Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
BTW - Daddy always loved me most.

No. No I did not.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

No. No I did not.

Back on topic ladies

What are yalls thoughts on Anash from BYU? I think he's enough of a freak to play OLB and be a BEAST!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

No. No I did not.

Back on topic ladies

What are yalls thoughts on Anash from BYU? I think he's enough of a freak to play OLB and be a BEAST!

Please, no. Ansah has Okoye written all over him to me. His "story" will generate far more interest than his ho-hum play outside of the Senior Bowl and some poor team will bite with visions of his "upside" and developing him into the next JPP. He had 4.5 sacks (not even a handful) in college folks (2 against Utah St, 1 Georgia Tech, 1 Boise St., 0.5 New Mexico State) while his teammate Kyle Van Noy was CLEARLY MUCH BETTER than him in every way including his 11.5 sacks (pretty much the opposite of JPP/Selvie) to the point where if you flip flopped them and Van Noy spoke with a Ghanan accent and was named Olajuwan, he'd have declared for this draft and be way ahead of Ansah (and that other mormon LB with a funny name).

JPP was a great pick, but how has fellow Haitian Vladimir Ducasse developed for the Jets with a similar story? Remember another physical freak who had to be talked into playing football and actually was successful at it in college (Vernon Gholston). Fortunately, I think some team will take him before us and get lots of draft day press followed by several offseasons of speculation about how THIS is going to be the year Ziggy breaks out. Here's hoping the Jags bite and make another Derrick Harvey-esque reach.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

No. No I did not.

Back on topic ladies

Please, no. Ansah has Okoye written all over him to me. His "story" will generate far more interest than his ho-hum play outside of the Senior Bowl and some poor team will bite with visions of his "upside" and developing him into the next JPP. He had 4.5 sacks (not even a handful) in college folks (2 against Utah St, 1 Georgia Tech, 1 Boise St., 0.5 New Mexico State) while his teammate Kyle Van Noy was CLEARLY MUCH BETTER than him in every way including his 11.5 sacks (pretty much the opposite of JPP/Selvie) to the point where if you flip flopped them and Van Noy spoke with a Ghanan accent and was named Olajuwan, he'd have declared for this draft and be way ahead of Ansah (and that other mormon LB with a funny name).

JPP was a great pick, but how has fellow Haitian Vladimir Ducasse developed for the Jets with a similar story? Remember another physical freak who had to be talked into playing football and actually was successful at it in college (Vernon Gholston). Fortunately, I think some team will take him before us and get lots of draft day press followed by several offseasons of speculation about how THIS is going to be the year Ziggy breaks out. Here's hoping the Jags bite and make another Derrick Harvey-esque reach.

He's going to tear up the combine, and someone might take him top 10

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is rocketing up boards, too bad for us

Now I need to decide who else I like at wr...ugh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

'

WR class is deep. You will find someone.

I personally LOVE DeAndre Hopkins as a prospect. He would be a nice fit for our offense with his sure hands and route running. He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks.

Other WR's I like:

WR Keenan Allen- Reminds me of Crabtree without the explosiveness
WR Terrence Williams- Underrated IMO. Not sure why people have him going in round 2. He should be a first rounder IMO.
WR Justin Hunter- Prior to his injury he was supposed to be the top WR in this draft.
WR Robert Woods- Overshadowed by Marquis Lee and put up good numbers at USC.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

DeAndre Hopkins, and Quinton Patton.

As for Ansah, NO, he's a 4-3 DE in the NFL.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted a mock in over a month so here goes.

1. Kawann Short-DT, perfect for Texans 1 gap 3-4 system.
2. Quinton Patton-WR, this might take some luck but he falls due to his 40 time at the Combine.
3. David Amerson-CB/FS, got burnt a few times this past season and moves to FS.
3b. Kiko Alonso-ILB, starter alongside Cushing.
4. Xavier Nixon-OT, new swing OT and possibly the LG in 2014.
5. Hugh Thornton-OG, all muscle and quality depth at OG.
6. Michael Buchanan-OLB, OLB depth with good potential and played with Mercilus at Illinois.
6b. Michael Williams-TE, great blocking TE with good hands as well. Adds some size to the O-line.
6c. Quinn Sharp-P, younger, better, cheaper.
7. Marquess Wilson-WR, low risk/high reward scenario, was once a 2nd round prospect.

We might get another 6th but I went conservative.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:

2. Quinton Patton-WR, this might take some luck but he falls due to his 40 time at the Combine.
6. Michael Buchanan-OLB, OLB depth with good potential and played with Mercilus at Illinois.
6b. Michael Williams-TE, great blocking TE with good hands as well. Adds some size to the O-line.
7. Marquess Wilson-WR, low risk/high reward scenario, was once a 2nd round prospect.

Solid, although im not sold on Short yet. Plus he's opted not to participate at the combine....

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also whenever a cap space figure is thrown out about us, or any team it usually doesnt include the carry over, which we have 2.4 mil from last year.

Also I have to find the link, but I believe we need 4.4 mil for our rookie pool.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

Solid, although im not sold on Short yet. Plus he's opted not to participate at the combine....

That seems very solid, nothing from that list jumps out as world beater to me but it addresses needs, adds depth, and invites competition.

I'm very high on Sharp right now actually haha. I was rewatching some old college games on youtube last night. He can consistently get out 50 yard bombs on punts, and I don't think I saw him miss one field goal. When was the last time a kicker did triple duty for an NFL team, because he could do it. Only issue may be just general wearing out of his leg throughout the course of the season.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:

Love the Kiko Alonzo pick, warming up to Short as an NT in our 3-4. I don't know what to think about Patton, however - that Spread at La Tech just skews the numbers, and when I actually watch the guy, I don't see anything that stands out. Doesn't run fast or strong, not very good in his routes, body catches more often than not...reminds me a lot of Lestar Jean, to be frank. There's nothing BAD there, but nothing GOOD there either.

Right now, if we're looking to non-1st round WRs, I have my eye on Robert Woods. I don't think he last too far past the 2nd round, but if we're not gonna invest a 1st round pick on a WR, then Woods would be the guy I'd target.

EDIT - I glanced at USA Today's sport section, and saw a feature on South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore; Dr. James Andrews is overly impressed with his rehab since his knee injury, and the guy has always had a measure of character to be impressed with. The two knee injuries were absolute nightmares, but prior to that...the guy was an animal, just a freak at the position.

I'd not certain as to the fate of Ben Tate or Justin Forsett beyond 2013, but wouldn't it be grand to grab Lattimore in the 5th, stash him on the IR and see if he can regain form? I highly doubt Tate is a Texan for long, so wouldn't Lattimore be a nice fill in once Tate is gone?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

EDIT - I glanced at USA Today's sport section, and saw a feature on South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore; Dr. James Andrews is overly impressed with his rehab since his knee injury, and the guy has always had a measure of character to be impressed with. The two knee injuries were absolute nightmares, but prior to that...the guy was an animal, just a freak at the position.

I'd not certain as to the fate of Ben Tate or Justin Forsett beyond 2013, but wouldn't it be grand to grab Lattimore in the 5th, stash him on the IR and see if he can regain form? I highly doubt Tate is a Texan for long, so wouldn't Lattimore be a nice fill in once Tate is gone?

I was hoping for this also... BUT like it has been pointed out, Lattimore looks like another freak of nature (a la Peterson & McGahee) so I expect some RB needy team will nab him in the 3rd (ATL, DEN, AZ, PIT, DET, GB) or maybe even the 2nd Shocked

If he is there in the late 3rd, I think we grab him with a compensatory pick (he did attend the owner's alma mater Laughing )
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

I was hoping for this also... BUT like it has been pointed out, Lattimore looks like another freak of nature (a la Peterson & McGahee) so I expect some RB needy team will nab him in the 3rd (ATL, DEN, AZ, PIT, DET, GB) or maybe even the 2nd Shocked

If he is there in the late 3rd, I think we grab him with a compensatory pick (he did attend the owner's alma mater Laughing )

I guess I can see that happening; Nonetheless, if the Texans made a gamble and took Lattimore in the 4th, I wouldn't be bothered in the least.

Another name that has caught my fancy - Gavin Escobar, TE out of San Diego State. The Texans were in dire straights for a TE last season with both OD and GG having some injuries, and it's not set in stone that James Casey is returning, let alone seeing snaps at TE again. Escobar is a big dude (6' 6" and 260, I believe) and is just a stud as a pass catcher - great hands, great route runner, long arms that translates out to a great catch radius, great jump ball guy in the RZ. Isn't that great of an in-line blocker, but since when have Texans' TEs been blockers?

With OD scheduled to make much more money than he deserves, would it behoove the Texans to part ways or restructure with him, and let the TE 2 spot be a toss up between Graham and Escobar? I personally think so, and would love to see us use the 3rd round to get this guy. We're talking so much about WRs, but the REAL issue is RZ offense - wouldn't it benefit the Texans to find a RZ threat, regardless of position?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
treece300e

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

Love the Kiko Alonzo pick, warming up to Short as an NT in our 3-4. I don't know what to think about Patton, however - that Spread at La Tech just skews the numbers, and when I actually watch the guy, I don't see anything that stands out. Doesn't run fast or strong, not very good in his routes, body catches more often than not...reminds me a lot of Lestar Jean, to be frank. There's nothing BAD there, but nothing GOOD there either.

Right now, if we're looking to non-1st round WRs, I have my eye on Robert Woods. I don't think he last too far past the 2nd round, but if we're not gonna invest a 1st round pick on a WR, then Woods would be the guy I'd target.

I also really like Alonzo; he plays with a bit of nastiness, but not to an unsportsmanlike level. The WRs in this draft remind me a bit of the 2008 draft in the sense that there is no true, clear-cut top WR. They have mixed backgrounds and college production, some inflated by pass-heavy systems (Patton/Austin/Woods), others hindered by injuries or WR depth ahead of them (Hunter/Patterson). While there are a lot of WRs that I like, I am nervous that there may not be a ton of NFL caliber talent. Conversely, it's possible that having no clear #1 prospect deteriorates my opinion of all the receivers, when it's truly a talented class. Quite the conundrum.

Overall, I'd be ecstatic with the draft. It addresses all of our needs, and gets some great value with Michael Williams and Marques Wilson. Amerson scares me a little, but I think some of his weaknesses would be covered up at Safety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 36 of 63

Jump to: