Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

when will Harrison play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: when will Harrison play? Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/64025/james-harrisons-return-could-be-delayed

I never had an injury like this, so I don't know what is going on. For those that know more, how long do you think is a realistic time to be out with this injury?

Even if we are last in the league in sacks/pressures, but still make the playoffs, I would be fine with Harrison sitting out until 100% even if that is near the end of the season. The interesting part is, we now see how the team is in a 3-4 without him and the results. I am looking forward to a few more games with Harrison out and seeing if these other players step up. Lebeau has had conservative playcalling, but if Troy is back, lets see how the passrush is.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: when will Harrison play? Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/64025/james-harrisons-return-could-be-delayed

I never had an injury like this, so I don't know what is going on. For those that know more, how long do you think is a realistic time to be out with this injury?

Even if we are last in the league in sacks/pressures, but still make the playoffs, I would be fine with Harrison sitting out until 100% even if that is near the end of the season. The interesting part is, we now see how the team is in a 3-4 without him and the results. I am looking forward to a few more games with Harrison out and seeing if these other players step up. Lebeau has had conservative playcalling, but if Troy is back, lets see how the passrush is.

What does this have to do with the offensive line?? Laughing

I agree though, Worilds and Carter need to step up til Harrison gets back, or it'll be harder and harder for Woodley to get to the QB and create pressure.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he will be out for a couple of more weeks. I really wish this wasn't the case, but it just isn't looking good for Harrison. I think this will be his last year with the Steelers.
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swelling probably is indicative of arthritis, in my non-expert opinion. I've had 3 knee surgeries on the same knee and my knee has never swelled like this after using it. My mom's knee did and she never had the wear and tear that I did. She tried these gel treatments, but because her knee joint was bone on bone arthritis, it was only a temporary fix. Eventually, it had to be entirely replaced with an artificial knee joint. It doesn't sound good; it sounds like he is having some of the same conditions my mom had.

Thanks Lyasr 529
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is since he will most likely not play past this year, and the Steelers have massive holes at many positions and certainly noone capable behind him, will they go out of the norm and make a FA signing in the offseason at at least one position since there's no way they can plug those in 1 draft.
Gunny Highway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think an intraarticular injection of synovisc is going to help the guy...I am pretty sure we will see him on the field by week 6 regardless. With someone like Silverback's temperment and work ethic it has to be killing him to not play. Just my 2 cents
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunny Highway wrote:
I don't think an intraarticular injection of synovisc is going to help the guy...I am pretty sure we will see him on the field by week 6 regardless. With someone like Silverback's temperment and work ethic it has to be killing him to not play. Just my 2 cents

I just hope he heals and doesn't cause more damage. If he does, I feel sorry for the players that will have to try and block him Twisted Evil He defines what a steeler LB should be when on the field. Too bad we couldn't have 4 LB's like him, couldn't even imagine what that would be like Shocked

92 to the rescue Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: