Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Punter? Jones has been great this year.

3rd safety is a need, but I'd hardly put that on a list of needs. Unless you think we're letting Quin walk.

NCB is a need. And given the amount we use it I consider it a big need.

I'm still not sure what to do about WR. Jean is nothing more than a 4 or 5 to run deep. Martin at best is a slot guy. Posey showed promise today, but it's too early to annoint him a #2. WR is a deep this year. Getting one in the 2nd might not be a bad pick.

Jones is wildly inconsistent, with his many shanks

I think S is a big need, but you're right, the 3rd safety that is....meaning we need one BAD, but not a 1st rounder.

Nickle is a need, but again with Harris and McCain probably not going anywhere, I would hope we just sign a mid level guy, better than Allen though.

WR, I would rather sign a big time wr like Wallace or my favorite Bowe.

I think NT and ILB are the biggest high round needs followed by OLB

The issue with saying ILB is a high round need is that we'd have to change our defense. With Cushing back in our current system the guy is basically 2 downs. We'd have to change to where they guy was good in coverage so we can stay in base more than nickel.

OLB is getting me too. Which Barwin and Reed are the real ones. This year or last year. Assuming we keep Barwin, which I'd do considering after this year he'll be fairly cheap, we have 3 guys who have shown they can get after the passer well. It comes down to who you think the true Barwin and Reed are.

We won't have the money to get Wallace. Bowe I don't know but that will still cost a lot, and mean letting at least 1 and maybe both of Barwin and Quin walk so we have the money the following year for Cushing.

Based on Apollos post, in the roster thread maybe?, he led me to think we could afford a good signing this off-season, especially with letting guys like Walter and Shaun Cody go......which we should

We have not control over Cody, he's a FA after the season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man after a game like today Kawann Short is looking better and better... If nobody saw what i just saw then tell me what we need for teams stop running up the gut on us time and time again... I can dream though for either short and minter or short and rhoades.... DREAM SCENARIO OF COURSE... I dont care how we get there but if we some how got them I would be happy.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Punter? Jones has been great this year.

3rd safety is a need, but I'd hardly put that on a list of needs. Unless you think we're letting Quin walk.

NCB is a need. And given the amount we use it I consider it a big need.

I'm still not sure what to do about WR. Jean is nothing more than a 4 or 5 to run deep. Martin at best is a slot guy. Posey showed promise today, but it's too early to annoint him a #2. WR is a deep this year. Getting one in the 2nd might not be a bad pick.

Jones is wildly inconsistent, with his many shanks

I think S is a big need, but you're right, the 3rd safety that is....meaning we need one BAD, but not a 1st rounder.

Nickle is a need, but again with Harris and McCain probably not going anywhere, I would hope we just sign a mid level guy, better than Allen though.

WR, I would rather sign a big time wr like Wallace or my favorite Bowe.

I think NT and ILB are the biggest high round needs followed by OLB

The issue with saying ILB is a high round need is that we'd have to change our defense. With Cushing back in our current system the guy is basically 2 downs. We'd have to change to where they guy was good in coverage so we can stay in base more than nickel.

OLB is getting me too. Which Barwin and Reed are the real ones. This year or last year. Assuming we keep Barwin, which I'd do considering after this year he'll be fairly cheap, we have 3 guys who have shown they can get after the passer well. It comes down to who you think the true Barwin and Reed are.

We won't have the money to get Wallace. Bowe I don't know but that will still cost a lot, and mean letting at least 1 and maybe both of Barwin and Quin walk so we have the money the following year for Cushing.

Based on Apollos post, in the roster thread maybe?, he led me to think we could afford a good signing this off-season, especially with letting guys like Walter and Shaun Cody go......which we should

We have not control over Cody, he's a FA after the season.

even better, dont re-sign him Very Happy
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to go QB this year. Schaub won't need replacing soon, but I like having guys understand the program and sit for a while before starting, unless you want to have to be terrible to win a 50/50 shot at a good QB with a high draft pick. I'm a homer, but I'd love to see Mike Glennon in a Texans uni, and I think he's just the type of QB Kubiak can love: Tall and big with a rocket launcher for an arm, and ran a pro-style system in college. Also has a tremendous work ethic.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I think we need to go QB this year. Schaub won't need replacing soon, but I like having guys understand the program and sit for a while before starting, unless you want to have to be terrible to win a 50/50 shot at a good QB with a high draft pick. I'm a homer, but I'd love to see Mike Glennon in a Texans uni, and I think he's just the type of QB Kubiak can love: Tall and big with a rocket launcher for an arm, and ran a pro-style system in college. Also has a tremendous work ethic.

Pretty sure Kubs loves Yates and Case....doubt we grab another one
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

Keenum is a 24 year old on the practice squad, while Yates doesn't have the arm to be a great starting QB. I doubt we grab a QB early, but I'd love to see it.

Sig by matthouston91
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a very important draft for us as a franchise. It will come with probably 3 comp picks so we need to do this one right fill our roster with the best talent on the board not the potential. We need guys that can come in and learn the system and be expected to play if they have to at any moments notice... Look at past drafts like 2007 our first two picks were Okoye and Jacoby those picks were made on pure potential nothing more and where are they now. When we take players like WATT there were more sexy picks out there that we all were talking out like Robert Quinn everyone was talking about and Amukamara. Now i think they are decent players but who came in plugged and played and produced well for a rookie. NOW YES HE IS A MONSTER BUT NOBDOY THOUGHT HE WOULD BE DOING THE THINGS HE HAS DONE. If they thought he would do those things he would have gone alot higher than 11. Ill be honest i was on board with Quinn as the pick but glad i was wrong we dont need not the sexy pick, but the guys that we know can come in and do his job. QB is something i want to look into but no sooner than the 4th round. If we took a QB round 1 it better be someone that could come in and learn but accept he is behind Yates on the depth chart. Yates is to me as good as Schaub same arm strength everything ... I am ok with him but nothing like a good competition to make things better. AS LONG AS WE HAVE A CLEAR STARTER WHEN THEIR TIME COMES. QB seems like a luxury pick nothing more as of right now and seeing our current wholes we need to fill because ill be honest with you all i see is WATT, CUSH, JJOE as our defense nothing else really stands out. I mean look at what happens when CUSH and JJOE dont play teams score 30+ points on us true defenses shut it down as a unit. Our running game seems like it lost a step since Winston and Briesel are gone. OUR WR besides ANDRE ARE WHO???? we need more help than what people think. Yes we are 12-2 but that could easily be a losing record next year if we dont get our core better.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

Keenum is a 24 year old on the practice squad, while Yates doesn't have the arm to be a great starting QB. I doubt we grab a QB early, but I'd love to see it.

I agree. I would love to draft a QB early in the 2nd or something. I am a fan of Yates but by the time he is in position to take the job from Schaub he'll be like 29. I would love to get a young QB who came out early and we groom to be our next franchise QB.

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to do what the Broncos did last year. They signed manning for 5 years and drafted a 21 year old QB with loads of potential to be groomed to replace Manning when his contract comes to an end.
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I have to accept the fact that it might happen and if we do decide thats the best route to go. Then I pray for Tyler Bray let Kubiak teach him coach him up. Thats the only guy I see a guy thats really capable of being good... I dont like Glennon at all like everyone else does. Nassib is interesting at the most combine would have to impress me.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Alright I have to accept the fact that it might happen and if we do decide thats the best route to go. Then I pray for Tyler Bray let Kubiak teach him coach him up. Thats the only guy I see a guy thats really capable of being good... I dont like Glennon at all like everyone else does. Nassib is interesting at the most combine would have to impress me.

What makes you like Bray but not Glennon? They're very similar on the field, but Glennon is a better guy off the field and more of a student of the game. I like both of them, but I'd rather have Glennon represent the franchise, and I think Glennon will be better long-term because he'll be more of a professional.

Sig by matthouston91
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely nothing jumps out at me about Glennon ... i am just not impressed but when Schaub was in college i wasnt impressed with him either so this is only opinion based but as of now I like Bray
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a QB somewhere in the 3rd to 5th round. Every year a few decent prospects fall that far. I would have loved Nick Foles last year and he's proving to be a fairly capable player in Philly. I like the idea of a player with all the physical tools and showed potential in college. Give them a few years to play behind Schaub and/or Yates and learn the system, and hope that they are ready when their number is called.

One player I really want is Alec Ogletree. I know ILB isn't a huge need for us, but I like him as the eventual replacement for Cushing, which may be necessary sooner than we'd all like if he continues to have knee issues. As a former safety, I trust his coverage ability, and he plays with the same physicality that Cushing does. It may give us the ability to rotate Cushing on passing downs, or even keep both Cush and Ogletree in instead of Reed, or bringing in a 3rd Safety. Drafting a 3rd Safety is something I also really want. I like Phillip Thomas from Fresno St. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/382993/phillip-thomas. He's big, physical, and has great ball skills.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Absolutely nothing jumps out at me about Glennon ... i am just not impressed but when Schaub was in college i wasnt impressed with him either so this is only opinion based but as of now I like Bray

I watched him every Saturday this fall (I'm an NC State fan), and almost always came away extremely impressed. He almost always made the right decision with the ball (almost all of his picks came on plays when State was down by a lot, the offense became one-dimensional, and Glennon was the sole person on offense responsible for making things happen), he was great with checks and protection calls, he has an absolute cannon of an arm, he throws a phenomenal deep ball, and has really improved at his weaknesses in his time at State. He's also a great leader--I would even rank him ahead of Russell Wilson in that respect.

Which games did you watch this year?

Sig by matthouston91
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him against UCONN, VIRGINIA and MARYLAND... ALL no name schools where this guy completed barely 50% of his passes. This doesnt jump out and say DRAFT ME... thats why I am not impressed.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8755033/top-notre-dame-irish-linemen-zack-martin-louis-nix-enter-draft

Man, was really hoping Nix would declare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 9 of 63

Jump to: