maybe we can get away with quality instead of quantity there and can carry 4RBs next year.

I've always contended Ben Tate's biggest problem is a poor work ethic in the offseason, so the Texans & his agent ought to be all over him this offseason about how he has the chance to showcase himself next preseason (where Arian should barely touch the ball) for a solid payday in free agency and part of me likes what Tate could offer when money motivated (it worked his Senior year). However, if Tate has another uninspired camp and has his production dwarfed by a UDFA for the 4th straight pre-season it is time to cut bait and get a 2014 late rounder from someone who thinks they know the right buttons to push and spare ourselves the bother of another season of wondering if he is up for playing football that week.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
biggio7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Let's not forget that we get the Eagles 3rd and 4th rounders this year from the DeMeco trade which now looks brilliant since these will be 4th highest in those rounds (not to mention the $24 million in cap space

Um no, that trade was for the 2012 draft. Not this one.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Let's not forget that we get the Eagles 3rd and 4th rounders this year from the DeMeco trade which now looks brilliant since these will be 4th highest in those rounds (not to mention the $24 million in cap space

Well heck, wouldn't that have been brilliant if that was for the 2013 draft too. I get a few of these senior moments a year. Let the whippings commence.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Well heck, wouldn't that have been brilliant if that was for the 2013 draft too. I get a few of these senior moments a year. Let the whippings commence.

No problems, we all forget things due to our busy lives once in a while Grandpa. d'oh!
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know where exactly to put this, but I just found out the Jets fired Mike Westhoff, who was perhaps the premiere mind in Special Teams for many years in the league.

Any chance we could bring him in to replace Joe Marciano?
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I didn't know where exactly to put this, but I just found out the Jets fired Mike Westhoff, who was perhaps the premiere mind in Special Teams for many years in the league.

Yes. Anyone but Marciano.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Matthews is returning to Texas A&M where he will shift from RT to LT next season

good news for an Aggies fan Very Happy
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

I'd love him or Dave Toub, ST maven for the Bears under Lovie Smith.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Westoff retired, and was not fired. So everyone's wishes of Mariciano being let go are out the window unless we give up 2 special teams TD this weekend.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Westoff retired, and was not fired. So everyone's wishes of Mariciano being let go are out the window unless we give up 2 special teams TD this weekend.

Meh, I don't think Marciano is safe by ANY stretch of the word. Might not be replaced by Westhoff or Toub, but its clear that Marciano's method is simply not working. There are countless positions behind the main roles, and someone should get a chance given the poor job Marciano's units have done.

Of the main aspects of Special Teams, only FGs have been consistent and decent at best. Our return game has been horrid, our return coverage has been horrid. They break containment at the worst time in defending punts/kickoff and create lanes for teams to exploit, they don't create lanes for their own returners, they are always holding or blocking someone in the back on returns...the unit is undisciplined and under performing, and someone has to feel the cut of that blade when the season is over.

Only way I see Marciano KEEPING his job is if the unit does a 180 and actually makes some game changing/game winning plays several weeks in a row. If we beat NE because of blocked FGs and a PR TD, then follow it up with a few forced fumbles on KR as well as a PR TD against Denver/Bal, then beat Green Bay or San Fran on two blocked FGs returned for a TD in the Super Bowl...then Marciano should keep his job.

ONLY then.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think if you guys could get a 3rd for Tate you should prolly take it, anything less than that, then no.

I mean, even if you know for a fact you can only have him ONE year, Foster is about to be coming off a 500-550 touch season.

So, it would be a pretty cheap year, he would play hard I would assume to look better for free agency, and SHOULD get 10 touches a week all year.

You guys have a very strong RB core and are a serious threat for the super bowl, don't hurt the RB core for a 4th rounder that has a pretty huge chance of not helping you.

Now, I know a lot of you WANT to deal Tate. How many of you actually think you guys will?

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like we will have the 27th pick in the draft (based on wiki).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
So it looks like we will have the 27th pick in the draft (based on wiki).

Yup Its #25 Seattle #26 Green Bay #27 Us #28 Denver

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 20 of 63

Jump to: