Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
I know it's a longshot, but what if Teo falls in a range where we can trade up for him. He hasnt done a good job tonight against Bama.

That's what I was thinking. I keep on rooting for more miss tackles and the commentator to continue bashing him.

Cush and Teo > Willis and Bowman

Eh, no. Willis and Bowman are both elite ILBs. Te'o will never be elite.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Heres a quick mock from me, not doing comps, because idk what we will get

1. Lane Johnson RT, I could easily see us trade back a little, but ultimately I think we grab our RT of the future. I doubt we give up on our young players at RG, but no one is stepping up at RT, Johnson is a massive athletic player who can also play LT in a pinch. His size, athleticism and flexibility to play both T spots make him a must have, not to mention he played TE.

2. Andrew Jackson ILB, this kid is awesome. I fully expect him to shoot up boards after the combine, with his only knock is he is slightly small, about 6 1, but seriously who cares. He hits hard, great tackler, sneaky blitzer, good range in coverage. He would look amazing next to Cushing, and with all the injuries to ILB and no one really stepping up, I think ILB will be a big need. Especially someone who can cover TEs.

3. Jamar Taylor CB. A very physical underrated player. Some say he is best in zone, I disagree, he is great in man, but still VERY good in zone. His flexibility will fit in nice with what we do. He could EASILY solidify our nickle spot and is good enough to fill in for Jackson and Joseph if they get hurt or need a breather. He is a great tackler and good in bump in run, he may actually test great and not be here, but hopefully teams continue to under rate him.

4. Omoregie Uzzi G, a player who is athletic and not afraid to chop people. We MIGHT be able to get him in the the 5th, but with our comp picks, we should use one on him. He can sit for a bit and compete for LG, because Wade will be in his last year of his contract next season. This will give us 3 young guys to compete for 2 starting guard position, and 2 of them will be able to play C if need be. Our line will be set for quite a while if we pick a few pieces up this off-season.

From here we need some pass rushers, maybe another corner or safety, someone who contribute on special teams and then a freakin punter.

Im struggling with NOT picking Matt Elam in round 1, the guy would be a great fit in our defense. A cover safety who is a big hitter and slides down into the slot to cover quite often. He would be like Quin, but better in coverage. He would like nice on the back end.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

1. Lane Johnson RT, I could easily see us trade back a little, but ultimately I think we grab our RT of the future. I doubt we give up on our young players at RG, but no one is stepping up at RT, Johnson is a massive athletic player who can also play LT in a pinch. His size, athleticism and flexibility to play both T spots make him a must have, not to mention he played TE.

2. Andrew Jackson ILB, this kid is awesome. I fully expect him to shoot up boards after the combine, with his only knock is he is slightly small, about 6 1, but seriously who cares. He hits hard, great tackler, sneaky blitzer, good range in coverage. He would look amazing next to Cushing, and with all the injuries to ILB and no one really stepping up, I think ILB will be a big need. Especially someone who can cover TEs.

3. Jamar Taylor CB. A very physical underrated player. Some say he is best in zone, I disagree, he is great in man, but still VERY good in zone. His flexibility will fit in nice with what we do. He could EASILY solidify our nickle spot and is good enough to fill in for Jackson and Joseph if they get hurt or need a breather. He is a great tackler and good in bump in run, he may actually test great and not be here, but hopefully teams continue to under rate him.

4. Omoregie Uzzi G, a player who is athletic and not afraid to chop people. We MIGHT be able to get him in the the 5th, but with our comp picks, we should use one on him. He can sit for a bit and compete for LG, because Wade will be in his last year of his contract next season. This will give us 3 young guys to compete for 2 starting guard position, and 2 of them will be able to play C if need be. Our line will be set for quite a while if we pick a few pieces up this off-season.

From here we need some pass rushers, maybe another corner or safety, someone who contribute on special teams and then a freakin punter.

Im struggling with NOT picking Matt Elam in round 1, the guy would be a great fit in our defense. A cover safety who is a big hitter and slides down into the slot to cover quite often. He would be like Quin, but better in coverage. He would like nice on the back end.

I thought the knock on Elam was his coverage skills?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I thought the knock on Elam was his coverage skills?

No he is a natural play maker who is good (not great) in coverage, for a safety hes great....his 40 time will make or break him really, its not clear how fast he is...plus he can peak into the backfield too much and be out of position on occasion
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stayed out of the draft discussion for the most part thus far because I haven't paid much attention to the mock drafts until now, but I think the team's needs have become pretty clear at this point and all the college games are done.

We absolutely must draft another runningback this year. It's clear that Kubs does not trust Tate to carry the ball and Forsett cannot carry the load as an every down back in the event Foster gets hurt. With Foster's heart thing, ridiculous workload, and decreased production this year, I think all signs point toward an injury-plagued 2013 for Foster. I'd like to see Giovanni Bernard or Stepfan Taylor in a Texans jersey next year.

We have to improve the line. I think Derek Newton could be pretty good after an offseason of watching tape and looking at his weaknesses, but he's no sure thing. I think Ben Jones will be a good player one day, but that's an idea, not a certainty. Wade Smith has been OK here, but he's no star. Brandon Brooks could be good, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd like to see us draft a guy that could play as many spots as possible, so I think Barrett Jones would be the ideal draft choice. Either way, I'd like to see us draft multiple O-linemen that could challenge everyone not named Duane Brown or Chris Myers for starting spots, and at the very least, push guys like Cody White and Andrew Gardner off the roster.

WR is a must, early. We still have no long-term replacement for Andre, KW won't be an NFL player much longer, and no one else on our roster has proven themselves to be an NFL-calibre receiver, let alone one capable of producing as a #1 receiver. I'm not usually a fan of trading up, but I would not be mad at all if we traded up for Keenan Allen. If we could get Robert Woods in the second, I'd be all for it. I wouldn't mind Conner Vernon if we decided to go later in the draft. I might not even mind it if we ended up with Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins, though I'm always suspicious of WR's in offenses of that type.

I actually don't think D-line is that big of a need. I'd be fine with re-signing Cody, though I wouldn't mind an upgrade. I don't think any NT we would draft this year would be able to start next year and actually be an improvement.

ILB, on the other hand, is a great need. Ogletree from UGA and Bostic from UF would be two I'd particularly like to see in a Texans uniform.

Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro, Bacarri Rambo, and TJ McDonald would all look good in a Texans uni, serving in the Quintin Demps role as 3rd safety, and eventual replacement for Danieal Manning. David Amerson could be a hybrid S/CB if he declares. Robert Lester, Matt Elam, and Earl Wolff could be solid strong safeties. There are an unusually large amount of good safeties available in the draft this year, so we might as well stock up so we don't have to suffer through the likes of Shiloh Keo again.

Sig by matthouston91
treece300e

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

I'm happy to see Jamar Taylor getting some love. I've watched him a lot at Boise State, and I personally think he's the best CB to come out thus far; yes, better than Kyle Wilson who unfortunately hasn't lived up to the hype. He is really good in either coverage scheme and is a very physical corner in the run-game. I didn't watch as many games this year, but in nearly every game he was making great impressions. I also think he could be a very good Safety in the NFL. My only concern is his health. He's missed numerous games throughout his career at BSU.
CAS22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Jones should be moved to LG next year in anticipation of becoming Wade Smith's successor. Brooks will 100% be the starting RG next year and I'd rather see Jones take over sooner rather than later.

Brooks is going to be special. Once he learns better technique, he has a chance to be one of the best guards in the league. He just has an incredible mix of strength, size, and mobility.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205889504&DB_OEM_ID=27300

Please take 2 mins out of your day to read this. It's a letter from Luke Jockel to Aggie nation about his decision to enter the draft.

It's a true testament to his parents on how they raised a great young man and its nice to see rest parenting still happening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Ben Jones should be moved to LG next year in anticipation of becoming Wade Smith's successor. Brooks will 100% be the starting RG next year and I'd rather see Jones take over sooner rather than later.

Brooks is going to be special. Once he learns better technique, he has a chance to be one of the best guards in the league. He just has an incredible mix of strength, size, and mobility.

I agree Brandon Brooks should be starting RG next season, but I think we'll draft Wade Smith's replacement this year. I'm hoping Gabe Jackson, Alvin Bailey, Kyle Long, etc... there are lots of good ones. I think Ben Jones should be primary backup at all the interior O-line positions and is the heir apparent in a couple years to Myers. At 6'03" and only 303 lbs. I see Jones as undersized for a starting OG in the NFL. Jones has been manhandled a few times this season and I'm hoping by training camp next season he will have added some bulk and strength.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Lewan stupidly went back to school. We have no shot at Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Taylor Lewan stupidly went back to school. We have no shot at Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson.

Man that gives Mathews more incentive to enter the draft.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:

Man that gives Mathews more incentive to enter the draft.... Twisted Evil

He's already said he's going back. Which is good, because he needs gametape on the left side to enhance his pro prospects.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

That was dumb, his draft stock is plenty high right now. I don't think we'll go after an early OT, but if we did there's still Oday Aboushi, Dallas Thomas, and Ricky Wagner, etc... Lots of good O-line talent in this draft and I hope we go after some of it in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
biggio7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at things, I think it would be in the Texans best interest to trade Ben Tate especially if they could get a 2nd and change for him. This draft is becoming so deep at running back. With the Texans system, they really can fit a lot of backs in there. I'm for it if they trade Tate, bring back Forsett and draft a RB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Looking back at things, I think it would be in the Texans best interest to trade Ben Tate especially if they could get a 2nd and change for him. This draft is becoming so deep at running back. With the Texans system, they really can fit a lot of backs in there. I'm for it if they trade Tate, bring back Forsett and draft a RB.

I agree. He has 1 more year after this season I believe and no way we pay big dollars to 2 backs. I doubt we could get a 2nd round pick from him based on the year he had, but if we could get another 3 round pick I would be happy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 19 of 63

Jump to: