Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does your nick stand for??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan is a more technically talented musician. Pearl Jam is sounds better to my ears

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush's Fly by Night is a Volkswagen commercial now. Don't know how I feel about that...

I'm from KC, and live in Nashville now, but I lived in Philly when I signed up for this account. There is actually a bar in South Philly that is all Chiefs fan. If you know the stereotype about Philly sports fans...it's true....times 1000...So having a pack of Diehard Chief fans roaming around was sorta like awesome.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Improvised guitar playing Tom Morrello > errbody else.

Straight guitar playing Carlos Santana

Under-rated guys on the new scene both from country music (strange I know)

Brad Paisley and Zac Brown

I would label Tom Morello as more unique than everybody else...I've heard them some live, I don't remember it sounding much different from the studio...but I could be mistaken.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

I would label Tom Morello as more unique than everybody else...I've heard them some live, I don't remember it sounding much different from the studio...but I could be mistaken.

The thing about Morello is that what ends up on the album is already improvised. Rage is roughly two decades old, and they still sound so different then anything ever, and it's because of Morello.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I just wanted to add that live improv was just an example, not the only other way musical talent can shine through....and I realize any musician can improv, but there are varying degrees of musical orgasms depending on how good you are. By the way, McCready makes no attempts at remembering the original riffs/leads...he is known for playing spontaneously and by feel. That's part of why they have such a huge following...people can crank the studio versions anytime they want, it's great going to a concert not knowing quite sure how it's gonna be played, but at the same time maintaining a high quality.

Also, maybe a better way to convey what i'm saying is to use the Beatles as an example, since i'm not a fan. Ryknow is more skilled at his instrument than any of them as well, but to say that he is more musically talented than any of them just wouldn't be right.

You're comparing alternative musicians to a metal artist. The difference in popularity from the general public is so huge that it's immeasurable. Your "but to say he's more musically talented than the beatles just wouldn't be right" is like saying any of the Pro Bowl snubs over the last 10 years aren't even close to being more talented than anyone who actually WENT to the Pro Bowl. You're referring to popularity, not talent.

If you want the most talented band ever who was also very popular, it's Rush. Easily. Hands down. Rush.

Talented at their instruments, yes I agree unless it was the Who (isn't voice a talent?) Songwriting and well placed notes are also talents...isn't it the drummer from slipknot who's super fast and talented, but he can't hold a candle to Neil Peart because he's doesn't have near enough creative talent.

An example of being popular without much talent is Nickelback not the Beatles...and I enjoy them both about the same.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have a guitarist that is willing to play guitar with a drill, pull out the amp cord and use that as well as just finding strange ways to make guitars make interesting noises...that's innovation. And Bigs, I couldn't agree more
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

The thing about Morello is that what ends up on the album is already improvised. Rage is roughly two decades old, and they still sound so different then anything ever, and it's because of Morello.

I'm not sure what you mean...plenty of guitarists use first take or created on the spot solos on the album version.

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean...plenty of guitarists use first take or created on the spot solos on the album version.

just not Kirk Hammett Laughing Laughing

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearview, I like your mind set with your handle. Awesome, dude. Jimmydee: simple, Jimmy (my first name) and Dee (wife's name) ala Jimmydee.

Sixty five years here, and an OLD blues fan. BB, Albert King, etc. Played drums from Viet Nam to Ethiopia, to all four corners on the road for several years. Big Eagles fan (showing my age, I guess - Glenn is my man) but Marshall Tucker, etc. is my bag. Band in the KC area for 8 years was "The Old Farts Blues Band".

Now you got me reminesing....guess I'll go home a put some CD's in, grab my Makers Mark, a good cigar, and play for several hours.

What a welcome relief from having to think about our Chiefs. Thanks guys.
KW900

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is simple. I'm a driver by trade and the Kenworth w900 in my favorite truck.
War Rush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initials + last name. I made it up in middle school and I guess I haven't found a better name in ten years.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW900 wrote:
Mine is simple. I'm a driver by trade and the Kenworth w900 in my favorite truck.

What do you think about Volvo and Mack trucks?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
KW900

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
KW900 wrote:

What do you think about Volvo and Mack trucks?

Volvo is a very comfy truck sweet ride. Don't care to much for Macks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: