Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need bulls in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We should think of trading up into the second round again if we have to. or trade out of the first and then trade up in the second whatever it takes to possibly land these two men.

I dont think our OLB are the problem. They get pressure off the corners, but the QB just takes a step forward bec we have no rush up the gut from our DT. we get the DT that can get pressure up the middle and look how much better our OLB's play.

Our ride side of the line scares me so get up high in the second to get Jonathan Cooper. I just like the idea of Cooper and Brooks as our Guards. Brown as out left tackle and Myers our center. Then prey someone falls to us in the third maybe Oday Aboushi
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much cap space will we be working with this off-season im curious how little we actually have
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
How much cap space will we be working with this off-season im curious how little we actually have

We should have some, we took the Jacoby and winston cap hits this season so that frees up some.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good enough to sign some of our FA in Quin and Barwin...? Yes i want to keep both I like our guys plus can we sign a guy like Antoine Cason and still be able to hold onto our guys like Watt long term and Cush... I mean i dont really want to draft a rookie corner we need something for our secondary that is going to produce now. I like him as a number two guy with joseph and kareem.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting declaration a couple days ago, Kniles Davis RB from Arkansas. I really dont know why since he's projected somewhere between the 6th-UDFA. I would love to take a flyer on him, kinda reminds me of Arian's college career.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see who else declares for the draft... you know every year there are about ten to fifteen guys that decalre that everyone is like WHO???? so far this year Tobias Ward is one of them. Kniles is someone that i was looking at just as size and his vision is good but we need help on that right side of the line
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Your forgetting the biggest need as the texans continue to struggle rushing the ball against good teams. OG or OT should be the 1st priority with NT not too far behind.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Your forgetting the biggest need as the texans continue to struggle rushing the ball against good teams. OG or OT should be the 1st priority with NT not too far behind.

I doubt they give up on Jones and Newton that quickly, look for us to draft some later round ol like always
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Punter? Jones has been great this year.

3rd safety is a need, but I'd hardly put that on a list of needs. Unless you think we're letting Quin walk.

NCB is a need. And given the amount we use it I consider it a big need.

I'm still not sure what to do about WR. Jean is nothing more than a 4 or 5 to run deep. Martin at best is a slot guy. Posey showed promise today, but it's too early to annoint him a #2. WR is a deep this year. Getting one in the 2nd might not be a bad pick.

#JDI
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
buckwild wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

I doubt they give up on Jones and Newton that quickly, look for us to draft some later round ol like always

Jones I agree, I'm not so sure about Newton. If they were that convinced they would have let him take his lumps and not replace him with Harris (it did happen at least once pre injury). I can see us taking 1 early if we really like him.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

3rd safety is a need, but I'd hardly put that on a list of needs. Unless you think we're letting Quin walk.

I'm still not sure what to do about WR. Jean is nothing more than a 4 or 5 to run deep. Martin at best is a slot guy. Posey showed promise today, but it's too early to annoint him a #2. WR is a deep this year. Getting one in the 2nd might not be a bad pick.

Jones is wildly inconsistent, with his many shanks

I think S is a big need, but you're right, the 3rd safety that is....meaning we need one BAD, but not a 1st rounder.

Nickle is a need, but again with Harris and McCain probably not going anywhere, I would hope we just sign a mid level guy, better than Allen though.

WR, I would rather sign a big time wr like Wallace or my favorite Bowe.

I think NT and ILB are the biggest high round needs followed by OLB
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
buckwild wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

Jones I agree, I'm not so sure about Newton. If they were that convinced they would have let him take his lumps and not replace him with Harris (it did happen at least once pre injury). I can see us taking 1 early if we really like him.

we faced this same thing with Brown his rookie season, he started getting spelled by Salaam during the season, but i can see us taking a RT if a guy like Jake Matthews is there at the end of round 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

I think S is a big need, but you're right, the 3rd safety that is....meaning we need one BAD, but not a 1st rounder.

Nickle is a need, but again with Harris and McCain probably not going anywhere, I would hope we just sign a mid level guy, better than Allen though.

The issue with saying ILB is a high round need is that we'd have to change our defense. With Cushing back in our current system the guy is basically 2 downs. We'd have to change to where they guy was good in coverage so we can stay in base more than nickel.

OLB is getting me too. Which Barwin and Reed are the real ones. This year or last year. Assuming we keep Barwin, which I'd do considering after this year he'll be fairly cheap, we have 3 guys who have shown they can get after the passer well. It comes down to who you think the true Barwin and Reed are.

We won't have the money to get Wallace. Bowe I don't know but that will still cost a lot, and mean letting at least 1 and maybe both of Barwin and Quin walk so we have the money the following year for Cushing.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Team needs

NT
S
Ilb
OLB
P

The issue with saying ILB is a high round need is that we'd have to change our defense. With Cushing back in our current system the guy is basically 2 downs. We'd have to change to where they guy was good in coverage so we can stay in base more than nickel.

OLB is getting me too. Which Barwin and Reed are the real ones. This year or last year. Assuming we keep Barwin, which I'd do considering after this year he'll be fairly cheap, we have 3 guys who have shown they can get after the passer well. It comes down to who you think the true Barwin and Reed are.

We won't have the money to get Wallace. Bowe I don't know but that will still cost a lot, and mean letting at least 1 and maybe both of Barwin and Quin walk so we have the money the following year for Cushing.

Based on Apollos post, in the roster thread maybe?, he led me to think we could afford a good signing this off-season, especially with letting guys like Walter and Shaun Cody go......which we should

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 8 of 63

Jump to: