Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Zorn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Jim Zorn Reply with quote

I asked this question in another thread and didn't receive any feedback.

Is Jim Zorn still our quarterback coach??!! The reason I ask is that for all of the shots of Matt Cassel, not once have I seen him talking with Jim Zorn. I always see either Brian Daboll or Brady Quinn around Cassel showing him photos of the action on the field. Is Zorn maybe being limited in his role as the quarterback coach or is it just a coincidence that I only see Daboll and Quinn interacting with Cassel on the sideline?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a lot of dissention with Zorn. If I remember correctly he was upset about not getting the OC job, and rumor was Pioli had dangled the carrot so to speak to keep him from interviewing other places.

You are correct however, I haven't seen him this season. Which means I've seen Jim Ross of the WWE on a sideline (the OU-KSU game) more than Jim Zorn.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just more of the dysfunction I've come to expect at One ArrowHead Drive.
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I think there is a lot of dissention with Zorn. If I remember correctly he was upset about not getting the OC job, and rumor was Pioli had dangled the carrot so to speak to keep him from interviewing other places.

You are correct however, I haven't seen him this season. Which means I've seen Jim Ross of the WWE on a sideline (the OU-KSU game) more than Jim Zorn.

Incorrect on a technicality. Pioli didn't allow Zorn to do any other interviews for positions titled Assistant Coach. There are only two distinctions in coaches as far as the league is concerned -- Assistant Coach, Head Coach. The team cannot prevent him from talking to other teams about at HC position, but they can deny rights to interview (so long as he is under contract) for an Assistant's position, whether it be Quality Control, QB Coach, or Coordinator position. That is what I believe to have happened.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we've realized Cassel is a lost cause, and he's spending every waking moment on one of the back-ups? Maybe he's in the locker room holding garbage cans for Tanney to trick shot into? I did see him in the locker room during the postgame of the New Orleans game.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think he's distancing himself to prevent career suicide. Would you want Cassel on your resume?
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk I like the idea of working with the two inactive QBs. Along with holding garbage cans he could be teaching Stanzi how to french braid his hair.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ryk I like the idea of working with the two inactive QBs. Along with holding garbage cans he could be teaching Stanzi how to french braid his hair.

That was Bigs. How dare you insult me. Wink

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: