Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
I haven't posted a mock in over a month so here goes.

1. Kawann Short-DT, perfect for Texans 1 gap 3-4 system.
2. Quinton Patton-WR, this might take some luck but he falls due to his 40 time at the Combine.
3. David Amerson-CB/FS, got burnt a few times this past season and moves to FS.
3b. Kiko Alonso-ILB, starter alongside Cushing.
4. Xavier Nixon-OT, new swing OT and possibly the LG in 2014.
5. Hugh Thornton-OG, all muscle and quality depth at OG.
6. Michael Buchanan-OLB, OLB depth with good potential and played with Mercilus at Illinois.
6b. Michael Williams-TE, great blocking TE with good hands as well. Adds some size to the O-line.
6c. Quinn Sharp-P, younger, better, cheaper.
7. Marquess Wilson-WR, low risk/high reward scenario, was once a 2nd round prospect.

We might get another 6th but I went conservative.

Love the Kiko Alonzo pick, warming up to Short as an NT in our 3-4. I don't know what to think about Patton, however - that Spread at La Tech just skews the numbers, and when I actually watch the guy, I don't see anything that stands out. Doesn't run fast or strong, not very good in his routes, body catches more often than not...reminds me a lot of Lestar Jean, to be frank. There's nothing BAD there, but nothing GOOD there either.

Right now, if we're looking to non-1st round WRs, I have my eye on Robert Woods. I don't think he last too far past the 2nd round, but if we're not gonna invest a 1st round pick on a WR, then Woods would be the guy I'd target.

EDIT - I glanced at USA Today's sport section, and saw a feature on South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore; Dr. James Andrews is overly impressed with his rehab since his knee injury, and the guy has always had a measure of character to be impressed with. The two knee injuries were absolute nightmares, but prior to that...the guy was an animal, just a freak at the position.

I'd not certain as to the fate of Ben Tate or Justin Forsett beyond 2013, but wouldn't it be grand to grab Lattimore in the 5th, stash him on the IR and see if he can regain form? I highly doubt Tate is a Texan for long, so wouldn't Lattimore be a nice fill in once Tate is gone?

Tate will be a FA after next season, thus it's his year to audition for the NFL, which means he'd better kiss Kubiaks butt to get on the field, perform well, and stay healthy. Tate's trade value cratered last season so we might as well ride him out to the end in a year that he has all the motivation in the world to perform well in, then let him walk and take the Comp. pick the next year. Also RB is the easiest position to transition to the NFL from college so I don't think there's a need to grab a RB a year early and stash on IR. This is Lattimore's 2nd time to injure that knee, not sure I trust it going forward and don't want to get stuck in a dead money contract if he can't perform.
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched tape on Patterson, Patton, and Hopkins tonight, as well as Minter. The receivers were all very impressive. Hopkins looks like a receiver we'd draft. Physical, good hands, pretty crisp routes, good catch in traffic, got bumped off his route a few times in the games I saw. Patterson is just a freak. Big guy, great moves, can really outjump a guy. Patton is a little slight, but he definitely has a knack of getting his hands on the bal and getting downfield.

Minter did not impress me all that much though. He plays the run very well and can be a weapon as a blitzer, but his coverage skills left a little to be desired.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im kinda liking Sharrif Floyd, hes doing great at the combine, and kinda fits that profile of a Phillips 3-4 NT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Im kinda liking Sharrif Floyd, hes doing great at the combine, and kinda fits that profile of a Phillips 3-4 NT

Will be long gone before the Texans pick. With Star's heart issue Floyd is the best DL in the draft now.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like McDonald and Stoneburner, they both could be our Dreesen possibly and help the run game out.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Will be long gone before the Texans pick. With Star's heart issue Floyd is the best DL in the draft now.

I'm hoping Star's heart issue drops him roughly 25 picks to Houston.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

i would love star, but i doubt we get him, if the issue is resolved he wont fall this far, if its not, then i wouldnt pick him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256537/football-headlines?r=1

Quote:
According to HoustonTexans.com, it's "not outside the realm of possibility" the team uses its first- or second-round pick on a quarterback.

Oh god no! I only like 2 QBs out this class and that's Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. I wouldnt trade up to select Smith, and the only way I would want Manuel is if we use a 3rd or 4th on him and it isnt a guarantee he will be on the board at that time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:
According to HoustonTexans.com, it's "not outside the realm of possibility" the team uses its first- or second-round pick on a quarterback.

Oh god no! I only like 2 QBs out this class and that's Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. I wouldnt trade up to select Smith, and the only way I would want Manuel is if we use a 3rd or 4th on him and it isnt a guarantee he will be on the board at that time.

Smoke screen!
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

Smoke screen!

I don't think this one is; my money is on Mike Glennon in the 2nd. He will be on my "guess the draft pick" list (along with Brad Wing, Manti Te'o, Terrance Williams, and Menelik Watson, among others so far).

Marco79

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ MANUEL !!!!!

And we would be stupid to pass on Geno if hes at 27, even if he wont be.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
kenney wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

i would love star, but i doubt we get him, if the issue is resolved he wont fall this far, if its not, then i wouldnt pick him

The handling of Rashad Butler actually has me thinking we might pull the trigger on him.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
kenney wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

The handling of Rashad Butler actually has me thinking we might pull the trigger on him.

Lotulelei is a defensive tackle who would play nose for us. I have him rated as the third best player in this draft.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

Smoke screen!

I don't think this one is; my money is on Mike Glennon in the 2nd. He will be on my "guess the draft pick" list (along with Brad Wing, Manti Te'o, Terrance Williams, and Menelik Watson, among others so far).

I think it's a bit of both - by and large, the Texans aren't going to select a QB, unless the value is out of this world at the spot. Whereas our past draft history shows that we're big on "BPA + need", I think this points to us looking at TRUE BPA at a spot, regardless of position.

We're not going to force a QB at any of the picks, but if the ACTUAL Best Player Available is a QB, we're not going to overthink it.

Sidenote: Tyrann Mathieu. Who wants him? I'm actually thinking that Houston would be the best for both parties involved - Houston would get that CB/slot/FS hybrid with outstanding return ability, Mathieu would be close to John Lucas and can continue the path he initially started when he admitted he had an issue.

I'm sure we won't take a risk (Apollo, I'm looking at you when saying this - no need to tangent me on this one) but...would be as close to a win/win as one could get.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Rick Smith and the #Texans should be looking at EJ Manuel. Time to break out of the conservative offense, add a potential playmaker.

Preach!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 37 of 63

Jump to: